2007 Toyota Camry Review... what a car! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:03 AM   #1
V6 -> I4 -> I6

Send a message via AIM to HwaNi.J30A-C
2007 Toyota Camry Review... what a car!

Story: So for past few weeks, we've been eyeing on the new camry. I had doubts about the design until I saw a white one. Man, I fell it love with it. My girlfriend did too. Whenever we saw one passing by, me and my girlfriend would do whatever to follow the camry in my bmw. We were pretty much obessed.

Then we found out that her mom was looking for a car yesterday. Today, out of nowhere, she brings home a brand new 2007 white camry, 4cyl model.

Exterior: What a design! I just love it. every angle. Honestly, from a close-up view, its not that great. Its one of those cars that doesn't look too good if its right next to you, but when you see it on the road, its just beautiful. It has that lexus image look. In my opinion, i can't believe toyota stepped-up the camry so much in terms of "class" in looks. Luxurious rear-end, smooth & sporty sidelines, and big "mild" front-end, somehow all flows along.

Interior: As expected from toyota's interior quality, it is great. Fit and finish = nice and tight. About the front main dash console, plastic pieces bug me a little. It looks a bit cheap during the day, but when illuminated at night, its REALLY nice. Though it might be too fancy for older people, to me, it was a wonderful touch. Gear knob is in perfect position to easily change with. Seats were comfortable as those sofas in your living room. Not much for sportyness, but considering the target market for this vehicle, they did a great job. Speedo dash's white LEDs reminded me of 7th gen accords. Very bright, easy to read. Overall, interior was simple and useful.

Engine & Transmission:
I really didn't get to floor the vehicle as it was brand new with only few miles on odo. I did give it a little more gas than usual regular driving style, trying to feel the bottom end power. I took it up to around 4~5k rpm. Myself being used to the bmw's N52 Inline 6, I thought the 4cyl camry would feel powerless, but I was wrong. It was plenty powerful for average drivers. Transmission was smooth, typical automatic "lag-feel" was there. (isn't toyota's new auto tranny something special?? I saw their website..)

Driving feel/Handling: To sum it up, the camry felt like "Wide-screen" when you sit in the driver's seat, while my bmw felt like "regular square screen". The car is HUGE, and feels big when driving. It absorbs alot of road debris, and VERY comfortable as expected from camry. Steering feel was just right. at least for me it was. Not best suited for sport driving, but it blends little bit of sport and comfort in my opinion. Its not super-light steering, or heavy steering feel like the bmw. Its somewhere in the middle, though it tends to be on the lighter side. Which isn't bad for this type of car. It is pretty responsive, not so highly though. Obvious body roll was there when corners were taken fast.

Overall: I would definitely recommand this car to anybody who is looking for a comfortable, stylish sedan. I think the new camry is no longer just for old people craving for comfort, yet reliable than their cadillac. I can only imagine how sexy this car will look when modified. Toyota did a fantastic job with this car. I no longer look at camrys and say "there goes the granny-only-camry". At least for the new ones I won't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Previous: 02 Honda Accord V6 / Few mods. RIP.

Last edited by HwaNi.J30A-C; June 13th, 2006 at 12:07 AM..
HwaNi.J30A-C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 13th, 2006, 12:15 AM   #2

I really love the new Camry, but I must say, those inline intelliTXT ads are horrible!
sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:19 AM   #3

gotta admit, the new camry definetely impressed me when i saw it on commercial , then on the road..

and yes, the white one seems to bethe most atrrative one, maybe cuz they share a smiliar color (pearl white, i think) with lexus..cuz after all they are in one big family.hhaha

very sporty and yes, its no longer just a car for the older folks...i definetely consider this car if my budget is under $25k (i4 model of course)
ponickka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 14th, 2006, 10:37 PM   #4
Formerly VTEC-v6!

SEE...nobody believed me about their 4 cyl 2AZ-FE. It's got a great powerband for a 4 cylinder motor, add in the proper gearing and a torque converter that doesn't slip all the way to 3k (honda ahem) and it does plenty fine moving you around town. Not like I can ever rev it over 3,000 in traffic here anyway
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 11th, 2006, 04:33 PM   #5

sweet ride

i recently purchased the 2007 camry se v6! I love it and i drove chevy v8's for the last 12 years. The speed,the handling and overall design of the car great!
I would recommend one to anyone buying a new car!

