2007 Camry V6s having tranny problems - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2006, 07:41 AM   #1
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

2007 Camry V6s having tranny problems

ohnoes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #2

http://toyotanation.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=166

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoop
Here is another re-cap (transmission problem w/ Check Engine or VSC light coming on):

Problems:

- 3 XLE w/ VSC (Asesantiago, ilovecatbus, daddyskins)

- 1 XLE w/o VSC (faldoc)

- 1 LE + 2 unknown (at Corolla_Dude's dealership)

- All were V6s

- All were U.S. made

- All were built before April, 2006 (presumedly)

- All had under ~2,000 miles

Running Good:

- Max99 has a Japanese built LE V6 ~600 miles still running good.

That's all I can remember for now. Please correct me if I am wrong and please add additional observations. I can update/edit this post as we move on. Thanks.
Old April 25th, 2006, 08:01 AM   #3
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
sounds like a faulty part. nothing more. not that widespread.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 25th, 2006, 08:46 AM   #4
President & GC of V6P.Net

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
A sales guy who had the same problem was told his tranny shift solenoid went bad. They have to order a new tranny from japan for him so it will take 3 weeks. Looks like a bad batch of trannys were produced w/ so many V6 cars already having issues.

Dizzy
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2006, 08:48 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to ryon527
wow....this is why you don't buy a new model car right when it comes out
ryon527 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #6

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto...73.A10341.html

Quote:
Toyota Recalling Camry

The newest edition of the Toyota Camry is being recalled for a problem with the transmission. The problem, Toyota says, involved only a half-percent of Camrys built thus far for the 2007 model year. The new six-speed automatic transmission could lose second and sixth gear during operation. Toyota told Reuters the vehicle still will operate even if the gears are lost, and that the problem usually happens within the first 500 miles of use.
That was fast.
Old April 26th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #7
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
i wonder how much this will effect their reliability rating like the av6 did to honda's?
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #8
Pedal damn it

Send a message via AIM to whoagorgeous
subscribed

whoagorgeous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer03
i wonder how much this will effect their reliability rating like the av6 did to honda's?
Assuming the problem is isolated to this 0.5%, the problem is contained, and does not recur, it will have nearly zero effect. You might see a slight glitch in Consumer Reports reliability surveys for the 07's. MY2000 Accord V6s also had a problem somewhat like this. Tranny clunking, esp in reverse big time, and usually early failure like before 2000 miles. It was a one time issue that was fixed and done with.
Old April 26th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #10
indoctidiscant

i believe they have issued a recall on this?
Old April 26th, 2006, 12:09 PM   #11
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Send a message via AIM to HwaNi.J30A-C
lmao.

at least toyota found this out early enough and recalled it. unlike pathetic honda.
HwaNi.J30A-C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #12
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Wow
Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2006, 01:43 PM   #13

well not to diss or put more wood on the fire. About 2 months ago my friend'd fathers 2005 toyota Camry i4 LE with 10000 miles on it said goodbye to the first tranny. I hope that this is just a glitch for toyota.
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2006, 01:04 AM   #14
Got navi?

Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HwaNi.J30A-C
lmao.

at least toyota found this out early enough and recalled it. unlike pathetic honda.
Yes, I agree with you. That is the only reason I sold the damn thing, the J30A1 with 4speed crapomatic... went to #3 tranny, got rid of at 99500mi.

This thing sounds like a bad batch, not anything more, nothing to do with 1st year BS.
Fuggedaboutid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2006, 08:27 AM   #15
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kleptodathief
how's the tranny on ur new av6 fugged???
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2006, 05:26 PM   #16
Got navi?

Send a message via ICQ to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via AIM to Fuggedaboutid Send a message via Yahoo to Fuggedaboutid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleptodathief
how's the tranny on ur new av6 fugged???
I dunno, have to ask my dad , he traded the Solara for the Accord with me b/c he can better benefit from Navi and the Accord's smoother DBW vs. Toyota's. So far the tranny is hella smooth, definitely not putting any stereo system/electrical drain on it.

Btw, if you need a rebuilt tranny from a good shop, I know one in the Etobicoke area who put one in our 1999 3.5L v6 Odyssey abt 2mths ago. Price is good and unlimited km + 1yr warranty.
Old April 30th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #17
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
This just shows you that no company is perfect. But Toyota has been very quick to recall and fix the problem. This little issue wouldn't stop me from considering a new Camry if I was shopping for a new car in the near future. But I still wouldn't by the first model of it (2007 model).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwaNi.J30A-C
lmao.

Honda's transmission problems isn't an isolated malfunctioning piece, it has to do with much of its major design.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2006, 08:08 PM   #18
330 HP Primal Scream

"All were U.S. made" their your problem!lol Im glad I got one that was made in japan! 3K mile now and my SE been problem free and running strong
hkspower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #19
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkspower
"All were U.S. made" their your problem!lol Im glad I got one that was made in japan! 3K mile now and my SE been problem free and running strong
This issue has nothing to do with where the car was assembled. It looks like the American Toyota assembly plant is the only one that got the shipment(s) of defective transmission shift solenoids.

