thoughts on buy sell and trade forum - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > HELP DESK > V6performance Forum Help/Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2004, 06:25 PM   #1

thoughts on buy sell and trade forum

I know we run things diffent here like any unique web site, but this site has a pretty hot for sale section. I wanted to post the rules from honda tech and open a discussion about them. I think that their bst forum is one of the better ones (with the exception of all the bumping) given the volume of posts on there. now I know THIS IS NOT HONDA TECH, and I am certainly not trying to tell anyone what to do, just some thoughts that I had to help make a good website even better!!!

stolen directly without permission from Www.honda-tech.com
enjoy...josh

1. Sales are limited to Automotive parts, tools, and Things that can be used on cars EX: Notebooks that you can use for Hondata.

2. Posts are Limited to normal quantity sales by members selling their parts. It should be people selling some used parts, something they bought and cant use.

3. Please Make one post with all the parts you have for sale, NOT 5 posts for 5 different parts. Please update your existing threads if you are selling more used parts and not make more threads. This keeps the Forum cleaner and easier to read. if you can not edit/update your thread please contact a moderator for help.

5. Anyone selling a Large ticket Item such as seats, Full interiors, Engines, body parts, and the like are Required to Email the moderators the VIN that the part came from, In case of engines a Picture of Both the Vin Plate and Serial# with Block code must be taken. (PLEASE NOTE - Include a link to your Post so that WE can put the 2 together.)

6. There is no such thing as "pick-up only" on Honda-Tech. If you can post an ad, you can pack it and ship it. This policy is in place so that EVERYONE can take advantage of people selling things, no matter what area you live in. International shipping is up to the discretion of the seller. If you don't like this policy, don't post here. It's free to do so, so please abide by these rules.

7. There will be no HIJACKING of threads or flaming of items. If you have an item up for sale please make a post for your own item. Do not place your ad in someonelse's thread. This creates problems and it's not fair for the original vendor of the item being sold.

Failure to conform to the above rules will result in your Post either being Deleted or Locked.

These Rules are in effect to protect the members of this board.

Thank You.
Classified Moderators
jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2004, 06:27 PM   #2

I like our rules.. no reason to limit it to car stuff only... VINs on motors is a good idea... but if I say you have to send it to me I take responsibility... I'd prefer the buyer take responsibility to make sure they don't get ripped off.
CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2004, 06:32 PM   #3

I think their idea was that they (as a site) would be held responsible if soemthing stolen was sold, kinda like how ebay goes ape **** if they get told somthing is stolen.

the biggest one that I am a fan of and if you saw an earlier post is the local only. it just sucks that people use this board to sell **** but then limit who they sell it to, if you want to sell soemthing local, post it in your local forum. its like saying well I have this cup of soda, but I am only going to sell it to a asian guy. (a huge stretch but bear with me, I am a good humor kinda guy so picture me smiling through the whole thing and not looking too serious)

I am not saying our rules are bad, just a different set of ideas.

Old January 20th, 2004, 06:38 PM   #4

Ah.. but by their rules I would have deleted your thread already
Old January 20th, 2004, 06:44 PM   #5

touche....perhaps this belongs in another forum but I didnt think anyone would care in general discussion...but you are rihgt it should probably be [email protected]!
Old January 20th, 2004, 06:48 PM   #6
V Go SoCal Drivers V

Send a message via AIM to bustedryde
Everything seems find already...'if it ain't broke, why fix it?'. Just use common sense.
bustedryde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2004, 09:13 PM   #7
bleh

i think our current rules are ok.

only thing that ive been thinking of is about setting prices. Sometimes the threads turn into bidding wars and dibs wars etc. If a price was set, the customer could decide right then and there if they would like to buy and at what price.
frank828 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2004, 09:38 PM   #8

i do like the idea of big ticket items need to be verified....so we dont have people signing up and trying to sell supercharges they stole pics of (i think you know what im talking about)
Nikerey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 21st, 2004, 12:52 AM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to aznfunkyflip
how about delete the thread once the item was sold? that way there's less traffic in our site and less lag. Just a thought 'coz that's what i do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

aznfunkyflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 21st, 2004, 01:11 AM   #10
bleh

Quote:
Originally posted by aznfunkyflip on January 20th, 2004 at 11:52 PM

how about delete the thread once the item was sold? that way there's less traffic in our site and less lag. Just a thought 'coz that's what i do.
i find it useful to have the old threads there to see what the item sold for.
frank828 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 21st, 2004, 01:33 AM   #11

Old threads are also useful in case something goes wrong. As the buyer it is your responsibility to check on big ticket items. We at V6P can take NO responsibility for private for sale stuff. Frank and I do our best to catch any problematic things but we can't get them all so you have to be careful. Thankfully things have been pretty good overall.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 08:31 AM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to aznfunkyflip
ok ... i understand your point. it was just a thought
aznfunkyflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in