2007 Lexus ES350 - New Pics 2/8/06 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2006, 10:28 AM   #1
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Azura Send a message via Yahoo to Azura
Exclamation Official 2007 Lexus ES350 Pics

These are pics that I found on the net of the new 2007 Lexus ES. These pics look pretty official and I'm sure they are. Hope you like.

***My apologies if these have been posted before***

Azura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2006, 10:48 AM   #2
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
front looks like RL.. but it looks like an IS on steriods.. but then again. its also from a lexus so they are suppose to have some similiar features.. looks good

KIET

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2006, 10:53 AM   #3
Formerly VTEC-v6!

that center console is...i dont know...mixed feelings
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 31st, 2006, 10:54 AM   #4

not bad
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2006, 10:54 AM   #5
keepin' it OG

yeah, that oval is kind odd looking
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:01 AM   #6
(つ◕‿◕)つ*•.★.•*•.★.•* •.★.•

nice..., looks kinda like a beefier IS350.
Red02AccordV6_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:33 AM   #7
ex scientia vera

I'm a big Lexus fan. They always get the styling right IMO. Good looking automobile as always.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:35 PM   #8
YES IM VIETNAMESE!

Send a message via AIM to vt4lifecuf
ehh i think it look ugly the front look like RL and i dont feel the center control and the side of the car look like regular ES to me
vt4lifecuf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:27 PM   #9
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
I don't like the small a$$ windows and the big a$$ doors. It makes me feel like I'm sitting in a bathtub.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2006, 09:02 PM   #10
keepin' it OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
I don't like the small a$$ windows and the big a$$ doors. It makes me feel like I'm sitting in a bathtub.

Dizzy
then your not gonna like the mbz cls then too lol.. cuz thats a hotass car.
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:22 PM   #11
7th Gen ACcord

i like it, but the IS350 is hotter.
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 1st, 2006, 10:53 AM   #12
530whp soon

I like it. This car is much better than current version.
For average Joe 275HP to the front wheels is a little too much but adequate with good driver's skills . Good job Lexus!

source: clublexus

Quote:
Like other redesigned Lexus models, the new ES 350 sports what the chief engineer calls as “confident” new look, thanks in part to a wider stance and wheels repositioned closer to the vehicle’s corners. The ES 350 has a larger wheelbase and a wider track, both of which help enhance the vehicle’s handling and increases the interior space.

Designers also equipped the ES 350 with an array of new Lexus features, such as the keyless SmartAccess system with push-button ignition, the backup camera, Bluetooth® technology that gives drivers hands-free cell phone access (with compatible cell phones), and options such as swivel headlamps that turn with the road and a DVD Navigation System with the latest graphics and points of interest.

Under the hood, a larger 3.5-liter V6 engine, complete with Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence (VVT-i) for maximum engine efficiency, produces 275 horsepower—a 50-horsepower increase from the ES 330’s engine. The vehicle also includes a six-speed automatic transmission with sequential shifting, which improves overall vehicle performance and fuel efficiency.

Enhanced safety features include driver and front passenger knee airbags, a direct-type tire pressure monitor, and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Traction Control. Plus, options [...] leather seats equipped with the Lexus Memory System, a glass roof, a power rear sunshade, and heated and ventilated front seats. (Most of these items will be included in a new ultra luxury package). Look for the 2007 ES 350 to arrive in dealerships this spring.

'06 GTO 4-speed AUTO (Monaro conversion)
New setup: Forged 408ci (6.7L) All-motor coming - 53Xwhp/50Xwtq
Old time [email protected] . Best trap - 123.4mph

'11 BMW X5 twin-turbo
'02 J32A2 AV6 - [email protected] (sold)
02AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 1st, 2006, 07:08 PM   #13
RKV

its ok, looks similar to the parents 05 es330
RKV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 1st, 2006, 09:38 PM   #14
M62B44tu powaH!

high belt line=bubble and looks out of proportion to the rest of the cars styling, which is sleek and nice.
Max on This is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 4th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #15
Got navi?

Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
I wish it had awd and looked less like the ES it replaces.
Fuggedaboutid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2006, 10:32 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to driven
that totally reminds me of the RL, not really feeling it, would rather get the RL
driven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2006, 10:57 AM   #17
Brawn GP > RBR Renault

Was looking decent until I saw the center console.
drkangel348 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 7th, 2006, 07:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red02AccordV6_2
nice..., looks kinda like a beefier IS350.
Seems like all of the Lexus are going off of the GS style..IS is based off of it but smaller...Then that has almost the same shape if you look at it from the side
00Accord4cyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 7th, 2006, 07:39 PM   #19
keepin' it OG

i wanna see those projectors.. they look purty nice.
Old February 8th, 2006, 09:53 AM   #20
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Azura Send a message via Yahoo to Azura
Post 2007 Lexus ES350 - New Pics 2/8/06

02/08/2006 Chicago

The all-new 2007 Lexus ES 350 made its public debut today at the Chicago Auto Show. The all-new, fully redesigned ES marks the fourth Lexus sedan to benefit from the L-finesse design language. Going on sale in late April, the fifth-generation ES improves upon every level of comfort, safety, performance and craftsmanship in the elegant five-passenger sedan.
"We believe the newly revamped ES 350 is better in virtually every way than our original LS flagship sedan," said Lexus Group Vice President and General Manager Bob Carter. "It's faster, quieter and more powerful than the first LS that redefined the prestige luxury segment in the early 1990s."

2007 ES Marks Complete Redesign of All Lexus Sedans
From a styling standpoint, the ES marks the latest Lexus sedan to receive a complete redesign emphasizing a more sculptural direction, one that now reveals a family resemblance across the entire passenger car lineup. With an over two-inch longer wheelbase and more than an inch wider track, the ES has a more confident stance. A long hood, pulled-back cabin and short rear deck are characteristic of the new L-finesse design theme, recalling classic sports car proportions with a contemporary look unique to all new-generation Lexus sedans.

The creation of a spatial feeling in the passenger compartment is central to the new Lexus design direction. Without increasing the overall exterior length, engineers were able to increase rear legroom while maintaining the already roomy driver and front-passenger compartment.

The interior of the new ES introduces a new level of craftsmanship as well. Premium wood, polished metal and leather accents provide a level of luxury never before seen in the entry luxury segment. Everything inside the ES is designed and styled to create a comfortable and harmonious interaction, with touchpoints that convey quality and refinement. The roomy, luxurious cabin is complemented by intelligently designed displays and controls to make driving both simple and pleasurable.
Bright, clear Optitron gauges combined with smartly integrated metallic and authentic brown walnut wood trim help create a luxurious, elegant ambience.

Powerful Technology for New V6
The ES 350's 3.5-liter V6 engine delivers 272 horsepower and 254 lb.-ft. of torque, resulting in an estimated zero-to-60 mph time of 6.8 seconds, substantially quicker than the model it replaces. The highly sophisticated engine uses electronically controlled sequential fuel injection, which optimizes the fuel mixture and creates a precise burn, higher output and lower emissions to aid drivability. The result is a substantial improvement in engine efficiency with increased power and improved fuel economy.

The engine also benefits from reduced internal friction via chain-driven camshafts and roller-rocker arms that serve to increase efficiency. Aluminum heads and cylinder blocks feature special cast-in "spiny" cylinder liners to improve liner stability and cooling by increasing surface contact area with the cylinder head.

The new ES comes standard with dual exhaust, which reduces exhaust backpressure at high rpm. Extensive use of stainless steel in the exhaust system minimizes weight and improves durability. The integration of these technologies contributes to segment-leading efficiency with the ES 350 obtaining a manufacturer-estimated combined fuel consumption of 25 mpg (21 mpg city/30 mpg highway) and an expected Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV II) certification.

Six-Speed Transmission
The front-wheel drive ES 350 features a six-speed automatic Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i) and sequential shift. The low-friction, high-efficiency gear train is lighter and more compact than the previous generation 5-speed transmission with 20 percent fewer parts and 24 percent fewer hydraulic controls. Gear ratios are carefully matched to both engine horsepower and torque characteristics to provide very smooth yet responsive shifts for improved drivability.

New Intelligent Luxury
In addition to a new look and feel, the new ES also improves upon the increasingly complex nature of automotive technology. The ES offers numerous standard features such as SmartAccess keyless entry and a new push-to-start ignition system that allows drivers to enter and start the vehicle without removing the access fob from their pocket or purse.

Lexus' craftsmanship and renowned attention to detail provide true luxury by design. Dual-zone automatic climate control and 10-way power front seats, with available memory, highlight the front cabin. The supportive standard cloth seats are also available in leather and extra-soft upgraded perforated leather for additional comfort.

The three-spoke steering wheel features easy-to-use controls for the audio system, trip computer and multi-information display in the speedometer. It also adds a voice control switch for the available Bluetooth® navigation and features. An auto-dimming rearview mirror with an integrated digital compass is standard, as are heated exterior mirrors.

