"SEARCH" nazi's - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > HELP DESK > V6performance Forum Help/Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2004, 06:31 PM   #1

search nazi's

k...i've gotta vent here for a few seconds! if anybody else out there is tired of countless people replying to posts with something about performing a search, let it be known in this thread...if you see a post with information and people have already discussed it, and you dont want to supply any information, THEN DONT! it's pretty simple really, if there's a topic i dont want to add to, cuz i know it's been discussed, i simply dont read it rather than posting "search!!" and making somebody feel like they're doin something like a moral sin for creating a new thread about something that might not have been answered in the other threads...relax on the search nazi behavior people, please? there's nothing more annoying than to read a new thread on an old topic that has 10 replies for somebody to search than it is to read, just leave it be if you dont want to say something productive.

--hoop
IIHOOPII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #2
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

there have been debates on this topic already. please search
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2004, 06:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by SteVTEC
ROFLMAO!!!

The reason they say SEARCH!!! is because repost are doing nothing but tying up our bandwidth as well as server space....

Do you wanna pay to upgrade the server when we run outta room because of 3000 threads about resetting the ECU, or which intake is best, or whatever???

Using the search is saving US money.

Thank you.
Ei-ccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 7th, 2004, 06:37 PM   #4
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
Quote:

hahaha, damn that made me spit out my drink
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2004, 06:37 PM   #5
___

I understand that it might seem mean for a bunch of people to just say "SEARCH" but there are several topics that have been asked many times and the same people get tired of having to explain it over and over again and say "search" It seems like the same questions/keep popping up every few weeks and if some people search, they would find the answer to their question much faster. But, also, no one will die if someone posts a thread that has been talked about before so I see your point there

If one person would say what steve said in the post above mine, I think there would be less drama over this though. There is no need for 5 people to say "SEARCH!!!"
borinka99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2004, 06:41 PM   #6

lol, the other problem is that when topics come up that have been previously discussed IN GREAT DEPTH, the same myths and mis-information comes right back, and if people would just search they would find exactly what they were looking for and have it all right in front of them.

Honestly, how many Type-S swap threads do we need? And I swear, if I see another maintenance light thread I'm just gonna delete it on the spot.

Yes, this is an active discussion forum. But it is also a library that contains a vast amount of information that you can "lookup" by searching.
Old January 7th, 2004, 06:48 PM   #7

Re: search nazi's

Quote:
Originally posted by IIHOOPII on January 7th, 2004 at 08:31 PM

there's nothing more annoying than to read a new thread on an old topic that has 10 replies for somebody to search than it is to read, just leave it be if you dont want to say something productive.

--hoop
So how bout if something has previously been discussed in great depth and you don't want 10 people in a row to say search, we just lock threads instead. Prime candidates...

- 7th gen octane debate
- Type-S swaps for 6th gen guys
- maintenance light (all gens)

The problem with that is then people will complain about their threads getting locked and that they don't want to search and just want somebody to "tell" them, even though there are a dozens of good threads to read through. People are lazy.
Old January 7th, 2004, 07:00 PM   #8

Quote:
...if I see another maintenance light thread I'm just gonna delete it on the spot. ....

Yes, this is an active discussion forum. But it is also a library that contains a vast amount of information that you can "lookup" by searching.

I do this already.
I hate that crap, I gave EVERYONE all the information ever needed about the CL-S cam swap, and there are still threads coming up about the gains...

The problem is we have entirely too many lazy teens that do not want to read through 1-2 pages of info to find the info they need
Old January 7th, 2004, 07:02 PM   #9

It's called print the sucker out, and read it the next time you're going to have an "extended stay" on "the throne". Happens to the best of us.
Old January 7th, 2004, 07:04 PM   #10
V Go SoCal Drivers V

Send a message via AIM to bustedryde
Quote:
Originally posted by Ei-ccord on January 7th, 2004 at 06:00 PM

The problem is we have entirely too many lazy teens that do not want to read through 1-2 pages of info to find the info they need
Nailed it right on the head. A gradual decline in "quality" posts is evident ever since AV6.com as more and more drivers receive the "hand-me down" auto. And if you have to argue what constitutes a quality post, you haven't been around long enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bustedryde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2004, 07:26 PM   #11

