Just picked up a 2008 Toyota Camry for 19000 out the door - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > TOYOTA and LEXUS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2007, 08:54 AM   #1
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
Just picked up a 2008 Toyota Camry for 19000 out the door

Went to pick up a 2008 toyota camary for 19000 out the door. It's the base model with zero options.

Surprising thing is, this base model came with all essential things already, such as power windows,lock, all airbags(side curtain), CD player etc

I'm surprised that a camry came with all these items standard, and the next model up has little to no differences, and it cost 22K....

If you guys need a nice commuter car, you should definitely check out the camry.
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 22nd, 2007, 01:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
Went to pick up a 2008 toyota camary for 19000 out the door. It's the base model with zero options.

Surprising thing is, this base model came with all essential things already, such as power windows,lock, all airbags(side curtain), CD player etc

I'm surprised that a camry came with all these items standard, and the next model up has little to no differences, and it cost 22K....

If you guys need a nice commuter car, you should definitely check out the camry.
watt...lol, u talking about the i4 right. no way the v6 is gonna be that price. anyway. nice deal u got there .
nguoikhogiai200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2007, 02:27 AM   #3
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
my dad said there are a few things wrong wit the new camry, thats why theyre letting it go so early

i sat in my friends new camry and damn the i4 engine is loud - even for a new car. he asked me if it was supposed to be this loud (he has the '07 7th gen v6 with like 3k on it) kuz the accord wasnt even that loud
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 22nd, 2007, 03:14 AM   #4

what wrong with the new camry? details?
akabangz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2007, 03:18 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Quote:
Originally Posted by akabangz View Post
what wrong with the new camry? details?
Its built in America

V6 autos are going out, last I heard.
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 24th, 2007, 12:36 AM   #6
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidaznmunkey View Post
my dad said there are a few things wrong wit the new camry, thats why theyre letting it go so early

i sat in my friends new camry and damn the i4 engine is loud - even for a new car. he asked me if it was supposed to be this loud (he has the '07 7th gen v6 with like 3k on it) kuz the accord wasnt even that loud
Well, 4-bangers are almost always louder than V6's (stock vs. stock). On top of that, the J30A5 in the 7G AV6 is pretty darn quiet most of the time (only when you floor it does it get kinda loud, but even then it's still quieter than most). So it's a little unfair to compare a 4-cylinder with a V6 in NVH (Noise-Vibration-Harshness).

The only issues that really plague the new Camry are the tranny in the V6 models, and the laggy throttle in the 4-cylinders. The latter is widely known, and many say that the lag makes the car absolutely dangerous when trying to merge with fast moving traffic on the highway. I've heard that it sometimes takes several seconds after pinning the accelerator to get any acceleration whatsoever. Also, the cruise control tends to be overly-aggressive with the automatic tranny, downshifting to an extremely low gear when even the slightest hill is encountered.

The throttle lag issue is a real shame. Toyota seems to have a lot of trouble getting electronic throttle control right, as they've had similar problems ever since they started using ETC (I seem to remember the Lexus ES330 having a lot of ETC/tranny programming issues that went unresolved for a long time).

It's funny how Honda seems to have gotten it right almost immediately. My Accord has the best ETC of any car I've driven equipped with such a system. I remember when I first drove my Mom's 2004 RX330. I hated the crappy throttle response and the life-lessness of the accelerator pedal (it felt more like the pedal on one of those racing peripherals that you use to play Gran Turismo on your PS). After that, I swore that I would die before I ever drove a car that took away the mechanical linkage between my foot and the throttle plate. Then, just two years later, I ended up buying a car with the very device I loathed. But the funny thing is, when I drove my Accord for the first time, the ETC didn't even come to mind. The car's responses seemed so natural that I forgot the car even had ETC. Kudos to Honda for getting something right for once
TH23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 31st, 2007, 06:42 PM   #7

thats a good price on an 08
trdsol23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in