Lexus LS460L - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2006, 12:52 AM   #1
Loneryder

Send a message via AIM to docfnky
Lexus LS460L

Since we've been drooling all over these new cars...just something to keep the juices coming, enjoy.

http://www.clublexus.com/index.php/a...iew/7494/1/10/
docfnky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2006, 01:20 AM   #2
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
damnn.... with those rear seats in the back, gotta hire a driver for this car..

and they had to show the headlights...

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2006, 01:25 AM   #3
___

damn! that's sexay!!
borinka99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 10th, 2006, 06:45 AM   #4

That is a very good looking automobile!
caymandiver75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2006, 06:58 AM   #5
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Yeah I saw the press release on it yesterday but was too lazy to copy it all over
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #6
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Red02AccordV6
very impressive, buuuut i'd choose the M5 over it any day
Red02AccordV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2006, 10:16 AM   #7
Formerly VTEC-v6!

It's a completely different class of car, and should never be compared to a 5 series.
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2006, 11:44 AM   #8
M62B44tu powaH!

The rear looks like the new Camry only 10+ better, the trunk-lid looks like a Japanese Bangle 7-series only 10+ better, and the front looks like a GS, only 10+ better. The interior doesn't move me, although I'm sure it will be of high quality materials. It doesn't look to be the same class as a Audi, VW ect..ect.. They have stylized interiors, especially the gauges they sport. I do like how they are finalley using "suede-like" trim on the pillars that Germans for years have been using.
Max on This is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #9
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
This competes directly with the Mercedes-Benz S-class and BMW 7 series. Both are going to lose even more market share over the new LS.

Mercedes has followed the German's stuck on stupid method of how to build a better mouse with their new Command system. BMW's i-drive is as lame as ever. Why would any intelligent person even bother with these cars when Lexus offers voice activated controls for everything? Lexus did a good thing on following Acura's lead on voice-activated controls. I have yet to try the new COmmand, but I've tried out the i-drive and Acura's system. The voice-activated system wins hands down.

Drivability is obviously another concern. But truthfully, most folks who buy these cars aren't going to be racing around curves...except for me. But 99% of the folks shelling down at least 80k for these cars won't be racing around town. They want a luxurious ride and a car that simply demands respect and if possible, even a bit of awe.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the way my old s-class drove, but it was a real pain to maintain. I was in the shop almost every month for one thing or another. Same deal with my buddies 7-series. Not as bad as Mercedes in terms of quality, but still, its no comparison to Lexus.

If you are a rich fart with tons of disposible income and don't have a lot of time to deal w/ mechanical problems or just general car BS, then this Lexus will be for you.

Gosh....I can't wait until its out so I can grab a test drive.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC-v6!
It's a completely different class of car, and should never be compared to a 5 series.
oh, I was basing my comparison on price. The 06 M5 goes for 80k and the current LS430 goes for around 60k and I assume the new model will go up a tad in price.
Old January 10th, 2006, 04:43 PM   #11
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Send a message via AIM to HwaNi.J30A-C
I think Lexus is copying BMW a bit obviously these days.
Not that I am siding up for bmw cause I own one, but really. They need to be more creative and learn how to make their own products. Like how good old toyota really was.

Quote:
Interesting article - Mentions the IS and 3 series

Sportier LS Puts BMW in Lexus's Cross Hairs

By GINA CHON
Staff Reporter of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
January 9, 2006; Page B1

DETROIT -- When Lexus -- long the sedate, dutiful child of the luxury-auto family -- unveiled a bold, sleek redesign of its flagship car here yesterday, there was no mistaking that the brand is heading someplace new, namely straight at BMW's top-of-the-line 7-series.

Ever since the first Lexus LS was introduced in 1989, also at the Detroit auto show, it has been solid, super-quiet and ultrareliable, but it would never be confused with the BMW. The new Lexus LS 460, with a sportier design and increased horsepower, demonstrates the Japanese brand's shift of competitive focus away from DaimlerChrysler AG's Mercedes-Benz and toward BMW AG's "ultimate driving machine" image.

