What's the scoop on the LS460? (pics posted, have you seen; it looks hot!) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM   #1
Got navi?

Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
What's the scoop on the LS460? (pics posted, have you seen; it looks hot!)

Saw pics and thought it was hot. I guess not everyone likes Lexus? I mean is seems to have more luxuries, relatively better styling and interior compared to a 7 series or S-Class.

Front:

Rear:

Side:

interior (rear)

Last edited by Fuggedaboutid; February 4th, 2006 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: adding pics
Fuggedaboutid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 4th, 2006, 03:48 PM   #2
Got navi?

Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
Forgot to mention; has almost 400hp and an 8 speed automatic!
Old February 4th, 2006, 04:01 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
As good as the car is I'm going to have to start this off

R
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 4th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #4
Got navi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord_V6_400m
As good as the car is I'm going to have to start this off

R

L ???
Old February 4th, 2006, 04:19 PM   #5
DOO

e
DOO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2006, 05:05 PM   #6
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
i'd definately take a 760 over this thing...
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2006, 05:40 PM   #7
Got navi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer03
i'd definately take a 760 over this thing...

Oh... but doesn't BMWs fall apart reliability or electronics-wise or is that just a misnomer/misinformation? I based the Lexus being better than the Benz S-class and the 7 series in terms of reliability/least fussiness and least dealership visits. Never owned any of these brands, just v6 Toyotas.
Old February 4th, 2006, 06:24 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Lexus is great and reliable but they just don't put their balls to the wall when building V8's so thats why BMW has my choice. BMW's have small electronic stuff sometimes, like CD players navi... things like that, at least thats what I remember.
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #9
constantly in pursuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuggedaboutid
Oh... but doesn't BMWs fall apart reliability or electronics-wise or is that just a misnomer/misinformation? I based the Lexus being better than the Benz S-class and the 7 series in terms of reliability/least fussiness and least dealership visits. Never owned any of these brands, just v6 Toyotas.

you're right, lexus and toyota are definately the most boring car manufacturers in their respective classes. they are very reliable, but frankly i'd rather have something a little more fun.

and germans are by no means BAD cars, they just have more problems than their japanese counterparts in some areas.

so yes, its an issue, but its not like your bmw or benz is automatically going to have electrical gremlins.

just like some accords have trannies that crap out, but MOST dont.
Old February 4th, 2006, 10:22 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to jordanair45
You guys haven't even driven the car and you're already bashing it? SMH. German cars are not built with soul or passion. The only German car brand I would buy is Porsche because they are made with passion and thought. BMW's and MB's are junk for the money. The new LS has got to be one of the greatest cars for the money, but afterall it is a Lexus. I'm sure MB's and BMW's have more HP and TQ, but they can't get past 15K without breaking down. And the batteries on German cars always seem to die...wtf. My Dad was telling me that the next time his Camry breaks down, he is going to buy a new car. I think his Camry has over 200K miles. He said that he was going to go MB or BMW, but I recommended the new Lexus IS over a 3 series or C class because the total overall value is much better. Unless he decides to actually spend good money on a car, then lower price range BMW's and MB's are not the way to go because only the top model MB and BMW's are worth the money. He should really go Ferrari, but he believes that cars overall are a total rip off (I agree a little bit.) Oh well. It's a luxury car, but luxury cars still need lots of power.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jordanair45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2006, 10:56 PM   #11
constantly in pursuit

wait, you're passing judgement on us for talking about cars we havent driven? have you driven all of these cars too? or are you making the same kind of comments the rest of us are?

greatest cars for the money? are you kidding me? no, buying a car like that isnt about getting the most car for the money (which you arent doing anyway) its about status or about passion. if you wanted the most car for the money, you'd get something else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old February 4th, 2006, 11:06 PM   #12
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
Hammer, he thinks too much HP is lame too.

