judge joe brown schools wedding photographers - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > RANDOM CHATTER > TECHNOLOGY CORNER > V6P PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:12 PM   #1

judge joe brown schools wedding photographers

Saw it on another forums and thought i'd share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js7Rz...layer_embedded
H22 VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:42 PM   #2
FG4

lol, i actually heard about the tripod at dark places from neel
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:39 AM   #3
Picture Perfect

I was surprised how much Joe Brown knew about f-stops, L lenses, and 1-series bodies! I loved how that ***** didn't know the speed of her cheap-ass 70-300 kit lens. Really shows the professionalism.

Nice to see those photographers schooled. Sure, you don't need the absolute best equipment in the world to take pro-caliber photos but I'm tired of these house wives turned pro-photographer only because they think they have a DSLR. "Look at me! I can charger a $1000 to shoot your wedding because I have a Canon Rebel. How hard can it be? You just point and shoot right?"

If they've shot 100s of wedding you think they could have upgraded their equipment over time. Unfortunately, I used to hear stories like this all too often when I was still on Fredmiranda.com
Milan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 6th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #4
4.0L

Wow...those pictures are HORRIBLE! LOL. Canon Rebel XTi = professional camera? Eh? I agree with Milan. There are so many people out there charging $300-ish for wedding photo coverage, and a lot of people who are willing to take that quality of service for the price. This just happens to be a case where someone got away with charging much more than what they were clearly worth.

I'm trying to get into wedding photography among other things, and it's tough because you can't start out charging $2500 for a wedding, but if you charge something entry-level (sub $1000), people often write you off as inexperienced and now you have to compete with these "house wives turned pro-photographer".
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #5
07/15/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan View Post
I was surprised how much Joe Brown knew about f-stops, L lenses, and 1-series bodies! I loved how that ***** didn't know the speed of her cheap-ass 70-300 kit lens. Really shows the professionalism.

Nice to see those photographers schooled. Sure, you don't need the absolute best equipment in the world to take pro-caliber photos but I'm tired of these house wives turned pro-photographer only because they think they have a DSLR. "Look at me! I can charger a $1000 to shoot your wedding because I have a Canon Rebel. How hard can it be? You just point and shoot right?"

If they've shot 100s of wedding you think they could have upgraded their equipment over time. Unfortunately, I used to hear stories like this all too often when I was still on Fredmiranda.com
well put.

the left one in red shirt looks terrible and also have horrible attitude. thumbs down for those dumb and dumbers.
inyong1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #6

lol damnnn Joe knows his sh*t

Damn she only wanted 1k back and she got $2,500

lol can Joe do that? :O
AccordWhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #7
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietNinjaJ30A1 View Post
Wow...those pictures are HORRIBLE! LOL. Canon Rebel XTi = professional camera? Eh? I agree with Milan. There are so many people out there charging $300-ish for wedding photo coverage, and a lot of people who are willing to take that quality of service for the price. This just happens to be a case where someone got away with charging much more than what they were clearly worth.

I'm trying to get into wedding photography among other things, and it's tough because you can't start out charging $2500 for a wedding, but if you charge something entry-level (sub $1000), people often write you off as inexperienced and now you have to compete with these "house wives turned pro-photographer".

I know what you mean... I'm just starting out doing weddings as well, and it's very difficult to know what price to start out at. I have three packages though, two of them not including prints but prints can be added for extra cost along with other a la carte options like albums/second photographer/extra-time. That way it looks like I'm inexpensive but it also shows I do have an expensive package that does include a lot of the a la carte options.

ha I had this vid on my facebook a cpl days ago... yeah Judge Joe Brown does know his stuff, surprisingly, but the Rebel series can still produce good enough photos if the photographer knows what he/she is doing. This lady clearly did not know what she was doing, because her photos looked like a cheap P&S quality. At least she could have bought a 50mm f/1.8 or something for the low light... I mean come on, that's sub-$100 and a decent lens.

Anyway, I think he was right about the quality but wrong about having to have a 1-series or 5-series Canon to make good portraits. lol And not everyone knows the speed of their variable aperture lenses... I have one variable aperture lens, and I thought it was f/3.5-5.6, but it's actually f/3.5-6.3. Whoops! Selling that lens anyway. haha

But all in all, the photographer did a crappy job and deserved to be punished for that. You can't call yourself professional and have two cheap lenses.
Trevendous03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #8
4.0L

I agree that you don't necessarily need a 1D or 5D to produce quality photos (speaking in terms of Canon...but the same for Nikon), but I think Joe Brown was arguing that the photographers advertised "professional photos with professional equipment"...and that a Rebel XTi is not "professional" equipment.

I thought the D300 was pretty pro, but then it turns out it's the top of the amateur line...according to those who own D3s
Old March 6th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #9
4.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordWhite00 View Post
lol damnnn Joe knows his sh*t

Damn she only wanted 1k back and she got $2,500

lol can Joe do that? :O
The court can order you to do whatever (pretty much)...you can appeal if you'd like. If it was something absurd like $3 million...then it'd be easy to get the order overturned.
Old March 7th, 2010, 08:43 PM   #10
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietNinjaJ30A1 View Post
I agree that you don't necessarily need a 1D or 5D to produce quality photos (speaking in terms of Canon...but the same for Nikon), but I think Joe Brown was arguing that the photographers advertised "professional photos with professional equipment"...and that a Rebel XTi is not "professional" equipment.

I thought the D300 was pretty pro, but then it turns out it's the top of the amateur line...according to those who own D3s
I see your point, as that is a entry-level camera. I think the D300 and D200 are professional equipment though. The best you can get from Nikon with a cropped sensor. Some people consider them advanced amateur... you're right, but I know a lot of professional wedding photographers who use Nikon D200 and D300.

I tell people I use professional equipment haha but I include some of my lenses and my flashes professional... I consider my D90 mid-level and D200 professional. That's me though. But yeah if I had a D500, D60, D3000, D40 or anything more entry-level, I would not say I have professional equipment. haha
Trevendous03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #11

this makes me warm inside haha
00Accord4cyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in