New Addition to the Family (56k go away) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2007, 08:42 PM   #1
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Cool New Addition to the Family (56k go away)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2007, 08:46 PM   #2

Old May 11th, 2007, 08:52 PM   #3
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
i was thinking u had another kid.
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 11th, 2007, 08:59 PM   #4

It's a Pacific Blue 2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport V6 AWD, and it's NOT MINE!!

It's my sis-in-law's. Not quite done with school yet but needed a car for her last year so here it is. I went to the dealership with her to help her buy it and did all the dirty work for her, although we went to a GREAT dealership which is professional all the way so she really could have done it herself (but just woulda gotten sold on aftermarket fabric protection low jack and extended warranty junk, lol )

AWESOME car! And holy smokes does that 2GR-FE motor fricken move this puppy! It'll pull on my asthmatic gen1 VQ Maxima 5spd on the highway no doubt. When I test drove it I did a little run from 55 and the power was just effortless. Wasn't even on it that much and never broke 4000 rpm and I looked down like a second or two later and was going 80+ :P The 4-cyl was "adequate", but my sis in law lacks confidence and fears merging and not having enough passing power, and the 4-cyl would have been a lot slower than what she was used to before, so we just went for the big motor for her.

The 18's on the Sport model are sweet. Ride is a little stiffer than the Base and Limited models but not bad at all. Steers nice and light for her, visibility is great, mirrors are great, blind spots are well under control, it turns tight and is easy to maneuver for parking even with the V6 and 18's. Interior is on the cheapy side and I'm not crazy about the dash design, but the instrumentation is nice, and the flexibility is great also. The 2nd row slides forward and back so even I can fit in the back just fine (6'3") if I needed to. The 2nd row also reclines, and then folds flat for more cargo room.

Did I say it hauls ass?

I like it enough that I could easily buy one for myself, except that we already have one SUV and don't need another. I would seriously have a blast in it embarassing all the idiots in my area who think they have fast cars though. Getting pulled on (or just not being able to pull away from) a RAV4 of all things, LOL!
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:34 PM   #5
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon

Wow, I don't usually like the RAV4 but Toyota did a great job on this one. Mainly because of the option for a V6.
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:48 PM   #6

Loving the Rav4 huh steve. My father got the 2nd gen rav4 and he's thinking of upgrading to this one. Cant get him moving quick enough LOL. Enjoy the car.

Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2007, 11:30 PM   #7

it looks sweet i like the color
AV6EerbZz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2007, 05:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder
Loving the Rav4 huh steve. My father got the 2nd gen rav4 and he's thinking of upgrading to this one. Cant get him moving quick enough LOL. Enjoy the car.
I'm gonna tell my parents to get one. They need something like this and thought the Highlander was too big, and then I told them the RAV4 was too small. Turns out the one I sat in at the car show in 2006 had the 2nd row all the way forward and had the 3rd row seats also, and hence everything being bunched up. With the 2nd row back and reclined it's great. It also has a telescoping steering wheel that I didn't realize before either. Perfect for my parents. Enough room to cart around friends when they go out, and then they can fold the seats flat when they need to haul something. It'll tow 3500 lbs with the towing prep package too, and the fuel mileage is outstanding for a smaller SUV even with the massive engine. Very sweet!
Old May 13th, 2007, 08:16 AM   #9
ex scientia vera

I am really liking the additional pictures. The BMW X3 immediately came to mind when I saw the side profile shot, which is a compliment in my book. The interior cloth, if you can call it cloth these days, looks just like the sort of non-leather that I could have if I had to go without leather. It seems more like a highly durable synthetic with a very slick feel to it. What are your preferences on leather vs. non-leather? Does the cloth in fact feel like a synthetic, or are the pictures just giving that feel?
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #10
Formerly VTEC-v6!

It looks similar to the cloth in the Solara SE Sport's I looked at when I got mine...its neat, but hard to describe
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2007, 07:05 PM   #11
JB4 e92

Nice ride.

clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
I am really liking the additional pictures. The BMW X3 immediately came to mind when I saw the side profile shot, which is a compliment in my book. The interior cloth, if you can call it cloth these days, looks just like the sort of non-leather that I could have if I had to go without leather. It seems more like a highly durable synthetic with a very slick feel to it. What are your preferences on leather vs. non-leather? Does the cloth in fact feel like a synthetic, or are the pictures just giving that feel?
Yeah I definitely see the X3 resemblance in the side profile.

As for seat fabric, I honestly have no idea what the differences even are on cloth seats vs synthetic. All of my cars (in sig) have had leather, but I honestly could go either way. At least on this RAV4 I'd go for the cloth instead of leather. The point of the RAV4 is to keep the price down so that's something that's not needed. I honestly didn't even see a RAV4 with leather, even on Limited models. Dealerships probably wanted to avoid cannibalizing Highlander sales, so at least the local dealerships don't seem to order RAV4's with leather.
Old May 13th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #13

Man, I was always pleased with how our 3.0L/4AT Highlander performed, that is until driving this RAV4 with the 3.5L. Now it seems slow.
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #14
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC
I honestly didn't even see a RAV4 with leather, even on Limited models. Dealerships probably wanted to avoid cannibalizing Highlander sales, so at least the local dealerships don't seem to order RAV4's with leather.
Oh okay. I didn't think about that. Makes sense though. Leather really jacks the price up on automobiles.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in