I personally would take a Benz, then a BMW, then a Caddy over this.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to jordanair45
Wow, that guy with the turboed stang looked very excited when he traveled 10 ft before loosing control...what an awesome ride. He totally rocks. He ain't gonna win the race because he'll crash into something before he gains control...but anyways.

Yes, I have driven those cars. They are all smooth. Lexus' by far are not built with passion at all, and neither or MB's...BMW...a little. I would rather drive around in something that would give me a great value for my money knowing my own status, then driving around a status symbol and then having my smart investment break down on me. The new LS does the same numbers as an S class or 7 Series, and you could probably get a fully loaded LS460L for that of standard S or 7 car. I think it was Forbes that named the previous LS the best car for your money. Thats why like 85% of the people who actually live in the OC are broke as fuuck because they spend so much money to try and live the life style when they can't afford it. Think smart.

jordanair45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2006, 11:34 PM   #14
thread killer

Send a message via AIM to vtecricebox
i would still take a bmw
vtecricebox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2006, 11:43 PM   #15
BULLPOO

^...lol... yeah, we are all broke as f*ck. lmao...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanair45
Thats why like 85% of the people who actually live in the OC are broke as fuuck because they spend so much money to try and live the life style when they can't afford it.
you wanna back that up with some charts, graphs, maybe some figures smarty pants? while you're at it, look and see what real estate investments are like in OC. you may find where people are getting their money.

nice personal attack btw. feeling a little defensive?

the back seat of the LS, looks to be on par with Rolls and Maybach (useless w/o a chauffeur). my personal taste for a $90k sedan would be something along the lines of an E55 or a STS-V. good passenger room, great road behavior, and unbeatable drivability.
Old February 5th, 2006, 12:06 AM   #16
BULLPOO

also, unless you are buying a classic or a limited production exotic, NO car is a good investment. you'll always lose money. i figure once you get past a $60k price tag, finding the best bang for the buck is BS. it's ALL about status past that. and 60k is being generous.
Old February 5th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #17
Got navi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder
also, unless you are buying a classic or a limited production exotic, NO car is a good investment. you'll always lose money. i figure once you get past a $60k price tag, finding the best bang for the buck is BS. it's ALL about status past that. and 60k is being generous.
I completely or at least largely agree. After having my current ride, a 2006 V6 Accord navi, there is not much more advantage of a bmw or benz or gs lexus that this Accord does not have. Don't get me wrong, those are some might fine cars, but like you said after a certain $$ point i.e. $50k, it is purely status. I do wonder, if $50k+ cars are much more safer than already safe $30k cars?
Old February 5th, 2006, 08:06 AM   #18
BULLPOO

^ i wouldn't think so. there are some $20k cars that have 5 star crash ratings.
Old February 6th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #19
330 HP Primal Scream

the back look like a bmw 7 series
hkspower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2006, 11:35 PM   #20
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Having owned a 2001 S430, that thing spent more time in the shop than I did driving it. The LAST of the great reliable Mercedes was the 1999 S-class. After that, everything has been pure trash in terms of quality. You goto a MB dealer in the morning and you will find at least 200 cars there to be serviced. You goto a Lexus dealer in the morning and you'll find around 15-20 cars there to be serviced.

Most of my friends who have purchased an MB usually keep it for a year or two and then trade it in to get another car. Why? At some point, its just not worth it to keep driving a car w/ so many problems. TO the folks who shell out 80k for an S-class, time is literally money. Most bill at least $500/hour for their legal services. That's why MB has been steadily losing market share in the high-end luxury market. It's mostly an expensive status symbol nowadays. Why do you think there are so many MB's in the used market inventories?

BMW does slightly better. Most of my friends w/ Bimmers usually kept theirs for quite awhile. They do also tend to have more problems than Lexus, but it doesn't even come close to the number of problems that MB's have. Unfortunately BMW is determined to pursue their stupid I-drive crap so we'll have to see how their sales do this year.