Additional standard luxury features include a sliding center console, a power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, a one-touch power moonroof and an illuminated entry system that lights the exterior with puddle lamps and the interior cabin footwells.

Luxury extends to the smallest details in the new ES, from illuminated front cup holders to an interior LED soft-lighting system that provides just the right amount of light where driver and passengers need it most. And the ES lends extra peace of mind with the integrated Homelink® transmitter that can control a variety of compatible home security devices and systems.

Advanced Safety Features
New standard safety features include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC), an electronic traction-control system that uses both throttle and brake intervention to help control wheel spin.

In addition, the new ES provides eight standard airbags; 10 with the optional rear-seat side airbags. For 2007, the ES gains new knee airbags for the driver and front passenger as well as a twin-chamber front passenger airbag. Side-curtain airbags coupled with front seat–mounted airbags and the optional rear-seat side airbags are designed to help offer additional crash energy management for the front and rear seat occupants.

The Supplemental Restraint System in the new ES also includes variable-force front airbags for both driver and front passenger. Sensors determine the severity of the accident and, in turn, the force with which to deploy the front airbags, helping to provide an appropriate level.

Last edited by Azura; February 8th, 2006 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: Added pics
Azura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2006, 10:09 AM   #21

Lexus Really hit it on the nail this time.
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #22
Got navi?

Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
Call me a hippcrite, but this car is hotter looking than the prototype. I did naysay this thing earlier, but it looks way more $$$$$$$ than it its, almost and I say almost what the RL was meant to be but isn't.

Only thing is, why is this thing not as fast as the avalon and why does it have less power C'MON LEXUS!!!!!!

Oh and no manual version to get it to compete with the TL. I don't know, I believe that Entry luxury models are the most important. And I know the IS exists, but it is a RWD car, a FWD performance car would be nice as the ES is too similar to the Camry each time around, it's as if there is no dynamic differences, just softer suspension.

Last edited by Fuggedaboutid; February 8th, 2006 at 01:21 PM..
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuggedaboutid
Call me a hippcrite, but this car is hotter looking than the prototype. I did naysay this thing earlier, but it looks way more $$$$$$$ than it its, almost and I say almost what the RL was meant to be but isn't.

Only thing is, why is this thing not as fast as the avalon and why does it have less power C'MON LEXUS!!!!!!

Oh and no manual version to get it to compete with the TL. I don't know, I believe that Entry luxury models are the most important. And I know the IS exists, but it is a RWD car, a FWD performance car would be nice as the ES is too similar to the Camry each time around, it's as if there is no dynamic differences, just softer suspension.
In my opinion, no one would buy it. You look to lexus for full comfort and luxury, not sportiness. I don't think there is a need for a marshmallow suspension with a manual shifter. There's just no point If you want it, you go w/ their RWD platforms like the IS, or even the GS.
timtkwu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #24

The front reminds me of an RL
Old February 8th, 2006, 10:01 PM   #25
I am soooo bored!

Send a message via MSN to 19-BlackV6-98
hmmmmm body kinda look like a audi....thats my opinion....looks HOT!!! tho
19-BlackV6-98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2006, 08:41 AM   #26
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Looks ok but I'd buy something else.

Let's stay on topic folks.
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 12th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #27
Got navi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtkwu
In my opinion, no one would buy it. You look to lexus for full comfort and luxury, not sportiness. I don't think there is a need for a marshmallow suspension with a manual shifter. There's just no point If you want it, you go w/ their RWD platforms like the IS, or even the GS.

Haha... true.. but my brother's car, an 05 v6 solara has sport shift and VSA, etc. It's rather torquey, just needs a tad tighter suspension, although marshmallow isn't totally correct as it is controlled. I haven't driven a G35 though, nor a 3 series, only a C-Class, TSX, TL and of course my Accord.
Old February 13th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #28
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
For the first time ever, the ES has outdone the TL in all areas. Not only is it filled with great features (though many are optional), it has great looks and a powerful V6 engine to boot. It looks much better than the 2007 Camry that its based on, especially the exterior. The only oddity in the interior is the oval center dash, but it’s not that bad. If I were to buy one, it would have to come with the navigation system and perforated heated/cooled seats (a necessity IMO).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 13th, 2006, 09:49 PM   #29
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Even price?
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:02 PM   #30
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom
Even price?
Seeing as how the current ES330 is base priced at $32,995 MSRP, I doubt it. But considering what you’re going to get in a base ES350, it might slightly outdo the TL in this area as well.

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in