I got an IS250 here are pics - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2006, 12:38 AM   #1
02 Type H - Accord VTEC

Send a message via AIM to VTEC4Ever
I got an IS250 here are pics

VTEC4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2006, 12:39 AM   #2
KitKat KittyKat Member #1

nice.... i'd love to get one, but the 350
DarkSideAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2006, 12:40 AM   #3
02 Type H - Accord VTEC

Old December 26th, 2006, 12:40 AM   #4
02 Type H - Accord VTEC

Old December 26th, 2006, 12:41 AM   #5
02 Type H - Accord VTEC

Old December 26th, 2006, 12:42 AM   #6
02 Type H - Accord VTEC

Old December 26th, 2006, 12:48 AM   #7
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6

Send a message via ICQ to BlackV62K2 Send a message via AIM to BlackV62K2 Send a message via MSN to BlackV62K2
Time to lose the 4x4 and drop that thing .
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2006, 01:07 AM   #8
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
maybe its in the wrong section. maybe not.
Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2006, 03:19 AM   #9
Poop.

me = jealous

Bet you had a pretty merry christmas (i'm assuming you got this for christmas?).
asdf916 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2006, 09:34 AM   #10
Suppa Clean 6th Gen

are the 350's awd too? i would want a rear driver.... any why the auto?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Silver6gen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:24 AM   #11
Formerly VTEC-v6!

moved
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:47 AM   #12

Nice, not feeling that grill though, real ugly hahaha, awd is nice though! turbo that baby! hahahaha and drop it also
Twobit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:57 AM   #13

Most of ISís that I have seen are 250 AWD; and Iím wondering why people are getting 250 AWD versus 350 model when price both of them almost identical (~$1500 difference), and MPG's almost same as well?
HONDA_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #14
02 Type H - Accord VTEC

Not much discount on the 350 and there is no 250 RWD available. Auto is always better for me cause of traffic. there is a mannual mode when i need it. 350 wastes more gas than 250AWD. plus it always rain in SEattle so better traction for me since i turn and curve like crazy. I'm trying not to waste more money on fixing this car. it is nice as is. yep i got it for myself on chrismas.
Old December 26th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to wg2k7
i dont know if the 250s do it but i used to love watching my friends is turn on because the guages look sweet and do some cool thing. anyways, congrats on the car. and my friends 350 was just rear wheel drive which was cool cuz he could do burnouts like crazy stock
wg2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #16
02 Type H - Accord VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg2k7
i dont know if the 250s do it but i used to love watching my friends is turn on because the guages look sweet and do some cool thing. anyways, congrats on the car. and my friends 350 was just rear wheel drive which was cool cuz he could do burnouts like crazy stock
yes the gauge does lights up like animation. not all that good just the needles turned on and move from 0 to 160 and same with the tach. and then everything else goes on. that's it.
Old December 27th, 2006, 12:57 AM   #17
I Love The South Bay

the IS is such a great car, nice choice

SouthBayTodd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 27th, 2006, 01:40 AM   #18
7th Gen ACcord

nice. i drove the 250 awd at taste of lexus and i loved it.
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 27th, 2006, 07:24 AM   #19
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
congrats on the new ride! nice choice.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2006, 05:55 AM   #20
ex scientia vera

Nice looking car. I love the styling of them.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2006, 09:56 AM   #21
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kleptodathief
dam lots of pics of that lexus! oh, get the greddy turbo kit for that scion!!! nice lexus is 250 tho...is it faster then a modded 6th gen??? i think it b close
kleptodathief is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #22
02 Type H - Accord VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleptodathief
dam lots of pics of that lexus! oh, get the greddy turbo kit for that scion!!! nice lexus is 250 tho...is it faster then a modded 6th gen??? i think it b close
yes, it's a little faster than a modded 6th gen 4cyl but not the V6 6th gen though. The IS350 would beat them both in a heart beat but i got the IS250.

Thanks guys... that's why i got the IS instead of a beamer. it looks good exterior and interior. plus there are a lot more options than a beamer and cheaper too.
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to starrsearch_ Send a message via MSN to starrsearch_
Cool! I have one in smokey black same package as your car, but I have aluminium in the dash instead of woodgrain. Bought it from Lexus of Bellevue after alot of argueing with a sales manager to drop the price on it lol...! Do you want to sell your retrofit from your Honda now ?
starrsearch_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #24
02 Type H - Accord VTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrsearch_
Cool! I have one in smokey black same package as your car, but I have aluminium in the dash instead of woodgrain. Bought it from Lexus of Bellevue after alot of argueing with a sales manager to drop the price on it lol...! Do you want to sell your retrofit from your Honda now ?
You live in Seattle? I went to lexus of Bellevue but they couldn't give me a good deal on the RWD car that i wanted. so, i went to lynnwood and got me this AWD. MSRP was 34,285 + 2,852 = 37,852 but they dropped it down to 33,500 + tax and lis. = 36,852. as i look through the web i think i could have gotten more discount from them.