All the Japanese Luxo brands are rapidly catching up to the "BMW" benchmark in terms of drivability. Seriously, that's main advantage all the German luxo brands have over their Japanese counterparts. Lexus new IS comes close, but most reviews have stated that it still doesn't beat the benchmark 3-series. I love the Japanese Luxo brands new voice-activated systems. That's simply the best way to go these days. Who wants to deal w/ messing w/ a stupid "mouse" and scrolling through menus to find out how to turn on the A/C or even to change radio stations. Acura's new commercial showing off their voice system says it all. sorry...bad pun

After my personal experience w/ MB, and along w/ my friends experiences w/ their MB's, I will never purchase another MB again. EVER.

BMW? I love the 3-series. I hate the 5-series due to their lame I-trash. Ditto w/ the 7-series. I don't care how much you improve that thing, it doesn't beat either a voice-system, or direct buttons. So, no dice for me. The Ultimate Driving Machine is still ONLY the 3-series.

Audi - too much reliability issues. All four friends that own Audi's have stated they will never purchase another one again. 1 A-4 owner, 1 S-4 owner, 2 A-6 owners. Quite a broad range.

Lexus - I have my eyes set on the new LS.

Acura - RL, as much as I love that car, its simply not worth the money. WHY? rear seat leg room is too same. Most folks who shell out that kind of money on a luxury brand, ACTUALLY use their rear seats. With it being barely the size of the TL's, why would any fool pay an extra 30k? Just for AWD? Sorry, might as well go for a Lexus GS or Audi if they are hard bent on AWD.

Infiniti - M series. Yum. Nuff said. G35, needs to be refreshed, but once they do....watch out BMW.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 12th, 2006, 01:51 AM   #21
constantly in pursuit

i disagree about the i-drive. i think its pretty sweet. and i've tried to use a couple different voice activated things, unfortunately i havent gotten to try out the new acura version, but they've pretty much all been poor to barely acceptable. i think (no offense) but as more people in my generation get into their 20's and 30's and can afford to snatch up the new 5's and 7's, they're going to want something more interactive, and really, us video game kids wont have as much trouble using something like the i-drive as people who are older and might not have as much time spent goofing around with a joystick. i mean, ipods and other mp3 players use pretty much the same kind of input system. its not really that far-fetched.
Old February 13th, 2006, 12:42 AM   #22
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Send a message via AIM to HwaNi.J30A-C
You know what about the I-drive myth, every person who doesn't own it complain how it sucks so bad. Most bmw owners with i-drive loves it. At least for 3ers that is. I don't have I-drive, I did get a new 525i as a loaner when my 330i was in for service. It was fully loaded including I-drive. During the 2 days I was driving the 5 series with I-drive, It felt so uncomfortable using it. But I had a slight sense of feeling that once I get used to it, it'll be one fine technology piece to use around.

BMW's reliability is not too far away from honda/acura. Lexus is still the top dog in reliability department.
Mercedes on the other the hand, seems below Mitsubishi. Thanks to stevtec for the chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanair45
1. because only the top model MB and BMW's are worth the money.
2.They are all smooth.
3.Lexus' by far are not built with passion at all, and neither or MB's...BMW...a little.
Sorry, You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
Go get some more experience with those cars and come back.
Talking out of your ass is not a good idea.
HwaNi.J30A-C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 13th, 2006, 12:50 AM   #23
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Send a message via AIM to HwaNi.J30A-C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Having owned a 2001 S430, that thing spent more time in the shop than I did driving it. The LAST of the great reliable Mercedes was the 1999 S-class. After that, everything has been pure trash in terms of quality. You goto a MB dealer in the morning and you will find at least 200 cars there to be serviced. You goto a Lexus dealer in the morning and you'll find around 15-20 cars there to be serviced.

Most of my friends who have purchased an MB usually keep it for a year or two and then trade it in to get another car. Why? At some point, its just not worth it to keep driving a car w/ so many problems. TO the folks who shell out 80k for an S-class, time is literally money. Most bill at least $500/hour for their legal services. That's why MB has been steadily losing market share in the high-end luxury market. It's mostly an expensive status symbol nowadays. Why do you think there are so many MB's in the used market inventories?

