March 5, 2008 Photos (Flowers, Jenny, Oxana, Track) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > RANDOM CHATTER > TECHNOLOGY CORNER > V6P PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #1
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
March 5, 2008 Photos (Flowers, Jenny, Oxana, Track)

I was waiting for her to get off work before we went to the track to meet up with some of the other "Jenny guys", so I was bored and decided to do some shots of stuff that isn't a car. So I experimented with the cherry blossom trees at the Galleria Mall in Roseville.

And of course, the car. I was messing with my circular polarizer to get rid of window and light reflections. I think it worked pretty well, especially since the light glint/glare was actually a lot worse coming off the headlight than it shows here.

At the track, took a lot more, but with my sh*tty sk*lls, a lot came out blurry due to me not having a completely steady hand. I set the ISO as low as I could, but I think the "Non-Flash" program overrides what I set in the "shooting menu", so there's still noise. The camera's stock flash was useless in the car shots since they were so far away. But with Steve's help (thank you!), I'll get better.

And photos of the better photographer of the two of us.

Setting her better camera, and better lens.

One of the other GTO guys let her ride shotgun during one of the runs he made. I didn't run Jenny, because she's still stock and I want to wait until I get my mods done.

And the last candid shot I did of her, which I think came out really well considring it was me taking the picture.
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 6th, 2008, 01:06 PM   #2
Bobby Lane Racing

looking very progressive. good job bud. i'm no photographer but i can see improvement.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #3
Destroyer of Tires

The cherry blossom pictures are pretty nice looking, although some of them look a tad underexposed to me.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...8/DSC_0269.jpg

By far your best photo in my opinion. Pretty sick shot man, great capture.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 6th, 2008, 02:14 PM   #4

I agree with Doc X, that was a pretty awesome shot of the Bikes. You're making a lot of improvements!
UnIQuEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #5
ex scientia vera

I like the shot of the bikes too.
Very neat!
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 04:03 PM   #6
hella flush

Send a message via AIM to lilfotoman
nice pics. how fast was that gto
lilfotoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #7
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
One of us made mid-12s, but it was his first time at the track and he had no traction. He's supercharged though. I think when I actually go to make a run, I'm either going to leave the TCS on (what's the use of turning it off if all I'm going to do is spin throughout first gear?), or I'm going to start in 2nd.

I got lucky with the bike shot, but I wish it was the closer bike that got focused, and not the further one.
Old March 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #8
Destroyer of Tires

Honestly I think the fact that the further one is not blurred by motion helps your composition. The bike that is closer is like right in the middle of the frame and it wouldn't be as "artsy" or interesting to look at, so it kind of aided you in my opinion.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 05:19 PM   #9
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
your pictures are coming up kuya
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #10
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
The cherry blossom pictures are pretty nice looking, although some of them look a tad underexposed to me.
I agree. with a little bit longer exposure, the cherry blooms picture would look better.

I usually have my tripod and tripod head sitting in my car 24-7 if needed.
Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #11
Mirage Representative

On the close-ups, I just used the "flower" program thing. Not sure what I did with the ones farther out, but I think those are either full auto or landscape. The bike shot was done in the "running man" mode, and I just held down the button to take several shots in a row, and tried to follow the one closer (I must have fallen behind), and picked the shot with one of them being the clearest.
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:20 PM   #12
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Very nice! My favorite was the panned drag bikes at 1/8s! Wow! Those are really hard to pull off but you got it! The cherry blossom stuff looks good too. Just need to post-process a bit and they'll come alive.

original:

1 minute in DxO: Velvia film profile, cooled white balance a bit, unsharp mask at 150%, 0.3px radius, 0 threshold, medium lighting correction, 50% smart vibrancy.

That actually looks a bit over-sharpened now, but that's what tends to happen on a small file.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2008, 03:09 PM   #13
Mirage Representative

Jesus... I'll have to try that in Photoshop.
Old March 7th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #14
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

All that is hard to do in PS. That's why I use DxO. It makes it easy for PS-idiots like me that don't want to bother.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2008, 09:42 PM   #15
The End.

Send a message via AIM to IcyAccord
Here's my rendition of the post-processing in Photoshop. Of course it took 1239458451610 seconds longer than SteVTEC's method.

Last edited by IcyAccord; March 7th, 2008 at 09:56 PM..
IcyAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in