Why no turbo kit in V6P marketplace? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > V6P.NET SALES & PROMOTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2008, 09:20 AM   #1
Boost Junkie
 
Pimpin Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Angleton TX
Posts: 86
Send a message via Yahoo to Pimpin Ken
Cool Why no turbo kit in V6P marketplace?

Does anyone know why they dont put the Accord v6 turbo kit in the V6P marketplace?
Pimpin Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 8th, 2008, 09:23 AM   #2
JB4 e92
 
clean2draccord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: GEORGIA
Posts: 5,224
Because we don't want any more blown transmission threads circulating around the forum.
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2008, 09:27 AM   #3
Boost Junkie
 
Pimpin Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Angleton TX
Posts: 86
Send a message via Yahoo to Pimpin Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean2draccord View Post
Because we don't want any more blown transmission threads circulating around the forum.
Verrrrry True. People know you have to upgrade to play the boost game in all forms.
Pimpin Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old April 9th, 2008, 11:11 AM   #4
4.0L
 
VietNinjaJ30A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TEXAS
Posts: 9,440
which turbo kit are we talking about? xs-power?
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #5
Bobby Lane Racing
 
nighthawk04v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,679
because V6P does not support cheap turbo kits that need to be modified.

I think when one purchases a "turbo kit" it should have all the neccessities that do not require and modifications!!!!

So the reason why is because V6P does not sell Turbo and Pipes that pretend to be a "kit"
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #6
Registered User
 
chiefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,602
Send a message via AIM to chiefy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
because V6P does not support cheap turbo kits that need to be modified.

I think when one purchases a "turbo kit" it should have all the neccessities that do not require and modifications!!!!

So the reason why is because V6P does not sell Turbo and Pipes that pretend to be a "kit"
so harsh nighthawk
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM   #7
Bobby Lane Racing
 
nighthawk04v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefy View Post
so harsh nighthawk
just keepin it real bud..
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #8
Registered User
 
chiefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,602
Send a message via AIM to chiefy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
just keepin it real bud..
yeah i know.. plz dont flame me when u see my new thread.. no hard feelings at all.. but there are people with sucess stories
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #9
Bobby Lane Racing
 
nighthawk04v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,679
i don't flame the individual i flame the product distributor that advertises it as a kit, when its missing so many parameters to even be called a kit.. if you know what I mean... good luck bud!
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #10
Boost Junkie
 
Pimpin Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Angleton TX
Posts: 86
Send a message via Yahoo to Pimpin Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
i don't flame the individual i flame the product distributor that advertises it as a kit, when its missing so many parameters to even be called a kit.. if you know what I mean... good luck bud!
Its missing fuel management and intercooler pipes. If you add in the price of those items it still comes out cheaper then the ct supercharger. Now of course that kit has no customer service like comptech but it is still a good deal. Technically a kit is a bunch of parts put together for purchase in a bundle.
Pimpin Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #11
Registered User
 
chiefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,602
Send a message via AIM to chiefy
lets see the kit is missing:
piggy back management 200-300
not correct pipes ???
fuel pump 100
timer 50-75
boost controller 40-60
guages 100-120
injectors $$$ ???
hmmm anything else
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #12
Boost Junkie
 
Pimpin Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Angleton TX
Posts: 86
Send a message via Yahoo to Pimpin Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefy View Post
lets see the kit is missing:
piggy back management 200-300
not correct pipes ???
fuel pump 100
timer 50-75
boost controller 40-60
guages 100-120
injectors $$$ ???
hmmm anything else
timer, boost controller and really a intercooler are turbo system upgrades not essentials.
Pimpin Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #13
Registered User
 
chiefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,602
Send a message via AIM to chiefy
but will make it run effectively.
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #14
Albanian PIMP
 
habib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 1,973
Send a message via AIM to habib
this is probably the wrong place to post but what #s has anyone put down with this kit. I am speculating that the Comptech S/C kit is putting down more power w/ the HB pulley.
habib is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:58 AM   #15
Boost Junkie
 
Pimpin Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Angleton TX
Posts: 86
Send a message via Yahoo to Pimpin Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by habib View Post
this is probably the wrong place to post but what #s has anyone put down with this kit. I am speculating that the Comptech S/C kit is putting down more power w/ the HB pulley.
I dont know for sure but I do know that the supercharger is limited to 9psi and I have ran my turbo at 13psi before. They are diffrent types of power also. I belive that stock w/turbo vs stock w/supercharger the turbo would win a 1/4 mile race as well as a street race from a roll, but from a stop the supercharger might jump off the line but the pull of the turbo will overpower the supercharger. But my opinion might be biased because Im a pimpin a$$ boost junkie.
Pimpin Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #16
Formerly VTEC-v6!
 
