April Photography Contest Voting - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > RANDOM CHATTER > TECHNOLOGY CORNER > V6P PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Which entry gets your vote?
Entry #1 13 41.94%
Entry #2 1 3.23%
Entry #3 7 22.58%
Entry #4 6 19.35%
Entry #5 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:52 PM   #1
Formerly VTEC-v6!

April Photography Contest Voting

April Photography Contest Voting
The theme this month was Architecture. Please vote for your favorite!

Voting Ends April 30th, 6:52PM EST

Entry #1

Entry #2

Entry #3

Entry #4

Entry #5
Gone but not forgotten:
  • 2010 BMW 135i (500hp, JB4 w/ E85)
  • 2013 Honda Accord 4dr EX-L
  • 2002 Honda Accord 4dr EX-V6
  • 1999 Honda Accord 4dr LX
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:59 PM   #2

My vote goes to 4...

E
ericspda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:27 PM   #3

i think #4 will be a winner by wide margin.
HONDA_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:59 PM   #4
Jan/Feb '06 ROTM

Send a message via AIM to Dinzdale40
yay nice pics everyone...bumpers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Official Slammed Club Member #004 Stage 2
Dinzdale40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:10 PM   #5
Founder of PsychoLemon CC

Send a message via ICQ to DeadDoc Send a message via AIM to DeadDoc Send a message via MSN to DeadDoc Send a message via Yahoo to DeadDoc
voted... ps my name is Scott but not the Scott you are looking for. lol. Wish I could help but I actually do not know any other Scott's on here. This is a first time I don't know another one of me.
DeadDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:14 PM   #6

#1 is prety cool, #3 is a good shoot, but #4 just has that color im looking for, the black border makes it stand out, and its real unique...

E
ericspda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:29 PM   #7

good pics, all!

ryan s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:35 AM   #8
Formerly VTEC-v6!

its ok, i found the ellusive scott!
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #9
Destroyer of Tires

I like the first entry the most.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 01:00 AM   #10
A n g u s D e i

Send a message via AIM to itchthys
I think #5 looks sexy.
itchthys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 04:09 PM   #11
ex scientia vera

A toss up between #1 & #4 for me. Nod goes to #1 though.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2007, 02:21 AM   #12
im obsessed with intakes.

Send a message via AIM to 02prodigy
man.... i didnt get to enter this month.....
02prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2007, 02:35 AM   #13
thread killer

Send a message via AIM to vtecricebox
man should have entered...my vote goes to #1
vtecricebox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2007, 05:10 AM   #14

I'm not trying to be a biatch...well maybe i am...but what is so great about #1?? sky is blown out, quality isn't that great,only cool thing is the building..but whatever..i just feel like the actual picture isn't be voted on but who has the coolest one..
00Accord4cyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2007, 07:03 AM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to OKCV6'R
#5 is mad sexay!
OKCV6'R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2007, 07:56 AM   #16

Entry # 3 looks like the base from power rangers
Bee Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2007, 09:53 AM   #17
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Accord4cyl
I'm not trying to be a biatch...well maybe i am...but what is so great about #1?? sky is blown out, quality isn't that great,only cool thing is the building..but whatever..i just feel like the actual picture isn't be voted on but who has the coolest one..
Well since we banned HDR images in the contest, the only other way to have possibly gotten the sky to expose correct AND the building is with a Grad ND filter, and then it would have thrown off the exposure on the upper levels of the building.

Tough picture...but the contest is vote for your favorite, and none of us are pro photography critics. So whichever one the member likes the most, they may vote for
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:11 AM   #18
Jan/Feb '06 ROTM

i would rather it be judged more professionally to challenge me more as a photographer...not just who can find the neatest subject...if it isn't going to be judged that way i will probably start entering photos from my P&S and save my effort for contests on Accessphoto.com or other photography based sites. Not saying I won't compete but I can't spend so much on equipment and my time to not be judged on my skills. I like problem solving and making the best out of harsh conditions, like coming up with creative ways to increase the dynamic range or capture motion or tell a story. Not *****ing or anything...in fact this contest helps me figure out what kind of pictures work and what people see as bland. I don't think we need to so much change the way the contest works but it seems everyone is bragging about using such professional equipment, but then the pictures are being judged independently of skill, exposure, and composition.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Official Slammed Club Member #004 Stage 2
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #19
NVR 4GTN

Is that the top of your car in the bottom right corner in #5? I like the odd house thing.
Broken Angel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:20 AM   #20
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinzdale40
i would rather it be judged more professionally to challenge me more as a photographer...not just who can find the neatest subject...if it isn't going to be judged that way i will probably start entering photos from my P&S and save my effort for contests on Accessphoto.com or other photography based sites. Not saying I won't compete but I can't spend so much on equipment and my time to not be judged on my skills. I like problem solving and making the best out of harsh conditions, like coming up with creative ways to increase the dynamic range or capture motion or tell a story. Not *****ing or anything...in fact this contest helps me figure out what kind of pictures work and what people see as bland. I don't think we need to so much change the way the contest works but it seems everyone is bragging about using such professional equipment, but then the pictures are being judged independently of skill, exposure, and composition.
But unless we form a "photography contest voting board" that will actively judge based on those elements, similar to how we operate the featured ride contest...the general public is just going to pick which picture they like best.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it all skill based...But maybe we should let the contests get off the ground first and become more consistent before we move to something more complex
Old April 26th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #21
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
I agree w/ Dinzdale40, but we have to get the masses in here first. I'm not gonna comment on the pictures until voting is over though.