- lets not blame it on 'teens'
- a search takes up more bandwith, processing power, etc than a new thread does.
-and as a quieter member of this site i would just like to say that the reason i am quieter is because of this type of feeces. its stupid that i have to think twice about if ive 'searched' the site well enough not to envoke the wrath of the eliete. why bother post a good question at all? maybe it isnt good enough or maybe i havent searched enough. hah maybe thats why the 'quality' of the posts on the site have gone down. its fruckin insane about everyone biatching and moaning about everyone else. i joined this site because of the atmosphere and the willingness to help. that was way back before it became a freakin incorporation or whatever the sheol it is now. what the heck have all the people who joined for the same reason i did, gained? they gained the joy of having to open all these threads with people whining about this and that, they gained freakin ads all over the website, they gained the opportunity to become pawns and numbers in some eleite select members car club. (i dont mind being a pawn because of what i can learn from the more knowledgeable). and if you would like to write my post off or just delete it just remember in america for every one person that speaks out there are at least a hundred more who think the same thing but just dont say it. i loved the site a whole heck of a lot more before it because about authority power and a business. and i think that might be the underlying thing hoop was talking about in the first post. not necessarily the whole 'search' thing, but the reason the 'search' issue is an issue.

-where is the love?
-sorry for biatching moaning
davejax904 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2004, 07:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by davejax904
- lets not blame it on 'teens'
Why not? Almost 80% of the active useres are under the age of 20... menaing teens...

Quote:
- a search takes up more bandwith, processing power, etc than a new thread does.
A search is very CPU intensive, not bandwidth intensive. It uses little to no bandwidth.

But an ENTIRE new thread that 30 people look at will use MORE bandwidth and even more of the server space for the same thing that 40 people before you asked...

Quote:
-and as a quieter member of this site i would just like to say that the reason i am quieter is because of this type of feeces. its stupid that i have to think twice about if ive 'searched' the site well enough not to envoke the wrath of the eliete. why bother post a good question at all? maybe it isnt good enough or maybe i havent searched enough. hah maybe thats why the 'quality' of the posts on the site have gone down. its fruckin insane about everyone biatching and moaning about everyone else. i joined this site because of the atmosphere and the willingness to help. that was way back before it became a freakin incorporation or whatever the sheol it is now. what the heck have all the people who joined for the same reason i did, gained? they gained the joy of having to open all these threads with people whining about this and that, they gained freakin ads all over the website, they gained the opportunity to become pawns and numbers in some eleite select members car club. (i dont mind being a pawn because of what i can learn from the more knowledgeable). and if you would like to write my post off or just delete it just remember in america for every one person that speaks out there are at least a hundred more who think the same thing but just dont say it. i loved the site a whole heck of a lot more before it because about authority power and a business. and i think that might be the underlying thing hoop was talking about in the first post. not necessarily the whole 'search' thing, but the reason the 'search' issue is an issue.
The atmosphere hasn't changed... The meantality of the vehicle owners has. I have been around for a little more than a year, and started back on accordV6.com like some of you. But there was a huge difference then... no compitition between manufacturers... it was Honda and only Honda... The quality of people has changed, not the moderation.

Don't throw the BS about the site becoming Inc. into either... It has NO relevence in this discussion. And is it wasn't for some of the dedicated members on this site and accordV6.com there wouldn't be crap on the market for these cars. So rather than biting the hand that feeds you, thanks the staff that tries to keep this place clean. The ones that come on here day-in and day-out to help keep everything running smoothly. They are all volunteers. If you want to talk crap go over to SHO, cuz we won't stand for it here. If you wanna repost, don't get mad when some tells you it is a re-post. Use the "SEARCH" and find where it is.
Old January 7th, 2004, 07:49 PM   #13

Come on now, how hard is it really to type "resetting maintenance light" under the SEARCH function? The last time I did a search, it took me all of 10 secs. Yes, I timed it.

10 secs!!! That's all it took! Is that so much of your time to ask for?!
7thGenAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2004, 07:51 PM   #14

^ lol, you don't even need to type that much. Just search "maintenance" and you'll still get plenty of hits on the light. that might save a few seconds.
Old January 7th, 2004, 07:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by honda_girrrl
Come on now, how hard is it really to type "resetting maintenance light" under the SEARCH function? The last time I did a search, it took me all of 10 secs. Yes, I timed it.

Even my buddy Kari here... (a GIRL)... can use the SEARCH function successfully.....
Old January 7th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #16
EX-Featured Ride Coord.