Last edited by jb07secamry; September 12th, 2006 at 02:18 PM..
jb07secamry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2006, 12:49 AM   #6

I like the new camry too, especially the styling. It looks more sportier now, considering the previous generation of camry's were kinda of conservative on looks.
Phantasy_Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2006, 08:45 PM   #7

I'm not surprised, the Camry needed a facelift!
tsieightsix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 15th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #8

Here's my husbands 07, 1st pic has TRD springs the other 2 are stock springs with 18's... I think its a beauty!!

DaOne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 15th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #9
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Gone but not forgotten:
  • 2013 Honda Accord 4dr EX-L
  • 2002 Honda Accord 4dr EX-V6
  • 1999 Honda Accord 4dr LX
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #10
Boosted!

Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
thats one sick camry
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #11
2008 Solara Rag Top Lover

I'm new to the thread and to the forum. Just recently bought a 2008 Solara convertible. Absolutely love it. In our area, drought conditions just mandated water restrictions, so I'm no longer able to hand wash it. The owners manual says they shouldn't go through car washes. Anyone with an older model have any experience putting a "rag top" Solara through a brushless car wash? Are there any problems? I'd really appreciate any insight. Couldn't find any thing in FAQs or in other threads.... Thanks.
KingdomCAPT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #12
Formerly VTEC-v6!

A brushless shouldn't be an issue at all, but you should just take the time to care for your new car properly and do it by hand
Old October 6th, 2007, 03:04 PM   #13

Gotta love the 3.5L Camry motor.
94CoupeV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #14
Formerly VTEC-v6!

AND it lets you go full throttle for ALL of first gear unlike the 8th gen accord
Old October 6th, 2007, 03:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC-v6! View Post
AND it lets you go full throttle for ALL of first gear unlike the 8th gen accord
Let's see if it hurts sales
wht/accord99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #16
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
The car did win Motor Trend's car of the year, after all. I'm becoming a big fan of Toyota's current styling (I'm still in love with the 03-present Corolla S/XRS). They have a cute psuedo-bubbly look to them, but also a sexy curvy look (as opposed to the current BMW/Cadillac sharp crease style), just how I like my women: Cute with a little sexy.

Now if only they shot a little more fun and feeling into the cars and made them more entertaining to drive? That's going from my experience with a 2007 Camry V6 XLE, my girlfriend's 2006 Avalon Limited (OH MY GOD that car SUCKS to drive!), my ex's 2005 Corolla XRS (the funnest of the bunch), and my friends' 2003 Corolla S and 1999 Camry Coupe. Of course, for the passengers and those with arthritis and back problems, Toyotas are golden.

Last edited by Kuya Master; October 6th, 2007 at 04:49 PM..
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2007, 05:06 PM   #17
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wht/accord99v6 View Post
Let's see if it hurts sales
When Edmunds tests the 8G AV6 as being nearly a second slower in the 1/4 and over half a second slower to 60 than the camry...it might. Mag numbers suck, but that's all we have for now
Old October 6th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #18

Quote:
When Edmunds tests the 8G AV6 as being nearly a second slower in the 1/4 and over half a second slower to 60 than the camry...it might. Mag numbers suck, but that's all we have for now
If people make a big enough stink about it Honda will probably revise the software.
Old October 6th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #19

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya Master View Post
The car did win Motor Trend's car of the year, after all. I'm becoming a big fan of Toyota's current styling (I'm still in love with the 03-present Corolla S/XRS). They have a cute psuedo-bubbly look to them, but also a sexy curvy look (as opposed to the current BMW/Cadillac sharp crease style), just how I like my women: Cute with a little sexy.

Now if only they shot a little more fun and feeling into the cars and made them more entertaining to drive? That's going from my experience with a 2007 Camry V6 XLE, my girlfriend's 2006 Avalon Limited (OH MY GOD that car SUCKS to drive!), my ex's 2005 Corolla XRS (the funnest of the bunch), and my friends' 2003 Corolla S and 1999 Camry Coupe. Of course, for the passengers and those with arthritis and back problems, Toyotas are golden.
The Avalon might not be your cup of tea but is definetely mine which is why I bought it. The Avalon is not a car I see alot of under 30's driving but in comfort and space it can't be beaten.

