I need a little help. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > RANDOM CHATTER > TECHNOLOGY CORNER > V6P PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:32 AM   #1
MARTIN

I need a little help.

Hey photographers!
I was just wondering if you guys could recommend some cameras that will be best for my preferences. I got some info from Kevin, but I wanted to weigh my options. I'm looking to spend about $300 or less on a good P&S camera.
Here are some specs I would like in my camera:
Can take really colorful pics (like a sunset or scenery)
Not blurry (for pics of a city at night for example)
Has great focus ability (will take a clear picture of the target)
Has the ability to focus light and object (such as the pic that Kevin (doctorx) has in his sig)

Basically I am a beginner, and i'm trying to learn how to use a camera to it's full potential. I want to be able to bring it to S.F. or a beach and take amazing photo's that look like the ads. If the photos require PSing, it's fine, but I don't want to sit there for hours trying to get the lighting correct on the comp..i want the camera to do most of the work. Thanks you guys for reading this long post, hope to get some great feedback!
-Martin
TRUV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:37 AM   #2
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
Defintely take a look at the Canon SD line, I have the Canon SD450, little bit older, maybe by a year or two, but it defintely is a great camera for what you want, and best of all it fits in your pocket like a cell phone (well may a bit thicker), anyhow they have updated SD versions, so take a look at those!
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:45 AM   #3
MARTIN

Yeah kevin told me about those, they seem to get a consistent rating, and that may actually be the choice I will end up with. How are the Nikon's and Sony's compared to Canon?

Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:50 AM   #4
MARTIN

Oh another question, what is the difference between the SD series and the Canon A series? I've seen that the A series is cheaper, but is there a real big reason?

This is the page i've been looking at and getting confused lol:

B&H
Old August 23rd, 2007, 02:54 PM   #5
ex scientia vera

Unfortunately, I cannot suggest any P&S since I have moved to my first dSLR, the Nikon D40 ($535 shipped). I have the Nikon Coolpix S9, and it is a terrific camera for outdoor photography. But the thing absolutely tanks in low-light or indoor shots. Warning: don't pick up a friend's dSLR or you'll be hooked.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:19 PM   #6
6thgenaccord

agreed to nexson . i also have sd 450. but try to get sd900 . theyre around the price you want.

Canon PowerShot SD900
10.0 Megapixel, 12x Zoom (3.0x Optical, 4.0x Digital), Max ISO 3200, Face Detection, Image Stabilizer, w/ Large 2.5" LCD, High-Res Movie Recording w/sound, 18 shooting modes, Widescreen 16:9, Titanium Metal Body,

check ebay.$264.95 + 20.oo shipping.(not bad)
http://cgi.ebay.com/10MP-CANON-POWER...em140150897609
ktz_04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in