Need help pricing my stuff for sale - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > RANDOM CHATTER > TECHNOLOGY CORNER > V6P PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #1
Destroyer of Tires

Need help pricing my stuff for sale

Photo gurus, I need some guidance. After thinking about where my life is heading and sitting on a crapload of gear that I don't really use, I am going to sell some of the manual focus stuff that I have laying around for some cash to buy newer digital stuff. I'm going to start shooting for money until I can find something worthwhile in the business marketing world. Here's a list of the stuff I'm going to be selling:
  • Nikon Nikkor 105mm f2.5 AiS
  • Nikon Nikkor 135 f2.8 AiS
  • Nikon Zoom-Nikkor 35-105mm f3.5-4.5
  • Tokina RMC 80-200mm f4.5
  • Tokina A-TX SD 80-200mm f2.8
  • Tokina SD 400mm f5.6
  • Vivitar 19mm f3.8
  • Nikon N6006
  • Nikon N8008s

I also have a Vivitar 70-210mm f2.8-4.0 macro zoom but it is my cousin's so I don't know if I should sell it (even though he's like almost 30 now and hasn't asked for his gear in years).

I've been trying to Google the prices on a lot of these lenses and haven't really come up with much, which makes me think the third party lenses aren't really worth much now days but anything can help I suppose. I also have a ton of filters I probably won't use, and I mean A TON.

Any insight?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #2
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

www.keh.com

Just look stuff up there and price accordingly. Their bargain (BGN) class lenses are excellent usually have have a return policy so you'd have to target under those prices unless yours are absolutely immaculate and include caps and everything, in which case you might be able to fetch EX/EX+ level pricing for them. I don't think anybody here would be interested, so just suck it up, pay the $25 for For Sale access on FredMiranda.com, and they'll be gone in a couple of days. Even the Tokinas, since they're fairly nice lenses.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #3
Destroyer of Tires

I wasn't trying to sell them here, but it's good to know. Thanks man.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 11th, 2010, 08:31 PM   #4
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2

Steve is right... I have sold a lot of lenses on there in less than a week after posting them, and I usually get interested buyers the same day I post lenses there for sale.

Anyways, I usually try to post my lenses at like KEH's EX line, because mine usually are in pristine condition and have caps, hoods, even cases or filters sometimes.
Trevendous03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in