In performance and styling, the Lexus LS460 (top), is aimed at challenging the BMW 750Li sedan for younger luxury-car buyers.

Bob Carter, Lexus's general manager, avoids specifically mentioning BMW, but he says the new LS, coupled with a pair of less expensive models introduced last year, are an effort to go after younger buyers and compete more seriously in the performance category, long BMW's preserve.

"Our performance was always competitive but not viewed by the public as class-leading," Mr. Carter says. "So that's a segment we wanted to get into."

The new Lexus LS 460 has the world's first eight-speed transmission and a 4.6-liter, V8 engine with 360 horsepower, compared with the old LS, which has a six-speed transmission and a 4.3-liter, V8 engine with 278 horsepower. The BMW 750i has a 4.8 liter, V8 engine with 360 horsepower and six-speed transmission.

The new LS also will be more expensive than Toyota Motor Corp.'s past Lexus vehicles, surpassing the $70,000 mark, as the company makes a bid to up the ante on luxury and the sticker price that goes along with it. The current LS has a starting price of $57,220. The company will hit the $100,000 price tag for the first time with a longer, hybrid version of the LS. That vehicle will compete head on with Mercedes's S600, which is only available in the long wheelbase, and BMW's 760Li, neither of which are hybrids.

Like other car makers, such as General Motors Corp.'s Cadillac, Lexus sees growth in the high end of the luxury market in vehicles priced more than $70,000 and into the $100,000 range.

In its relatively short, 17-year history, Lexus has been extremely successful, leading the luxury segment for the past six years. The new LS is part of Lexus's move that began last year to create more excitement about its vehicles. The first Lexus models to take on the new, sportier attitude were the IS and GS sedans launched in 2005. The IS competes with the BMW 3-series, while the GS goes against the 5-series. One GS slogan: "The GS is so fast you'll spend less time in your car." Mr. Carter says the new vehicles have brought in buyers in their 30s. Lexus is also considering producing the LF-A, a concept vehicle unveiled last year. The vehicle has more than 500 horsepower and could go as fast as 200 miles per hour. "We have people coming in who have never been in a Lexus dealership before," Mr. Carter says.

That may give reason for BMW, which has sold cars in the U.S. since 1975, to be more fearful of Lexus as a competitor. But BMW spokesman Robert Mitchell says the German car maker sees more competition from Nissan Motor Co.'s Infiniti and Volkswagen AG's Audi, which have long offered sporty, youthful cars. "Lexus has their work cut out for itself if it's going to try to convince BMW owners to look at something else," Mr. Mitchell says.

Mr. Mitchell adds that BMW isn't sitting still as competitors try to catch up. In 2005, while Lexus launched the IS, BMW introduced a new version of the 3-series. He says that Lexus is the overall sales leader in the luxury segment, but BMW still outsells Lexus when in car sales, minus sport-utility vehicles. BMW sold 197,833 cars in 2005, while Lexus sold 151,226.

On a global level, BMW Chairman Helmut Panke has said he doesn't see Lexus as a serious competitor yet, since the Japanese car maker is mainly a U.S. brand. Although Lexus is stepping up its global presence, most notably in Europe.

While Lexus is moving into the higher price range, BMW is looking downward with the 1 series, although company officials have declined to estimate when the smaller sedan will arrive in the U.S.
HwaNi.J30A-C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #12
ex scientia vera

Now that is gorgeous inside and out!
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2006, 09:19 PM   #13
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
How are they copying BMW? Just by going for a sportier look? I applaud Lexus for going in this direction....its about time!

All the auto manufacturers copy from one another on multiple levels. Or should I say, come out with THEIR version of some great ideas. That's called competition. When you are going after the #1 in luxury sport sedans, you'd be an idiot NOT to try to emulate some of the things that made your competitor #1.