Send a message via AIM to DaBenz7898 Send a message via MSN to DaBenz7898
Quote:
Originally posted by honda_girrrl on January 7th, 2004 at 09:49 PM

did people ever realize it takes longer to create a new thread, type up the question, then wait for people to reply rather than searching the topic and reading the info right away?? just a little common sense

Pics, mods, and latest updates:

** Click

** Click

DaBenz7898 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2004, 08:03 PM   #17
8th World Wonder

I feel you HOOP.

A users post telling you that you need to search is completely worthless. I like to go at people that do that regularly.
GotVtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2004, 08:16 PM   #18

A search is very CPU intensive, not bandwidth intensive. It uses little to no bandwidth.
But an ENTIRE new thread that 30 people look at will use MORE bandwidth and even more of the server space for the same thing that 40 people before you asked...
~i sit corrected

The atmosphere hasn't changed...
~aye that it has brother

The meantality of the vehicle owners has.
~so mentality changes but atmosphere doesnt?

I have been around for a little more than a year, and started back on accordV6.com like some of you. But there was a huge difference then... no compitition between manufacturers... it was Honda and only Honda...
~im not seeing how competition between manufacturers ties into
the backbiting that goes on here

The quality of people has changed, not the moderation.
~moderators arent people anymore?

Don't throw the BS about the site becoming Inc. into either...
~if you would like to call my opinion BS go ahead, you are entitled to your opinion also

It has NO relevence in this discussion.
~the relevance is that i see the incorporation as about the same time the atmosphere changed

And is it wasn't for some of the dedicated members on this site and accordV6.com there wouldn't be crap on the market for these cars.
~i do appreciate all the knowledge that is shared and the definite push that members have made to make aftermarket parts available for our cars, however to say that with out yall (presuming you are one of those that helped) there would be nothing out there for these cars is a bit prideful and arrogant at best wouldnt you think?

So rather than biting the hand that feeds you, thanks the staff that tries to keep this place clean.
~whos biting a hand here, if you feel you are bitten then ask yourself why you feel that way? if you cannot deal with a member who has some genuine concern for the well being of this site, then the problem lies with you. why would i bother posting all this if i didnt care? i would just stop posting and goto another site as you so wonderfully suggested i do.

The ones that come on here day-in and day-out to help keep everything running smoothly. They are all volunteers.
~Thank you. I really mean that. I know what its like to volunteer for something you are passionate about, and have people ruin it.

If you want to talk crap go over to SHO, cuz we won't stand for it here.
~if you wanna talk like this, dont bother try to recuit memebers they wont stand for it, they will go else where. see what kind of marketing power you have then.

If you wanna repost, don't get mad when some tells you it is a re-post.
~I dont repost. I dont get mad

Use the "SEARCH" and find where it is.
~I do search. and yes i know even girls can do it.
Old January 7th, 2004, 08:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally posted by davejax904 on January 7th, 2004 at 10:16 PM

~i sit corrected

Quote:
The atmosphere hasn't changed...
~aye that it has brother

The meantality of the vehicle owners has.
~so mentality changes but atmosphere doesnt?
We try to maintain the same atmosphere that the site has originally had, but that's tough to do when the site started out with around 2000 mainly older users and has now grown to over 7000 users, many of them younger and less mature. It's just the facts and demographics speaking that when a newer gen car comes out, people trade in the old ones, and younger folks that don't have the cash pick up the older cars and join here also.

Quote:
I have been around for a little more than a year, and started back on accordV6.com like some of you. But there was a huge difference then... no compitition between manufacturers... it was Honda and only Honda...
~im not seeing how competition between manufacturers ties into
the backbiting that goes on here
I haven't posted my Nissan vs Honda vs Toyota dyno comparison in awhile.

Quote:
The quality of people has changed, not the moderation.
~moderators arent people anymore?
No, we're called Nazi's now.

Quote:
Don't throw the BS about the site becoming Inc. into either...
~if you would like to call my opinion BS go ahead, you are entitled to your opinion also
Please see above comment about demographics and possibly reconsider. The incorporation of this place has had no effect whatsoever on the forums. It's just something at the top-level.

Quote:
It has NO relevence in this discussion.
~the relevance is that i see the incorporation as about the same time the atmosphere changed
And coincidentally, that was about the same time the site was getting huge gaining a lot of new members also, hence changing the demographics.