N54TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 5,251
^Those are all basically just generalizations that vary from turbo selection to tuning style.
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:15 AM   #17
Bobby Lane Racing
 
nighthawk04v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpin Ken View Post
I dont know for sure but I do know that the supercharger is limited to 9psi and I have ran my turbo at 13psi before. They are diffrent types of power also. I belive that stock w/turbo vs stock w/supercharger the turbo would win a 1/4 mile race as well as a street race from a roll, but from a stop the supercharger might jump off the line but the pull of the turbo will overpower the supercharger. But my opinion might be biased because Im a pimpin a$$ boost junkie.
how much power are you making and at how many pounds of boost.. i'd like to see some charts..

You guy should start a thread called XS power kit dyno charts. and we'll start a comptech S/C dyno chart.

I might be biase as well but I'm going to say that the XS kit does not have as much potential as many of you guys think, and this is coming from experience of many f/i's i've seen. I think that Tony's (habib) setup has the most potential out of all of us.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #18
Boost Junkie
 
Pimpin Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Angleton TX
Posts: 86
Send a message via Yahoo to Pimpin Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
how much power are you making and at how many pounds of boost.. i'd like to see some charts..

You guy should start a thread called XS power kit dyno charts. and we'll start a comptech S/C dyno chart.

I might be biase as well but I'm going to say that the XS kit does not have as much potential as many of you guys think, and this is coming from experience of many f/i's i've seen. I think that Tony's (habib) setup has the most potential out of all of us.
Habib the Albanian Pimp is turbo Sir.
Pimpin Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2008, 11:15 AM   #19
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
 
slowaccord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,741
Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpin Ken View Post
Habib the Albanian Pimp is turbo Sir.
no duh but its not the XS power kit u guys r using
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #20
Bobby Lane Racing
 
nighthawk04v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpin Ken View Post
Habib the Albanian Pimp is turbo Sir.
The pimp has a real turbo Sir. Just cause you have a turbo doesn't mean you are equivalent or have as much potential as what Tony has... Honestly, I'd love to see your dyno sheets, boost and AFR sheets. I've installed many turbos, seen many turbos DIY, i can tell you whether its a good or bad setup just by visually inspecting. We send about 10 cars or more to the tuner every month. From turbo, s/c, nitrous, k-pro n/a builts, hondata reflashes, s200, s300, emanage, aem ems, apex'i power fc, neo, etc. you name it, ive done it. So until you XS power guys have something to show.. i don't want to hear anything about it. Also Joe, no his thread about gathering 10 people. I don't see any logical reason why he needs to gather 10 for test fitment when he's not even done with his project, and no results have been shown..

Thanks

Kiet
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #21
Boost Junkie
 
Pimpin Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Angleton TX
Posts: 86
Send a message via Yahoo to Pimpin Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowaccord View Post
no duh but its not the XS power kit u guys r using

I guess what I dont understand is what is so bad about the kit other than the downpipe and the fact that it was stolen from speedr. No one with it has had any problems with components every pipe fit well for me. Except the fact that the downpipe is routed low I think it is a good stage1 starter kit. Of course its not the best but it is the best bang for the buck right now.
Pimpin Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #22
Bobby Lane Racing
 
nighthawk04v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpin Ken View Post
I guess what I dont understand is what is so bad about the kit other than the downpipe and the fact that it was stolen from speedr. No one with it has had any problems with components every pipe fit well for me. Except the fact that the downpipe is routed low I think it is a good stage1 starter kit. Of course its not the best but it is the best bang for the buck right now.
how much bang do you get out of it besides a waste of time and labor to see nothing significant..

like i said, none of you guys have anything to show for it yet, except for "i'm boosted"

lets some some sheets dude, afr/boost, hp/tq,.. i'd like to see the graphs.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:08 PM   #23
Boost Junkie
 
