New Software: Complaints... Suggestions.. Reminders.. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > HELP DESK > V6performance Forum Help/Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2004, 07:06 PM   #1

New Software: Complaints... Suggestions.. Reminders..

Ok, there are still A LOT, I repeat A LOT of things I still need to do to get this site fully operational.

But, if you see anything you don't like for whatever reason let me know.

Many things are already obvious to me, like homepage isn't up, etc. But tell me anyway, I don't wanna miss anything.

So please bear with me as we continue to go through upgrades this week and down the line.

Some new things to look at..
- Too many to list

Oh, timeslips database , see nav bar up top.

Something you may not like that I CAN'T change is show sig is checked by default if you have a sig. No way to change it, supposedly vb is working on that.
PMantis24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 7th, 2004, 07:17 PM   #2

There's a couple of little things I noticed in the User CP (Chapter Selection, Broken Images on the Standard Avatars). But, more importantly - Great Work! I'm in disbelief that you could pull all of this off in so little time. I know it took a lot of work... V6P is lucky to have someone like you.

jbbrann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2004, 07:21 PM   #3

-need to add the quick reply box at the bottom of the page
Spektor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 7th, 2004, 07:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektor02V6
-need to add the quick reply box at the bottom of the page
Aha, I knew I forgot to turn something on lol
Old July 7th, 2004, 08:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbrann
There's a couple of little things I noticed in the User CP (Chapter Selection, Broken Images on the Standard Avatars). But, more importantly - Great Work! I'm in disbelief that you could pull all of this off in so little time. I know it took a lot of work... V6P is lucky to have someone like you.

Done and done

Thanks for pointing out those errors... keep em coming.
Old July 7th, 2004, 10:05 PM   #6
Vimal (vee-mall)

Send a message via AIM to KnightRyder
there is one thing i noticed, you know how when you click on the "Forums" button and then you are brought to the page that shows all the forums, and the forums are grouped according to their main topics.. like Reviews, Classifieds, General Discussion, Car Specific Discussion... the writing underneath those titles is not in that "bar" 100%, it's hanging out of the bottom and looks wierd. Just a minor little problem to look into.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KnightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2004, 10:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRyder
there is one thing i noticed, you know how when you click on the "Forums" button and then you are brought to the page that shows all the forums, and the forums are grouped according to their main topics.. like Reviews, Classifieds, General Discussion, Car Specific Discussion... the writing underneath those titles is not in that "bar" 100%, it's hanging out of the bottom and looks wierd. Just a minor little problem to look into.
Actually there's no way to fix that but remove the description. I checked the demo skin and that's how they have it, no desc under the title.
Old July 7th, 2004, 10:30 PM   #8
HOOK 'EM

Send a message via AIM to blackdragon
Are you going to get more skinz? I don't like this bright stuff? I saw that you have to buy skinz, is that correct? If so, I'm willing to donate to V6P to get a darker skin or do I just click purchase skin from the site myself. Just curious.

Other than that, superb job, your work is greatly appreciated by all.

Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
blackdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2004, 10:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon
Are you going to get more skinz? I don't like this bright stuff? I saw that you have to buy skinz, is that correct? If so, I'm willing to donate to V6P to get a darker skin or do I just click purchase skin from the site myself. Just curious.

Other than that, superb job, your work is greatly appreciated by all.

Mark
Thanks!

Well, the current skin I'm using on the site I purchased myself awhile back. I was going to eventually buy a dark colored one.

But hey, since I don't get reimbursed for this stuff a donation would be great

If you wanna make a donation feel free to paypal me at [email protected]. Any amt would be fine
Old July 7th, 2004, 10:43 PM   #10

How's this one?
http://www.extremepixels.com/forum/index.php?styleid=37

Only thing is it takes a bit of time to customize them. Especially since I've put a bunch of hacks already. Nothing hard, just that it won't be up right away.
Old July 8th, 2004, 12:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantis24

Well, the current skin I'm using on the site I purchased myself awhile back. I was going to eventually buy a dark colored one.