Old May 1st, 2006, 10:00 AM   #20
in love with gold

Send a message via AIM to frozen
they also didn't mention anything about the SE v6 models. only XLE and LE.. which clearly already states it's just a defect batch.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2006, 10:22 AM   #21
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryon527
wow....this is why you don't buy a new model car right when it comes out
I live by this statement religiously.

Good to see it's at least identified now. I saw the thread title and chuckled a bit.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2006, 11:10 AM   #22
indoctidiscant

the avalon also has significant quality issues.

Quality glitches
Since the Avalon's 2005 redesign, Toyota has issued service bulletins to dealers on these topics

Bad U-joint welds

Faulty catalytic converters

Leak in oil-supply line for variable valve timing

Vehicle drifting

LOS ANGELES -- Alan Seider has owned 11 Toyotas since 1982, but his 2006 Avalon likely will be his last.

He says quality glitches have bedeviled his Toyota sedan, which he has driven less than 6,000 miles since he bought it last July. His dealer could not solve the car's problems. Toyota headquarters stonewalled his appeals, he says.

"There have been significant throttle control and transmission hesitation issues," says Seider, 45, a computer consultant from Roswell, Ga. "I've isolated 15 different rattles in the body work."

Seider is far from alone. Internet chat rooms such as Edmunds.com Town Hall are littered with complaints from Toyota loyalists about the redesigned Avalon, which went on sale in February 2005.

The Avalon's launch problems point to a larger issue. To meet demand, Toyota has added factories in North America and thousands of new employees. Executives are worried that Toyota's rapid growth may dilute its quality standards.

Toyota and Lexus divisions still exceed industry averages in various studies that measure quality. Toyota predicts that the Avalon will score well in J.D. Power and Associates' Initial Quality Study, to be released in June.

But the quality gap is closing. And Toyota recalls have spiked in the last two years.

Every production line produces its share of lemons. But Toyota already has issued a string of technical service bulletins to dealers to fix Avalons on the road. Changes are being made on the assembly line. Toyota representatives acknowledge there are some teething problems, but decline to call the Avalon a problem car.

The Avalon is the Toyota brand's most-expensive car, starting at $27,355 including destination charges. The redesigned 2005 model was embraced by consumers; Toyota sold 95,318 Avalons last year in the United States, up from 36,460 in 2004. Avalon sales peaked in 2000 at 104,078 units. It is assembled at Toyota's Georgetown, Ky., plant, alongside the Camry and Camry Solara.

First-year blues

It's a car-buying axiom that one should never buy a car in its first year of production, before the bugs are worked out. But in recent years Toyota and Honda largely disproved that old saw, delivering nearly bulletproof vehicles from Job 1.

Now the Avalon redesign is showing that even mighty Toyota can slip up.

Kevin Clingenpeel, a 37-year-old insurance litigator from Fort Mill, S.C., loved his Avalon for the first 2,000 miles. Then the transmission shifts became erratic, especially in cold weather. The engine developed a persistent knock, which could not be cured by changing grades of gasoline or by using a fuel-injector cleaner.

"I pulled up next to a Ford F-350, and I could hear my valve train clicking louder than his diesel," said Clingenpeel, whose Avalon is his family's third Toyota.

Clingenpeel says his dealer gave the car "a wink and a nod" when he brought it in three times for repairs. Clingenpeel then appealed to Toyota headquarters to send out a district service manager. Toyota refused. Now Clingenpeel is looking to sell the car.

"It's sad because there's a nice car hiding behind all this," Clingenpeel said. "But this is not up to snuff from what I would consider from Toyota."
Old May 1st, 2006, 01:13 PM   #23

drove my friend 2005 avalon with over 40000 miles on it for a couple of days and the car felt good to me. Isolated issues?
Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:00 AM   #24

07 camry V6 needs a 6 speed manual
NoGiantWings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 2006, 01:12 AM   #25
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGiantWings
07 camry V6 needs a 6 speed manual
I don't think Toyota will be doing that anytime soon. The IS350 doesn't even have a M/T option and it's much sportier than the Camry. The Camry and Solara had V6 + M/T options in the past, but were dropped due to poor sales.

Old May 4th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #26

the excuse they gave for not doing a manual tranny on the is350 is that the manual get higher emissions. WTF??
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #27
Got navi?

I hope they offer a manual tranny again b/c what good is a supercharger, etc without a strong tranny?
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #28

well the is350 tranny seems to be strong but ur right nothing like a manual to get the most out of your setup.
Old May 4th, 2006, 07:26 PM   #29
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder
the excuse they gave for not doing a manual tranny on the is350 is that the manual get higher emissions. WTF??
You'd think with all of the technology loaded into the engine that emissions would be the last thing to be worried about . The IS350 is very fast as it is and Toyota/Lexus 6 cylinder A/T's are known to be rock solid, but I guess it's not enough for some owners .

Old May 6th, 2006, 12:26 AM   #30
Got navi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe
You'd think with all of the technology loaded into the engine that emissions would be the last thing to be worried about . The IS350 is very fast as it is and Toyota/Lexus 6 cylinder A/T's are known to be rock solid, but I guess it's not enough for some owners .
When you say rock solid, do you mean much much much better than the ones on V6 Hondas ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in