Pena Adobe Photoshoot - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > RANDOM CHATTER > TECHNOLOGY CORNER > V6P PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2007, 01:22 AM   #1
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Pena Adobe Photoshoot (Part 1 - Jenny)

The princess and I took more pictures of Jenny and her at a local Vacaville park. She seems to like the "darker" pictures better because it made the red look more like "original color". I think she meant that when it's in the shade (or the lens shader, or darker setting is used), and there isn't a ton of sun hitting it, it makes the red look the way it's meant to. As some may notice, we still haven't gotten that sensor dust thing fixed. I will post the pictures of the two of them together and whatnot after she goes through all the pictures and picks out which ones I'm allowed to share.

Last edited by Kuya Master; October 15th, 2007 at 01:28 AM..
Kuya Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 15th, 2007, 04:33 PM   #2
JB4 e92

A bunch of them are underexposed, could use some touching up in photoshop.
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 15th, 2007, 08:09 PM   #3
ex scientia vera

Yeah, I agree with Michael. Tad too dark for my taste. I do like the rolling hills in the background though. Very nice.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 15th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #4
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Yeah, I like the brighter ones too. *Shrugs.* I wasn't the one working the camera. I'm like, "it looks a bit dark." She's all, "No, it's perfect. You don't know about photographs." I knew I couldn't trust that trifling... oh wait, I love her.
Old October 16th, 2007, 09:58 AM   #5
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
It meeds a strong flash. The lighting is pretty bad in the shade so alternate lighting is highly recommended. There are plenty of tips on doing this on the various Canon and Nikon photography sites.

My favorite...being a Canon user is:

www.photography-on-the.net/forum

The sunlight shots are pretty good. What camera, lens and settings was she using?
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2007, 12:09 PM   #6
Mirage Representative

Nikon 50D, I think is the model, and she was using some funky lens that was longer than the normal one, and it had all these weird things and numbers, and it would move around and focus when you lightly held the "take picture" button. I of course didn't know that the five little things in the viewer (one in the center, one above, below, left, right), and where one "lights up" that means that's where you want to put the main focus of the picture. So a ton of the pictures I took of her and Jenny were blurry and junk. She's working on Photoshop-ing them before sending them back to me to post.

I too like the better lit ones. I told her that the pictures were dark and stuff, but she was all "it's supposed to be so red is more original and sexy".
Old October 16th, 2007, 12:41 PM   #7
335i coupe

Nice pics and scene .
v6pmemba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2007, 03:05 PM   #8

I added a little "pop" to these shots via Bibble Lite I hope you don't mind. I'll take it off if you wish.
Old October 16th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #9
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

now those two are starting to look overexposed, LOL.

Next time try some fill flash with an SB-400 or better yet an SB-600. That way you can balance the shadowy areas of the car with the lighter background.

Love the pics though. GTOs are
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2007, 04:30 PM   #10
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Yeah Rich, those are a bit extreme...when was the last time you calibrated your monitor?

D50 FTW
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #11

I purposely made it to POP out at you LOL. Not over-exposed, just increased saturation and fill-in lighting on it. I'll work on a more normal version later tonight...hehehe.
Old October 16th, 2007, 10:45 PM   #12
Mirage Representative

Wowzers! I like the brighter pictures. Maybe it's because of my monitor settings (I'm still packing an old 17" HP Pavilioon MX70), but the dark stuff is way dark to me. I can't wait until you put the more perfected ones up.

Thanks for the compliments too, Steve, James.

Dizzy, if it won't be a problem... I'd like for you to brighten a couple pictures. She really likes these, but they're a bit too dark and I can't fix them with my wimpy Photoshop skillz:

Last edited by Kuya Master; October 16th, 2007 at 10:50 PM..
Old October 16th, 2007, 11:00 PM   #13
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Brightening is usually pretty simple, I might take a stab at those later
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #14
Mirage Representative

If you do, thank you!
Old October 17th, 2007, 09:07 AM   #15

I'm only able to download a low rez version so there was a LOT of noise in there. If I sharpened it too much, more noise would come in. Running noise ninja at higher settings made it look too soft. This is the best I could do in 10 minutes. You might want to give us a higher resolution version for us to do a better job. I love Bibble Lite hehehe I'm not sure of photobucket will allow us to download the high rez version...grrr...

You should really consider getting a flash like the ones Steve mentioned. Then you wouldn't have a lot of these problems hehehe. Shoot in RAW next time then convert to jpg after post-processing. That will maximize the amount of data for people to work with.
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #16
Mirage Representative

Wow... I need to get that program, and take a look into those flashes. What brand are they, and place can I go to? Do they attach to a Nikon D50? And yeah... how much damage am I looking at?

I've uploaded original resolution pictures as per downloaded from the camera here:

http://members.aol.com/riceracerk/pa278.jpg
http://members.aol.com/riceracerk/pa280.jpg

Thanks so much for your time.

Last edited by Kuya Master; October 17th, 2007 at 11:12 AM..
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:06 AM   #17
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya Master View Post
Wow... I need to get that program, and take a look into those flashes. What brand are they, and place can I go to? Do they attach to a Nikon D50? And yeah... how much damage am I looking at?
www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/sb400.htm

I got mine from Amazon when I bought the rest of my gear. It'll run you around $115. The difference is AMAZING by being able to bounce the flash off of ceilings or to be able to just fill in the background by pointing it upwards. The SB-600 is a bit more, but you get the ability to swivel the flash if were to position the camera in portrait layout. I've never had a situation where it really was a detriment with the SB-400. Just what you want to spend, and how much extra weight and features you want/need.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 17th, 2007, 12:18 PM   #18

The SB-400 has a nice compact size...but I would prefer the versitility of the SB-600. The ability to turn your camera sideways and turn your flash sideways and rotated up is very important for me since I do a lot of portrait shots. I use the Canon 580EX and a Gary Fong Difuser for my shots. You can see some examples in the Homecoming 07 thread in the Photography Showcase forum (see above this section). Bibble Lite is designed as a Raw convertor with a lot of options. It's doesn't quite have photoshops ability to change the picture in a lot of ways, but its great to tweak your shots if everything else in the picture is ok. In my homecoming shots, I would need photoshop to clone out my flash in the picture...but all the levels and everything I can deal w/ in Bibble.

For the most party Bibble is good for most of my uses. If you set-up your shots correctly, there should be little need for photoshop Steve uses DxO, another great Raw/photo processing software. Each has their pluses and minuses since there's no one PERFECT post-processing software. My professional photog friends all use Bibble so those are the ones I tend to use as well. Adobe Lightroom is another post-processing software that's pretty good as well.
Old October 17th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #19

Ok, how's this?

Old October 17th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #20
Mirage Representative

Thank you tons! Now I know that two pictures from "part 2" will be great for sure. Do you have the "full-size files" available? My e-mail is [email protected], or [email protected] if AOL doesn't allow big fat files.
Old October 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #21

I'll email you the originals tomorrow. Did you girl like the pics?
Old October 18th, 2007, 08:55 PM   #22
Mirage Representative

She loved them. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in