I like the current default skin. The frames load very fast compared to the old default one and it look slightly better too . The space in-between each post window is a bit odd to look at though.

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 8th, 2004, 12:48 AM   #12
HOOK 'EM

Don't you get like 1 V6Point for each $10 donated? just curious.
That one is OK, personally I like the style of this one better http://www.extremepixels.com/forum/index.php?styleid=42

If possible, can you get that one as a donation from me? The old one I had one the old V6P site was the blue one.

/
Old July 8th, 2004, 11:33 AM   #13
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Did we lose the total number of posts in a thread? (when you're actually in that particular thread)

In other words, the individual posts are just numbered #1, #2, #3, etc, now, instead of 1 of 25, 2 of 25, etc.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 8th, 2004, 11:37 AM   #14
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
the arcade is not up yet?
Old July 8th, 2004, 12:49 PM   #15
Banned

the timeslip database plugin is SWEET, wish I had one to post up, or I would.

skin is fine, but more would be nice.

About donations....why not setup a v6p donation paypal box somewhere, so people could chip in a few bones here and there
98EXL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 8th, 2004, 12:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98EXL
the timeslip database plugin is SWEET, wish I had one to post up, or I would.

skin is fine, but more would be nice.

About donations....why not setup a v6p donation paypal box somewhere, so people could chip in a few bones here and there
Thanks!

We definately need more skins, I'll see if I can get one today. Yea, we had a paypal box, gotta put one back in
Old July 8th, 2004, 01:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du3ce
the arcade is not up yet?
What's an arcade
Old July 8th, 2004, 01:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Don't you get like 1 V6Point for each $10 donated? just curious.
That one is OK, personally I like the style of this one better http://www.extremepixels.com/forum/index.php?styleid=42

If possible, can you get that one as a donation from me? The old one I had one the old V6P site was the blue one.
Doh, somehow missed this post.

I just bought the one that I linked to. It's ok that was outta my pocket lol.

I wouldn't worry too much about v6p points right now, I got all your pts info saved but I have yet to find a good replacement for the actual system. Plus the execs are still trying to figure out how points will be used like towards discounts, etc.

Well, if you want the skin that you linked me too feel free to get a couple of people to donate a couple of bucks, if you hit $30, I'll buy it and customize it for the site, I'll even put on the bottom of the page "Skin donated by blackdragon"
Old July 8th, 2004, 01:46 PM   #19

When I choose "View New Posts" and look thru it, and then hit the refresh button (the IE button), it doesn't update the post list to the most current list (and therefore add the posts that were made since I first hit the "View New Posts" button). It used to update it. Is that the way it'll be from now on, or will it work like it used to eventually?

Do you even know what I'm talking about here? Anybody else notice it?

Last edited by 03LXV6Guy; July 8th, 2004 at 01:48 PM..
Old July 8th, 2004, 01:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6Guy
When I choose "View New Posts" and look thru it, and then hit the refresh button (the IE button), it doesn't update the post list to the most current list (and therefore add the posts that were made since I first hit the "View New Posts" button). It used to update it. Is that the way it'll be from now on, or will it work like it used to eventually?

Do you even know what I'm talking about here? Anybody else notice it?
Yea, I mentioned that to someone in another post.

Unfortunately that's not in my control, I'm starting to get used to it, cause I use to just hit refresh in IE too.

I was browsing the VB forums and they said that's just how it is.

From now on when you want it to fresh, just hit View New Posts again. I made it so that that link is always up there. So almost like your refresh button relocated.

Here, one of many posts with the same answer... just so you know I'm not lying cause I'm lazy to fix it lol
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94770
Old July 8th, 2004, 01:55 PM   #21

Quote:
From now on when you want it to fresh, just hit View New Posts again. I made it so that that link is always up there. So almost like your refresh button relocated.
Cool. Yea, that'll help having it always there. Just gotta get used to it.

Did you see my post #13? About the total number of posts in a thread you're viewing. Is that a casualty of the new backbone also?
Old July 8th, 2004, 02:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6Guy
Cool. Yea, that'll help having it always there. Just gotta get used to it.