BMW does slightly better. Most of my friends w/ Bimmers usually kept theirs for quite awhile. They do also tend to have more problems than Lexus, but it doesn't even come close to the number of problems that MB's have. Unfortunately BMW is determined to pursue their stupid I-drive crap so we'll have to see how their sales do this year.

All the Japanese Luxo brands are rapidly catching up to the "BMW" benchmark in terms of drivability. Seriously, that's main advantage all the German luxo brands have over their Japanese counterparts. Lexus new IS comes close, but most reviews have stated that it still doesn't beat the benchmark 3-series. I love the Japanese Luxo brands new voice-activated systems. That's simply the best way to go these days. Who wants to deal w/ messing w/ a stupid "mouse" and scrolling through menus to find out how to turn on the A/C or even to change radio stations. Acura's new commercial showing off their voice system says it all. sorry...bad pun

After my personal experience w/ MB, and along w/ my friends experiences w/ their MB's, I will never purchase another MB again. EVER.

BMW? I love the 3-series. I hate the 5-series due to their lame I-trash. Ditto w/ the 7-series. I don't care how much you improve that thing, it doesn't beat either a voice-system, or direct buttons. So, no dice for me. The Ultimate Driving Machine is still ONLY the 3-series.

Audi - too much reliability issues. All four friends that own Audi's have stated they will never purchase another one again. 1 A-4 owner, 1 S-4 owner, 2 A-6 owners. Quite a broad range.

Lexus - I have my eyes set on the new LS.

Acura - RL, as much as I love that car, its simply not worth the money. WHY? rear seat leg room is too same. Most folks who shell out that kind of money on a luxury brand, ACTUALLY use their rear seats. With it being barely the size of the TL's, why would any fool pay an extra 30k? Just for AWD? Sorry, might as well go for a Lexus GS or Audi if they are hard bent on AWD.

Infiniti - M series. Yum. Nuff said. G35, needs to be refreshed, but once they do....watch out BMW.

Dizzy
I soooooooo agree with this post except for the I-drive.
For 3 series in its class, its still the benchmark. Japanese luxury brands are catching up so fast though. I think current new 3 series and other japanese luxury brands are looking at a closest gap ever seen. Even though, sales of the "Compact/Mid luxury sport sedan" class is still dominated by 3 series, thanks to alot of the "bmw or nothing!!" snobs.

If you want luxury and then sport, go for mercedes. If you want sport and then luxury, go for BMW.
If you want a reliable luxury cruiser, go for japanese luxury brands.

I remember what the famous new IS350 owner said after test driving a bmw.
"when I was in the 330i, I was driving the car. With my IS350, it was driving me."
Go try it, see which one you like.
HwaNi.J30A-C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 13th, 2006, 01:12 AM   #24
constantly in pursuit

cheap, reliable, and fast

choose two, thats what you can get in a car.
Old February 13th, 2006, 08:58 PM   #25
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Ironically, after writing my piece....take a look at this and drool your hearts out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-7...spagenameZWDVW

Used LS430

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...spagenameZWDVW

S430 4matic - if you're not afraid to buy a car that was a "courtesy buy-back" LOL. Any of you motorheads want to explain to the neophytes here what that means? LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW

BTW. This seller is great. He's where I get all my used luxury cars from
So, if you're in the area....be sure to check his inventory out. Personally, stay away from the MB stuff. The BMW and Lexus stuff are usually pretty good.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 13th, 2006, 09:55 PM   #26
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
^^he takes AWESOME pics
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:17 PM   #27
constantly in pursuit

courtesy buyback either means it had a lot of recalls and the person was fed up and wanted their money back, OR they went completely bankrupt and sold the car back to the dealer, and they were nice enough to take it back.
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #28
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
My thoughts on the LS460: http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...772#post882772

Maybe it's about time Acura brings out a full sized luxury sedan .

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in