Quote:
And is it wasn't for some of the dedicated members on this site and accordV6.com there wouldn't be crap on the market for these cars.
~i do appreciate all the knowledge that is shared and the definite push that members have made to make aftermarket parts available for our cars, however to say that with out yall (presuming you are one of those that helped) there would be nothing out there for these cars is a bit prideful and arrogant at best wouldnt you think?
The comptech supercharger was finally made for the J-series V6 Honda cars because a few of the co-founders of this site were pushing for so long and so hard for it to be made. You're damn right we're prideful! Arrogant? naaah

If you want, I can name some more examples.

Quote:
So rather than biting the hand that feeds you, thanks the staff that tries to keep this place clean.
~whos biting a hand here, if you feel you are bitten then ask yourself why you feel that way? if you cannot deal with a member who has some genuine concern for the well being of this site, then the problem lies with you. why would i bother posting all this if i didnt care? i would just stop posting and goto another site as you so wonderfully suggested i do.
A lot of people have a lot of very strong opinions about things, but in the end, they really don't know what they're talking about. Prime example: The search function is bandwidth intensive. Totally and completely wrong.

Quote:
The ones that come on here day-in and day-out to help keep everything running smoothly. They are all volunteers.
~Thank you. I really mean that. I know what its like to volunteer for something you are passionate about, and have people ruin it.

Quote:
If you want to talk crap go over to SHO, cuz we won't stand for it here.
~if you wanna talk like this, dont bother try to recuit memebers they wont stand for it, they will go else where. see what kind of marketing power you have then.
He was referring more to the people that go on anti-moderator crusades and start endless pissing matches. Again, see above on site demographics.

Quote:
If you wanna repost, don't get mad when some tells you it is a re-post.
~I dont repost. I dont get mad

Use the "SEARCH" and find where it is.
~I do search. and yes i know even girls can do it.
Excellent!
Old January 7th, 2004, 09:08 PM   #20

^^^^^ see now thats what im talkin about
theres the love!
correction of a point of view without demeaning or belittling the person

:-)
-thanks for not posting the dynos
-i see the demographics thing you stated, however you have to admit that the incorporation happened with the change also, but i do agree that demographic change is more likely the cause.
-i am interested in what advances for our car, the dedicated members have accomplished, no im not being sarcastic, but it is something that should be made known, and a little bit of bragging is good. also its a bit of history of the site is it not? oh wait, should i search first? hahahaha
-some people have strong opinions and are wrong, but then u have 2 types after that, those that can admit it and those that cant. :-)
-thanks for enlightening me about the anti-mod crusades, i really was not aware of those. but it does show the atmosphere change that, i was only trying to point out what i thought the whole 'search' thing really boiled down too. a change in the atmosphere of the site.

edited. . .again. . . for spelling error, i give up
Old January 7th, 2004, 09:15 PM   #21
V6P wandering idiot

Send a message via AIM to chrisnick Send a message via Skype™ to chrisnick
oh god you made steve post like his crazy "owned" posts.... now you're gonna get it. i'd stop while you're ahead
chrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2004, 09:38 PM   #22

well, i thought what this ORIGINAL post was about was the fact that a question is asked, someone answers, and THEN, after its already answered, 15 people decide to post and say search, and comment, and crap like that. THAT can get very annoying and is very useless.

on the other side of the spectrum, we all know about the Maint. Req. light fiasco. it was reGODDAMNdiculous cuz it got asked daily. all it really takes is common sense to search. i mean, you go out to your car, see that, uh oh, a light is blinking. so you come on this site. do you think you are the first person in the history of accords to have a blinking light? or a knocking noise, or whatever? just like Kari said, do a 15 second search and see if there are any posts. if not, THEN make your thread, thats it. if the posts dont answer your question, then make a thread stating you searched, its that simple. at least, most of us see it as simple.

but back to what i think HOOP was talkin about, if the question in a thread has already been answered, saying SEARCH! isnt helping anything. maybe if you are the first person to explain to the cust, but being #15 does nothing for anyone.
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2004, 10:02 PM   #23

Searching is the best way to find the answer to your question. This is why the board is here, to help people with there cars .