Did you see my post #13? About the total number of posts in a thread you're viewing. Is that a casualty of the new backbone also?
Yes another unfortunate casualty. Back on the old site that was a hack, on the new vb, it's standard but different.

Later on I'll look into adding the post total just like the old way, but that's low priority right now
Old July 8th, 2004, 02:04 PM   #23

No problem...... thanks for the reply.

Keep up the good work.
Old July 8th, 2004, 03:24 PM   #24
Vimal (vee-mall)

the new skin is EXACTLY what i was looking for, darkness . Thanks for buying it Francis! You Da MAN! hahaha. When you say customize the skin, does that mean you can change the color of things? One thing that would be good are the green lines to be in red or blue or something, green is wierd since it doesnt flow with anything of the current V6P color scheme which is basically black, red, silver, white, etc.

just a suggestion.

Francis, if i had paypal, i'd send some money over but since i dont have it, maybe i'll just give the cash in person to Maurice or something.

edit: oh, im sure you know this already but, in this new skin, many of the buttons on the Nav bar up top are missing.

Last edited by KnightRyder; July 8th, 2004 at 03:28 PM..
Old July 8th, 2004, 03:50 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRyder
the new skin is EXACTLY what i was looking for, darkness . Thanks for buying it Francis! You Da MAN! hahaha. When you say customize the skin, does that mean you can change the color of things? One thing that would be good are the green lines to be in red or blue or something, green is wierd since it doesnt flow with anything of the current V6P color scheme which is basically black, red, silver, white, etc.

just a suggestion.

Francis, if i had paypal, i'd send some money over but since i dont have it, maybe i'll just give the cash in person to Maurice or something.

edit: oh, im sure you know this already but, in this new skin, many of the buttons on the Nav bar up top are missing.
By customize I mean, all the hacks I applied to the previous skins I have to apply to the new ones. Every little thing. It's subtle to you guys, but for me it's plain TEDIOUS! lol

Yea, I know there aren't any buttons, that's another customizing thing, I have to make those buttons lol, at least they give me a PSD template.

Green lines are kinda cool, I'm not going to play with that now cause I'll have to go search the code to see where it's being applied.

I better get back to some real work before I get fired.
Old July 8th, 2004, 04:00 PM   #26
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
Quote:
What's an arcade
games
Old July 8th, 2004, 04:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du3ce
games
I know I was being a wise ass lol, you'll have to wait for that. It's not a priority right now.

If you got some time, mind creating a poll on it. I know the arcades were popular when I first put them in, but then they kinda died out. I could be wrong, but I wanna see it in a poll. Thanks.
Old July 8th, 2004, 06:49 PM   #28
HOOK 'EM

Quote:
Doh, somehow missed this post.

I just bought the one that I linked to. It's ok that was outta my pocket lol.

I wouldn't worry too much about v6p points right now, I got all your pts info saved but I have yet to find a good replacement for the actual system. Plus the execs are still trying to figure out how points will be used like towards discounts, etc.

Well, if you want the skin that you linked me too feel free to get a couple of people to donate a couple of bucks, if you hit $30, I'll buy it and customize it for the site, I'll even put on the bottom of the page "Skin donated by blackdragon"

Money has been sent to you via PayPal. thanks again for all your diligent work.

/
Old July 8th, 2004, 07:07 PM   #29

Quote:
Money has been sent to you via PayPal. thanks again for all your diligent work.
Wow, thanks Mark!

Skin bought, now to upload and customize it. I'll let you know when it's up so you can use it.
Old July 8th, 2004, 07:15 PM   #30
Vimal (vee-mall)

changes to the fusion skin look great!

i like the red better but the top most bar is still green, but thats ok

good work.

edit:
Francis, when i get some time, i'll try to make some new headers for the different skins using the current banner, i'll just add on to it so it looks good with everything else. i like how the current banner splits in two pieces and goes to the outsides to make it look like it takes up the whole space... seems better this way than having the banner pushed to one side.

i'll email them to you in a couple days.

Last edited by KnightRyder; July 8th, 2004 at 07:20 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in