I got another retro laying around in my basement. it's an E46 bixenon. planning on selling it or i could switch the two and sell the other one. If you want to buy it let me know. since we both live in Seattle you can meet up.
Old December 28th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #25

I live in Belleve, nice to know other local member! I always wanted a retro, I even thought about making one. What retro is your current one, because I would be glad to get a bixenon, because I want to wire my highbeams into DRLs. I wanted a RWD manual, but they were long gone, so they only had a AWD 250 it was MSRP at 34.500 but they dropped to 32.900+tax...so that wasn't bad. How much would you let your bixenon retro go for, and do you have the extra wiring harness, ballasts and bulbs?

Answers to all the IS questions: IS350 is auto and AWD not RWD, and they are impossible to get...for a good discount, might as well get a GS350... Manual RWD IS250s are special order, only AWDs are avalialble, and they have a good discount. Is350 must have a horrible gas miliage, since my 250 avgs. at 19 mpg on prem. gas not to mention that I am not going past 3k rpm...

Last edited by starrsearch_; December 28th, 2006 at 01:22 PM..
Old December 28th, 2006, 01:36 PM   #26
02 Type H - Accord VTEC

Quote:
I live in Belleve, nice to know other local member! I always wanted a retro, I even thought about making one. What retro is your current one, because I would be glad to get a bixenon, because I want to wire my highbeams into DRLs. I wanted a RWD manual, but they were long gone, so they only had a AWD 250 it was MSRP at 34.500 but they dropped to 32.900+tax...so that wasn't bad. How much would you let your bixenon retro go for, and do you have the extra wiring harness, ballasts and bulbs?

Answers to all the IS questions: IS350 is auto and AWD not RWD, and they are impossible to get...for a good discount, might as well get a GS350... Manual RWD IS250s are special order, only AWDs are avalialble, and they have a good discount. Is350 must have a horrible gas miliage, since my 250 avgs. at 19 mpg on prem. gas not to mention that I am not going past 3k rpm...
That's a good discount that you got there. do you have hid AFS memory seats, etc?

I only have the headlights and the E46 bi-xenon projectors in them. no other wiring or anything like that. if you want i could help you make a harness. the ballast and bulbs you have to ebay. I'm currently running TSX clear lense on my 6th gen. the e46 look much bluer than my unmodified TSX. but both of them still look bluer than my IS250 D4S..Anyway, i don't know the pricing yet but E46 i could do $200 the TSX about $250 - 300.

My IS avg about 23 mpg on the last tank, and that is with 75% city and i use the sport mode and rev up to 4000 RPM. i always forget about the breaking in period. this tank is probally 20 mpg.
Old December 28th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #27

No I don't have the lux. package, mine is a base model , but I don't want that extra crap anyway. I will put the HIDs in my stock projectors anyway with some D4s bulbs, tint the windows around 15%, laminx the tails, HKS cat-back maybe... My accord has more plans to it to be modded though. Do your bixenons have a motor on them to have a fully functional low/high? $200 sounds like a nice deal for set of E46, and I can always ebay the ballast/bulbs...What ballasts do you find the best for your retro, and is the bulb a D2S?
Old December 28th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #28
02 Type H - Accord VTEC

Quote:
No I don't have the lux. package, mine is a base model , but I don't want that extra crap anyway. I will put the HIDs in my stock projectors anyway with some D4s bulbs, tint the windows around 15%, laminx the tails, HKS cat-back maybe... My accord has more plans to it to be modded though. Do your bixenons have a motor on them to have a fully functional low/high? $200 sounds like a nice deal for set of E46, and I can always ebay the ballast/bulbs...What ballasts do you find the best for your retro, and is the bulb a D2S?
you could have spend $1000 more and get the luxury package with hid include and all the heated heat and stuff.
I'm planning on tinting my taillight red too. the yellow is annoying and ugly. also my clear bra is comming too. i ordered some LED parking light to get rid of the ugly stock yellow when i turn on my hid.

the e46 is d2s. the motors are still intact. i don't use high beam so i didn't want all the headache wiring. it looked pretty complicated from v6p's diagram. I like the lexus/toyota ballasts. i got them on my accord and the alarm had been going off like crazy but it's still working correctly. no damage to bulbs or ballasts.
Old December 28th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #29

I have heated seats/and driver memory, but no HIDs or bluetooth thats it. The lux. package at Bellevue dealer was a 4k more almost 38k it had HIDs, GS 18" Spider wheels, X-package lip kit w/e it called, and than they had base model+nav it was 37k, and colors were that I didn't like. I think silver, smoke, and black are the best colors on IS250, I would've gotten silver but they did not have one. Hey do you think next monday the 1st, or following Sunday I can come pick the E46 retro off your hands? Sundays and Mondays are the only days I get off, plus school starts again on the 2nd for Winter quarter.
Old December 28th, 2006, 02:43 PM   #30
02 Type H - Accord VTEC

sure... i currently have a shield in the projectors that blocks off the bi-xenon functions, but if you want i can open the light up and take it out for you or you can do it yourself if you want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in