The 7th gen Accord was tuned to compete w/ the ride of the Passat. The new Civic, designed to beat the Ford Focus and inject some excitement back into its bread and butter car.

The Chrysler 300M bears a striking resembelance to a Rolls Royce.

Hyundai took elements of the Camry and Accord to make its latest Sonata.

The list goes on......

Let's not fall into the old trap of assuming the Japanese auto manufacters only copies and does not innovate.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #14
Team Haidabo

Send a message via MSN to taospec
Lexus always finds a way to make their rides so dammmed sexy! I think that rear seat console will distract me from having fun in the back seat, though.
taospec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2006, 09:42 PM   #15
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
you'd be an idiot NOT to try to emulate some of the things that made your competitor #1.
Exactly. As a wise guy said,
"why buy the copy when you can get the original?"

Take the existing ideas and twist it/make their "own versions"?
I don't call that innovative. Good cheater is still a cheater at the end.
Not that Im directing it towards toyota. I guess this applies to all manufacturers.

Reason I say all this is because I miss the good old toyota.
I am still a fan of toyota though. hey, they are making super camrys and RAV4s.
Old January 10th, 2006, 09:45 PM   #16
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Old January 11th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #17
Banned

wow, striking resemblemce (sp?) for a second there, I couldn't tell which was the bimmer and which was the lex.
Old January 11th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #18
Out of my Mind, Somewhere

Send a message via Yahoo to TooHypper
I will take 2 a white one and a black one

Gotta love the inside!
TooHypper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 12th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #19

Cool

So what if they are copying bmw... that doen't mean is a bad thing since they are aiming the top of the line of bmw...and judging by its looks it going to be a though competition for the beamers ...gotta love that ls460l
ultra82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 13th, 2006, 02:46 PM   #20
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
I don’t think it’s a bad idea that Lexus took the best things about the BMW 7 series and integrated them into the new LS. With the new LS, you get a 750i/Li with better build quality, slightly better looks (subjective), a more fuel efficient V8, possible hybrid in the future and all without that terrible I-Drive system. The long wheelbase LS adds great rear seat amenities from what I can see in the pictures . The only thing I question on the new LS is the use of an 8 speed A/T for a V8 . Lexus hit a homerun with the new 2006 GS, 2006 IS, the 2007 ES and now with the new LS. It seems that Lexus can do no wrong. Acura and Infiniti are already in trouble because of Lexus, and now it looks like BMW, MB and Audi are as well .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 13th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #21
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra82
So what if they are copying bmw... that doen't mean is a bad thing since they are aiming the top of the line of bmw...and judging by its looks it going to be a though competition for the beamers ...gotta love that ls460l
Its pathetic that they have to copy. Mostly because they are so capable of doing things on their own, and make it even better out of that. Thats what I like about Nissan/Infiniti. They look distinctively different, and their whole model line-up looks "unique to nissan". Thats why I hate how they totally changed exterior look of the IS350(even though the front does resemble is300 a little). They should've kept the styling trend of the IS300, just minor face lift it. Overall however, Toyota/Lexus probably know what they are doing. The new Camry, ES, they all look good. Seeing the new G35 prototype, looks like Nissan/Infiniti will be heading to the right direction also.

Honda/Acura, they are doomed in luxury market. Except for the TL class segment.
Old February 13th, 2006, 06:25 PM   #22
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwaNi.J30A-C
Honda/Acura, they are doomed in luxury market. Except for the TL class segment.
Yeah, it doesn't help that Acura has no full sized sedan to compete with the LS. Also, a V6 only RL and a 4 cylinder TSX doesn't help either.