Pimpin Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Angleton TX
Posts: 86
Send a message via Yahoo to Pimpin Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
how much bang do you get out of it besides a waste of time and labor to see nothing significant..

like i said, none of you guys have anything to show for it yet, except for "i'm boosted"

lets some some sheets dude, afr/boost, hp/tq,.. i'd like to see the graphs.
You are 100% right on that...Right now. So I cant argue that. To say it is a waste is just kind of crazy.
Pimpin Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2008, 06:16 PM   #24
DO NOT BUY FROM joe80055
 
joe80055's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk04v6 View Post
The pimp has a real turbo Sir. Just cause you have a turbo doesn't mean you are equivalent or have as much potential as what Tony has... Honestly, I'd love to see your dyno sheets, boost and AFR sheets. I've installed many turbos, seen many turbos DIY, i can tell you whether its a good or bad setup just by visually inspecting. We send about 10 cars or more to the tuner every month. From turbo, s/c, nitrous, k-pro n/a builts, hondata reflashes, s200, s300, emanage, aem ems, apex'i power fc, neo, etc. you name it, ive done it. So until you XS power guys have something to show.. i don't want to hear anything about it. Also Joe, no his thread about gathering 10 people. I don't see any logical reason why he needs to gather 10 for test fitment when he's not even done with his project, and no results have been shown..

Thanks

Kiet
Alright. you. listen. I need multiple cars so that way after i'm done and I SHOW you how decent really is, there are people that are going to WANT this kit, keepin mind that they don't want to deal with modding it themselves.. so i'm doing them the favor.. i'm going out of my way.. LITERALLY to test fit the copies of modded pipes that I will be making myself. I'm doing the same thing comptech does... they make several pipes, fit them on SEVERAL cars, to get ONE divine design. Now LOOK .. okay?... after i'm done doing this, i'm going to personally assemble the entire kit with EVERY component the kit should've already came with... like i said.. i'm going out of my way to help eveyrone else. now on top of that, I will show you numbers... although i still may hear pessimistic remarks from you about the kit, i'm going to IGNORE them because i've seen its potential already. Now here's my request to you.. temporarily stop being a little ***** with the comments, just this once, and show some support at least. You'll have every right to talk **** if you see me FAIL.. which I know I WON'T.


Once again, you WILL get graphs, be patient.

If you're just going to bash the thread.. just don't bother posting.. com'on man.

End Rant.
joe80055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #25
Formerly VTEC-v6!
 
N54TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 5,251
^Chill out and just ignore him. There's even a button for that...it's called "ignore"

-Cheers
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:47 PM   #26
Albanian PIMP
 
habib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 1,973
Send a message via AIM to habib
Has/can anyone or anyhwere find a dyno sheet and/or time slip to verify what the XS kit can do?

You guys also cant compare how much boost someone is running with different blowers--completely different ones. If I am running GT35R at 7psi and your running your blower at 7psi that does not equal same amount of power. I hate it when ppl say that how much boost you running wtf? does it matter when you dont even know what turbo or s/c I have.

Joe: Comptech is a big company if they called me right now and said we can build a turbo kit for your car but we need it for test fitting I would do it. Eventhough I have a kit I will have the support of a larger company. You being an individual that will be very hard to do. No offense but I wouldnt trust you with my car.

I'm also willing to wager that the XS Turbo kit out the box is not gonna beat anyone with CT s/c on similar car. Why didnt speedr7 dyno his car?
habib is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:52 PM   #27
Formerly VTEC-v6!
 
N54TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 5,251
Does anybody here actually have a COMPLETE XS kit install? Or is everyone in a state of perpetual installation?
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:13 PM   #28
Albanian PIMP
 
habib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 1,973
Send a message via AIM to habib
they all have a "kit"
they just have to piece it together, modify it and tune it-thats it
habib is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:16 PM   #29
Formerly VTEC-v6!
 
N54TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 5,251
But if it's so easy...where are the results?
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 12th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #30
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
 
slowaccord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,741
Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC-v6! View Post
But if it's so easy...where are the results?
i kant remember who it was but someone was claiming 290 whp and above using this XS kit. I wanna see dynos also. the best us s/c guys have managed on a j30a1 was anywhere from about 230-260 WHP.
slowaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On