Reputation System - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > HELP DESK > V6performance Forum Help/Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:28 AM   #1
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
Reputation System

a system where a minimium of 50 Rep Point and 50 Posts before people are allowed to access the B/S/T Section. This will prevent unrealiable people to sell items. Etc...

"Taken from my the a5og.net forum"

The reputation system is provided by the A5OG so that the members can recognize the people that they feel provide good advice, colorful and meaningful posts, or people with whom they've had dealings with on the field or in the BST section.

To give reputation, click on the "Reputation" Link above the Reputation box on any post that the user has made that you wish to leave feedback on.

This will bring up This window:

From here, you can select to Approve of the Post that the User has made which will ADD to the User's reputation or you can select to Disapprove and SUBTRACT from that user's reputation.

Once you select approve or disapprove, you MUST put a brief description for the reason you are giving or taking reputation points to/from that user.

The reputation points system does have a few rules that need to be followed:
You MUST include a description for the reputation hit in the "Comments" section of the Pop-Up Window. failure to do so will be met with very LARGE reputation hits from the moderators.
If you're using a pyramid scheme to get people to "rep" you to build your score up, we WILL find out and we WILL hammer your rep score and those involved in the scheme to NEGATIVE levels.
When you see a post that is helpful, colorful, meaningful, cool, etc... Leave an "I Approve" reputation feedback. When you see a flame, personal attack, spam, etc, leave an "I Disapprove reputation feedback.
Reputation hits are regulated by Post count, time served on the forum and overall reputation score. Here's how you figure your reputation power:
For every 365 days you are registered on the forum, you gain 1 point of Reputation Power.
For every 500 posts you have you gain 1 point of reputation power.
For every 100 reputation points you have you gain 1 point of reputation power.
You must have at least 15 posts and 1 reputation points before your reputation power is effective on the forum. You can still leave feedback though.
You are allowed to give up to 20 reputation hits per day, but you cannot hit the same person again until you have given reputation hits to at least 20 other people. This helps stop people from forming rep schemes.
ANY violation of the reputation system will result in your reputation being GUTTED to -1000 points. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Reputation points are very important to the forum since these points are required to gain access to te Buy/Sell/Trade section and the forum Sponsors and Supporters section.

Just for reference.
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2005, 09:49 PM   #2
I hate my Ford

Send a message via AIM to timdastis
ive seen this on other forums too...its a cool idea and it lets u know who's who around the forums
timdastis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 12th, 2005, 09:59 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
I agree, I remember seeing this used in the body building forums, when someone here showed us a thread about this kid who thought he looked like 50 cent.
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 13th, 2005, 01:47 AM   #4

I have seen this system before on other forums. It would be a good idea to use this type of system for our Classifieds forum: http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...splay.php?f=82 .

Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in