Old February 13th, 2006, 07:52 PM   #23
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
Yeah, it doesn't help that Acura has no full sized sedan to compete with the LS. Also, a V6 only RL and a 4 cylinder TSX doesn't help either.
Definitely. RL should've been more "revolutionary" if wanted to stand up in that class.
Isn't TSX doing pretty well? Not very good obviously, but when I checked the sales last time, it was at least better than RSX. Which is doing just plain horrible.
Old February 13th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #24
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwaNi.J30A-C
Isn't TSX doing pretty well?
For the type of car it is and the price range, the sales are good. But it can't compete with the IS350, G35 or 330i in terms of performance. A V6 would add to much weight to the front and ruin its great handling characteristics. The only way to add a good deal of power to the current engine is with F/I (turbo or maybe a supercharger). And yes, the RSX isn't doing very well. But Acura is insisting on making a 2nd generation model.

Old April 15th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #25
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Lexus LS600hL: http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows...s_ls600hl.html

Now that's a hybrid that will make just about anyone drool .

Old April 15th, 2006, 02:28 PM   #26
FJC

Add some beautiful pictures. This machine has so many advanced technologies, which make 7 series and S series somehow dated.

LINK FOR PRESS RELEASE:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/Releases...T2006041217317

SOME SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Hits showrooms in Spring 2007
  • LS 600h L will be the world’s first vehicle to feature a full hybrid V8 powertrain
  • LS 600h L will only be offered in LWB version
  • LS 600h L has a peak combined output rating of more than 430 horsepower
  • LS 600h L has a new full-time all-wheel-drive system is utilized for superior handling control
  • LS 600h L also employs a newly developed dual-stage electronically controlled, continuously variable transmission
  • LS 600h L will provide power and performance on par with modern 12-cylinder engines while still delivering best-in-V8-class fuel efficiency with equal or better the combined fuel-economy ratings of smaller V6 all-wheel drive mid-sized luxury sedan
  • LS hybrid is expected to carry a Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) rating which means the LS 600h L has nearly 70-percent cleaner emissions than the “cleanest” of its competitors
  • Coinciding with the launch of the hybrid model is a newly developed, Advanced Pre-Collision System (APCS) that is like nothing ever before offered by Lexus. Two small cameras mounted at the front of the car, in conjunction with millimeter-wave radar, are sensitive enough to detect not just large metal obstructions such as cars but also smaller nonmetallic objects, such as humans. A third camera, mounted on the steering column, monitors the orientation of the driver’s face. If the camera sees that the driver is not looking directly ahead for a few seconds or more, and if an obstacle is detected ahead, then it alerts the driver first with a warning chime and a flashing light. As the car gets closer to the obstacle, the system can begin to gently apply the brakes on its own. To assist the driver in maneuvering around the obstacle, the system reprograms the steering ratio, amplifying the intensity and quickness of the steering response.While all of this is happening, the system automatically cinches up the passenger restraints and prepares the brake system to respond with full force when activated by the driver in anticipation of a possible impact.
  • An air suspension system equipped with Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS) will be standard on the LS 600h L and an option on the LS 460 L
  • Technology amenities on the long-wheelbase models will include voice-activated hard disk drive (HDD) Navigation with Bluetooth® technology and XM real-time traffic system, a first in the prestige luxury segment, a rear-seat DVD entertainment system with 9-inch drop-down screen, and the specially developed 19-speaker 450-watt Mark Levinson® Reference Surround Sound audio system, which creates a new standard for automotive sound systems. In addition, the LS 600h L will be the world’s first vehicle to be equipped with LED headlights for nighttime and low-beam use.
  • The LS 600h L will go on-sale in April 2007, six months after the LS 460 and LS 460 L launch in October 2006

Last edited by FJC; April 15th, 2006 at 03:56 PM..
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2006, 03:24 PM   #27
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
ls460 is soooooooooooooooo nice
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #28
say hello to angels..

blinggggggggggg
BlaCCord Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2006, 10:58 PM   #29
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Thanks for the info and pictures FJC . The LS600hL is filled to the brim with features and advanced technology. What I’m wondering about is the price. Lexus said there hybrid version of the LS460 will go into the $100,000 range, but how far “into the $100,000 range” is it?

Old April 16th, 2006, 12:23 PM   #30
Got navi?

Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
This car will have one credential none of the other players will have... reliability.
Fuggedaboutid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in