Maybe after this contest, we can have a critique session on the photos. Even though my picture is in there, I would more than welcome critiques because thats the only way we can learn to be better photographers. I'm also on a bunch of other photography sites, but sometimes those sites are so big and full of photo prima donnas that the critiques stop being helpful and become simply hurtful.

I think w/ the permission of each of the folks who entered this time around, maybe we can help each other become better at this hobby We can do a post of each picture and then others can comment on it and make suggestions. This will also help other members who are not photo savy to learn about this OTHER expensive hobby and also help them to recognize a good photo when they see one as well.

We started this contest to get our latent members who are photographers to get out there and show us some skills and to trade ideas, thoughts, lessons and critcisms. I prefer it small right now since it makes us a better community as a whole. It's all about educating the masses and we've gotta start somewhere.

Thanks to everyone who entered and participated.
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #22
Formerly VTEC-v6!

I think its a good idea
Old April 27th, 2007, 10:08 AM   #23

Wow...#1 really took off yesterday....ggrrr... LOL
Old April 27th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #24
JB4 e92

I voted for #2 because they didn't have any votes.

Do you guys think we should add a module to the front page to display the photography winners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Wow...#1 really took off yesterday....ggrrr... LOL
Maybe we have some similarities with the old Featured Ride Contest?
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #25
im obsessed with intakes.

Send a message via AIM to 02prodigy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Accord4cyl

man i don't even know how to start, and it will prob take forever to answer ur questions... so i will make it fast and simple as possible.

WHAT'S GREAT ABOUT NUMBER #1s PHOTO:
1. perspective (choose an interesting angle)

2. creativity (didn't do a full shot of the building like other entires)

3. Subject matter (its a normal looking building, didn't need to find a temple)

4. Technically accurate (can't use HBR, so did what he could, with what he could do)

5. He used his skills as a photographer, and not the craziest looking building in his city. (self explanatory)

I voted for #1 on a count of these factors.. Photography is an art and the first photo in my mind is artistic, others are just pictures of nice-interesting looking buildings. #1 makes me say oh, woow, hum, well.. It made me think..

If a blue sky and 20megapixels of quality is what u consider great maybe you should consider browsing real estate photography forums.

Oh BTW what did u enter if ur going to criticize #1's picture?
02prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #26
Jan/Feb '06 ROTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02prodigy
man i don't even know how to start, and it will prob take forever to answer ur questions... so i will make it fast and simple as possible.

WHAT'S GREAT ABOUT NUMBER #1s PHOTO:
1. perspective (choose an interesting angle)

2. creativity (didn't do a full shot of the building like other entires)

3. Subject matter (its a normal looking building, didn't need to find a temple)

4. Technically accurate (can't use HBR, so did what he could, with what he could do)

5. He used his skills as a photographer, and not the craziest looking building in his city. (self explanatory)

I voted for #1 on a count of these factors.. Photography is an art and the first photo in my mind is artistic, others are just pictures of nice-interesting looking buildings. #1 makes me say oh, woow, hum, well.. It made me think..

If a blue sky and 20megapixels of quality is what u consider great maybe you should consider browsing real estate photography forums.

Oh BTW what did u enter if ur going to criticize #1's picture?
#1 has creativity...but could have been alot better if they shot it at a different time of day(maybe a stormy day where the dynamic range could be captured in a photograph...or used a GND with a little creativity)... and if they could step on the other side of the friggin tree...

and what is HBR?
Old April 30th, 2007, 04:14 PM   #27
(つ◕‿◕)つ*.★.*.★.* .★.

#5 looks really good. I'm guessing VTEC-V6 submitted that?
Red02AccordV6_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #28
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Yep 5 is mine, the random car kind of gives it away
Old April 30th, 2007, 07:52 PM   #29

I second 02prodigy's thoughts on #1. Can whomever posted that one convert it to B&W? I'm interested to see how it turns out

My #4...as many folks probably guessed took a bit of work. Besides cranking out the saturation and using a circular polarizer, the hardest part of the whole shot was waiting for people to get the F out of my shot! LOL. As some have probably guessed, its Mexico at Disney's Epcot Theme Park.

It was taken hand held, no tripod necessary and I caught a perfect day w/ no clouds in the background. Believe it or not, that's quite hard to do in Orlando where every afternoon it could thunderstorm in the spring, summer and fall. It was taken in February 2007 which explains the perfect sky.

Just keep in mind that everyone in here is trying to learn to be a better photography and artist. So let's try to keep an open mind about everyone's shots. Not everyone is the same level and we're all here to learn.
Old April 30th, 2007, 07:56 PM   #30

BTW, Whomever won #1, James, can you pm me their SN and I need that person to PM me their address so that I can send them their prize What color decal do you want?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in