I Test Drove A 2007 Camry XLE I4 Yesterday...Pics Included - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2006, 07:39 AM   #1
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Azura Send a message via Yahoo to Azura
I Test Drove A 2007 Camry XLE I4 Yesterday...Pics Included

Ok so I had to take my 2002 Camry LE to the dealership (Fitzgerald Auto Mall/Lakeforest Toyota in Gaithersburg, Maryland) to get regular service maintanence. I found out once I got there that they had moved their service center to another facility up the road. As I was preparing to leave what should I see??? Two brand new 2007 Camry's came flying down the lane and pulled damn near right beside me. Everyone inside the FitzMall showroom began clapping when the Camry's pulled up. One Camry was Titanium Silver and the other was a Cashmiere Beige color. I immediately left my car and walked over to the new Camry's. I was in shock and awe.

The sales people at Fitzgerald are so nice and they didnt mind when I hoped in the silver Camry to see and feel all its glory. The interior was beautiful (albeit the wood was ugly in color as most seem to agree). The car is really roomy and basically its a Lexus now. I really wouldn't be able to tell the difference if I didn't know better.
I asked could I take it on a test drive and they were more than happy to accomodate my wishes. If you live in the Maryland/Washington,DC area I would highly recommend Fitzgerald Auto Mall. They are a thousand times better than the typical Toyota dealerships.

Here are some observations about the car:

--The halogen projector headlights seems a bit more yellowish than I would tolerate so if you buy this car you might wanna swap em out for some SilverStars or whatever is compatiable.

--The auto-headlight feature is nice but sensative. As I drove under several overpasses the lights sensed the darkness almost immediate and turned on the full nighttime lights but I didnt mind. The dash and speedometer lights stay illuminate constantly and its a beautiful purplish-white color and the lights get even brighter when you turn on the low-beams.

--The taillights are beautiful. In addition to the red-colored glass on the brake lights there is a 2nd clear plastic covering on top of that that you can't really see on any of the online photos. This covering is what makes the headlights look "bubbly" and it looks really nice.

--The speedometer panel and info display is NICE! I can't describe what it looks like so you'll have to see it for yourself.

--This is really cool...when I turned the car on the center display came on and scrolling text came across the screen that said "WELCOME TO CAMRY".

--Both rear seats have a manual reclining feature.

--As everyone pretty much expected, when we pulled back the trunk mat we found a crappy ass temp spare/donut...everyone was in an uproar about that.

--Neither cars had the navigation system but the standard system is wonderful enough and it did indeed has a botton marked "Satellite".

--The interior is nicely laid out and very comfortable. The car really is the same size as the Gen 5 in outward dimension. The car looks very classy on the outside and commands respect and says "luxury".

--The light-colored wood trim is kinda nasty in the grey interior silver Camry but inside the beige Camry it flowed together sort of well.

--I was dead set on getting a V6 but after test driving that Camry XLE I4 on the highway, when I hit that gas we were gone!

--The ride was smooth (of course), very quiet, and the handling seemed tighter than my Gen 5

--The car I test drove was going from a little more than $24,000

**I apologize for the pics because they really don't show what everyone hasn't already seen but I thought I'd post em anyway. There were no LE's so I couldn't get pics of that interior. Hope you find this little bit of info informative**

Last edited by Azura; March 7th, 2006 at 09:18 AM..
Azura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2006, 07:50 AM   #2
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
thats pretty nice looking
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2006, 07:52 AM   #3
ex scientia vera

Sounds fun. I especially like the control panel. It looks to be layed out pretty nicely. The interior is the winner on this car by far. The exterior still has that "boat" look to it though.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 7th, 2006, 08:55 AM   #4

not too bad. btw the auto light sensitivity is adjustable. The dealer can adjust it. Just like on my Lex.
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2006, 11:19 PM   #5
7th Gen ACcord

i saw the 07 camry in person today and i must say, the front end looks better in person.
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2006, 11:33 PM   #6
Pedal damn it

Send a message via AIM to whoagorgeous
I saw a few in person today at a Toyota dealership. It looks pretty nice. I really don't like that brownish color but car looks great.