Last edited by wht/accord99v6; October 19th, 2007 at 07:14 PM..
Old October 7th, 2007, 06:05 PM   #20
2008 Solara Rag Top Lover

Thanks for the answer, but please re-read my original post

Quote:
A brushless shouldn't be an issue at all, but you should just take the time to care for your new car properly and do it by hand

I appreciate your answer that it's ok to run a Convertible Solara through a brushless car wash. I would appreciate it though, if you wouldn't mind re-reading my original post. When you do, you'll see it's impossible to hand wash right now. Water restrictions now make it impossible due to severe drought conditions which I cited in my original posting. If you run a hose where I live in Virginia right now, it's a $500.00 fine. That's why I asked the question. Need to get the car washed, but I don't want to damage the top when it's pressurized in a brushless car wash when the blowers are activated.

Last edited by KingdomCAPT; October 7th, 2007 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: Clarify text
KingdomCAPT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #21
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Gotcha, didn't see that part. There's nothing to stop you from getting big 'ol buckets and filling them up inside though

Kind of redneck, but that's what we did here when we had 100% restrictions
Old October 7th, 2007, 06:28 PM   #22
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
just got the 08 LE Camry a few weeks ago. Its a pretty fun car. nice and roomy.

Last week, we got the 08 LE sienna and a 08 Tundra V8. the cluster in the Sienna is super hella nice. the Tundra is hella big and has a nice front end.

but yeah Toyota is doing pretty good.

Last edited by Kiet; October 7th, 2007 at 06:31 PM..
Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #23
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

WTF, you guys just got three brand new 08 Toyotas? Wow the dealership must love you guys.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #24
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Back in 2000 my parents bought three new Hondas. The third one, they sold to them at their "true cost". They supposedly even took off their "hold-back" too. Not sure if I believe it, since you don't really know exactly how much it is. The dealership loved us and treated us great... until it changed owners.

Kiet must be rolling in the dough. We didn't get ours within a "few weeks".
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2007, 09:09 PM   #25
03 AV6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomCAPT View Post
I'm new to the thread and to the forum. Just recently bought a 2008 Solara convertible. Absolutely love it. In our area, drought conditions just mandated water restrictions, so I'm no longer able to hand wash it. The owners manual says they shouldn't go through car washes. Anyone with an older model have any experience putting a "rag top" Solara through a brushless car wash? Are there any problems? I'd really appreciate any insight. Couldn't find any thing in FAQs or in other threads.... Thanks.
The only gripe I would have about the 08 Solara is that Toyota did not drop the 3.5L into it. The 3.3L being a very nice torquey engine but not up to par as far as the 3.5L. Especially since your paying a premium for the Convertible. Imagine how much better the car would be with the 3.5L but not to take away from your purchase of a very nice ride!

HAND WASH YOUR SOLARA ONLY!!!! The conv top will take a beating if you don't. You shouldn't get it wet unless it rains on it. Just vacuum it! Wiping it with a towel will get cotton fibers all over it. If you do need to rinse it because its dirty then do so and then wipe it with a microfiber only and then let it air dry!!
hondav6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2007, 10:54 PM   #26
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC View Post
WTF, you guys just got three brand new 08 Toyotas? Wow the dealership must love you guys.
yeah, well actually like 4 or so. from what i heard, my brothers friends wife also join the bandwagon and bought a highlander or something, i wasnt quite listening.

didnt really get any special package except for the power electric driver side door which is nice. I'll take some quick pics when i can.

but yeah, the LE camry has some nice low end torque and a pretty decent sound system (non-jbl)... sienna has a nice smooth v6 engine, drives pretty smooth, but not as fast as my accord . havent driven the tacoma. way to bigg, bigger than my brothers f150. but it looks nice as well as the 5.7L v8.

Last edited by Kiet; October 7th, 2007 at 10:58 PM..
Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2007, 10:58 PM   #27
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Tundras ftw
Old October 7th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #28
Formerly VTEC-v6!

As much as I would love my Solara with the 2GR, it's not feasible for Toyota. Sure they COULD do it, but the costs aren't worth it when that model is on it's way out the door...
Old October 7th, 2007, 11:18 PM   #29
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Yeah the 2GR is sweet!
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 7th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #30
Formerly VTEC-v6!

^fu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in