Quote:
Originally posted by KCMC582 on January 7th, 2004 at 11:38 PM

but back to what i think HOOP was talkin about, if the question in a thread has already been answered, saying SEARCH! isnt helping anything. maybe if you are the first person to explain to the cust, but being #15 does nothing for anyone.
You can break down a search into individual posts (select option before performing a search) to make things easier. This would eliminate that little problem .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2004, 10:09 PM   #24

ok i found a problem with using the search function, half of the time when i search all of the threads i find never have any information in them because they all say "UTFS"
smokedoutv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 7th, 2004, 11:33 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally posted by davejax904 on January 7th, 2004 at 11:08 PM

^^^^^ see now thats what im talkin about
theres the love!
correction of a point of view without demeaning or belittling the person

:-)
OMG, let me mark the calendar. I did not get flamed but Toby did! There must have been a paradigm shift or something. Or were you being sarcastic? lol

Quote:
-some people have strong opinions and are wrong, but then u have 2 types after that, those that can admit it and those that cant. :-)
Could not agree more, and it demonstrates a considerable amount of maturity. In fact, that's a big part of the problem that we've had here in the past year. Lack of maturity (again, see demographics above) and the simple inability to admit when you're wrong. Hopefully that will change, and we're going to start cracking down on the people that repeatedly engage in such pissing matches to help get the atmosphere of the site back to where it was before. Believe me, the mod/admin team has noticed this as well and have been discussion the root source of the problem and how to fix it for awhile now.
Old January 8th, 2004, 07:21 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally posted by PlumAccordCoupe
Searching is the best way to find the answer to your question. This is why the board is here, to help people with there cars .

You can break down a search into individual posts (select option before performing a search) to make things easier. This would eliminate that little problem .
wait, how would that do anything? what im saying is lets say I make a post that asks "Will IS300 wheels fit on the accord?" and the first person who answers says "No, blah blah blah" then the next person says "do a search, its been discussed" and then again" search!" or "werd" etc etc. he got his answer in the first post, and was corrected in the second. why bother going on and on telling him to search over and over?
KCMC582 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2004, 09:53 AM   #27
bryan <3's bomex

I say we archive the old site since there was alot of useful information. Hey Steve, I havent seen your dyno graphs in ages. Pull em out bro!
mastadulog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2004, 10:26 AM   #28
Can I call myself OG yet?

Werd. . .

Im just playing. I joined this site in August. I have gotten so much information from so many people its not even funny. Sure, there are some asses who frequent this site, but for every 1 ass, there are at least 3, for lack of a better term, GOOD members. (ie: toby, chris, jenna, vic, chris, boris, and so on and so forth)

I have learned to take the good with the bad, and if I dont like something, I either ignore it, ask that it stop, or REPORT IT. There have been too many discussions about what we dont like about this site. I think that arguments are kinda dumb. . .but some of it serves a point.

The quality of the posts on this site COULD be better. The quality of the site itself COULD be better. It takes work, and time. Help out. Stop complaining, and just help. I try my damndest to keep things cool (even though I have no authority).
Old January 8th, 2004, 10:31 AM   #29

Wow, Im impressed. A real, hard core discusion without people getting all bent out of shape. Good stuff

This is what I want to see more from our members: being able to see the other side of the story and point of view and accept it as theirs, and talk about it instead of immediatly going full throttle flame. Thats been happening too much lately.
bored&stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2004, 01:28 PM   #30
___

Quote:
Originally posted by KCMC582 on January 8th, 2004 at 06:21 AM

wait, how would that do anything? what im saying is lets say I make a post that asks "Will IS300 wheels fit on the accord?" and the first person who answers says "No, blah blah blah" then the next person says "do a search, its been discussed" and then again" search!" or "werd" etc etc. he got his answer in the first post, and was corrected in the second. why bother going on and on telling him to search over and over?
I agree with this, once 1 person says SEARCH, it is redundant for 5 other people to say "yea, search!"

Quote:
Originally posted by AV6Driver on January 8th, 2004 at 09:26 AM

Im just playing. I joined this site in August. I have gotten so much information from so many people its not even funny. Sure, there are some asses who frequent this site, but for every 1 ass, there are at least 3, for lack of a better term, GOOD members. (ie: toby, chris, jenna, vic, chris, boris, and so on and so forth)

I have learned to take the good with the bad, and if I dont like something, I either ignore it, ask that it stop, or REPORT IT. There have been too many discussions about what we dont like about this site. I think that arguments are kinda dumb. . .but some of it serves a point.
Thanks And I agree with your point on "taking the good with the bad." There will always be people that annoy you, but you need to just learn to brush it off and not worry about it, it's the internet lol
borinka99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in