Definately better looking the their previous camry.
whoagorgeous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2006, 11:35 PM   #7
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azura
--I was dead set on getting a V6 but after test driving that Camry XLE I4 on the highway, when I hit that gas we were gone!
Everyone bashes the 2AZ-FE, I have the same motor in my Solara, but it moves...the powerband is spot on and also can get me up to 38mpg on the highway
Gone but not forgotten:
  • 2013 Honda Accord 4dr EX-L
  • 2002 Honda Accord 4dr EX-V6
  • 1999 Honda Accord 4dr LX
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2006, 11:41 PM   #8
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azura
--As everyone pretty much expected, when we pulled back the trunk mat we found a crappy ass temp spare/donut...everyone was in an uproar about that.
Unfortunately, a couple days ago, I was forced to make use of the donut in my trunk, and to my shock, it was a 17" donut rim
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2006, 11:50 PM   #9
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

hahhahaahahhaah... After the first few pics I was like, wait a sec, I know this place. FitzMall Toyota in Gaithersburg! Right in my old stomping grounds. Oh god, I'm dying for some Fu Shing. Is the crazy Nazi lady still there?

Anyhow, the new Camry looks sweet! They had one at the auto show I was at last weekend but they had it locked for some reason so I couldn't sit in it. Yeah that's the "Lexus Camry" XLE model with all the good stuff. Not sure if I'd be happy with the 4-cylinder power (bout the same engine + 150 lbs more than last gen), but I'll take one for a spin. Can't wait to try one out. The V6 too.

Yeah Fitzgerald people are really nice to work with since it's no-haggle, they're not motivated to try and screw with you, but rather to help you pick a car. They actually knew WTH they were talking about when my wife and I were there too. Do they still have the Scooby dealership on the other side of that thing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2006, 11:52 PM   #10
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Nice review!

The 2007 Camry has some nice features for a car in this class. I'm not feeling the exterior but I guess I'll see if that changes when I sit in one at the local auto show next week.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2006, 09:15 AM   #11
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Azura Send a message via Yahoo to Azura
Wink Gotta Love FitzMall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC
hahhahaahahhaah... After the first few pics I was like, wait a sec, I know this place. FitzMall Toyota in Gaithersburg! Right in my old stomping grounds. Oh god, I'm dying for some Fu Shing. Is the crazy Nazi lady still there?

Anyhow, the new Camry looks sweet! They had one at the auto show I was at last weekend but they had it locked for some reason so I couldn't sit in it. Yeah that's the "Lexus Camry" XLE model with all the good stuff. Not sure if I'd be happy with the 4-cylinder power (bout the same engine + 150 lbs more than last gen), but I'll take one for a spin. Can't wait to try one out. The V6 too.

Yeah Fitzgerald people are really nice to work with since it's no-haggle, they're not motivated to try and screw with you, but rather to help you pick a car. They actually knew WTH they were talking about when my wife and I were there too. Do they still have the Scooby dealership on the other side of that thing?
Yea they still have that crappy 'Scooby' dealership on the other side. I have no idea about the crazy Nazi lady however It took everything in me to get out the car and drive away from that dealership in my old Gen 5. I wanted that car bad. It really does look nicer in person (IMO). I'm not saying the car isn't still bland in some aspects but looking at the car sitting in the parking lot from a distance, it looks really classy and upscale and looks like it has a lower profile.
Azura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2006, 02:05 PM   #12
330 HP Primal Scream

if you think the xle was nice you should see a loaded SE!! ever sweeter!
hkspower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2006, 02:40 PM   #13
JB4 e92

Very nice! It looks amost the same as a Lexus GS on the outside. Love the interior trim.

clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in