vtecv6 please read - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > HELP DESK > V6performance Forum Help/Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2006, 10:38 AM   #1

vtecv6 please read

First and foremost, this thread isn't made to attack you on your moderator qualities or any of the sort. You're a great member to this website and you're input and comments are wonderful- they serve a purpose to the v6p community and that's great.

With that said and out of the way, the reason I'm posting on a thread and not through PM is to get other people's opinion on this subject-matter as well. Please note, I'm in no way trying to start a fight, just trying to do this in a respectful way..

Basically, I'm having a huge problem with your modding policies on closing threads straight out of the blue. For example, the other thread you yourself initially made concerning the scam was closed because YOU thought there was "whining" and that the "intelligence threshold" was dissipating.. another member posted the same thing I was trying to decipher and understand- "what whining??"

But what good is pointing out a problem without offering a viable solution to it as well right? How about some kind of notice that you dont like the direction the thread is heading towards? Or a simple- "if you post this type of comment again I'm permanently going to be deleting your posts on here".. something of that sort?

You keep closing threads with no public justification other than your own private justification.. I know you're a moderator but use it with caution..

The thread still had more input to be made and a good debate was going on with the role of the Secret Service and whatnot.

Thank you for taking the time to read my concern.
-Armand
PaKiRiCaN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 6th, 2006, 10:41 AM   #2
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
i echo his sentiments. i too am left wondering, are these threads getting "pre-emptive" strikes to prevent an all out nuclear fallout?

btw i didnt realize my dog = alf comment was taken seriously, i was just trying to get some humor going on that front. i just pmed pitboss to clear that up.

btw how much does it cost for each thread to keep running?

Last edited by OwAce; February 6th, 2006 at 10:46 AM..
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:09 AM   #3
Formerly VTEC-v6!

-I close threads before I go off on somebody and start a flame war.
-I close threads when they are going nowhere but downhill.
-I close threads when the discussion gets so rediculously stupid and it only makes this forum look worse by leaving it open.

It's called proactive moderating and for us, we LOVE closing threads compared to doing damage control after a flame war breaks out and all our feelings get hurt. If you could watch what I spend my time doing on V6P and the PM's I have to respond to everyday, you would understand much better. I can understand your viewpoint that you may not see the reason behind everything I do here, but be assured it's for the forum's best interest, and not my own personal satisfaction.

Honestly I find half the threads posted on here rather apalling and can't believe our member base makes some of the comments it does. I close thread, delete posts, PM users before they have a chance to make an ass out of theirselves. By doing this, I'm making this a better place for YOU guys--the members that make this community what it is. If you want to see a forum that doesn't practice proactive moderating of this type, go look at SHO. They let the idiots duke it out and ruin the place, and THEN they do something about it. We're all about making this a good place for the members here, and sometimes that requires snuffing an issue before it becomes serious.

If you have anymore questions let me know

-James
Gone but not forgotten:
  • 2010 BMW 135i (500hp, JB4 w/ E85)
  • 2013 Honda Accord 4dr EX-L
  • 2002 Honda Accord 4dr EX-V6
  • 1999 Honda Accord 4dr LX
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 6th, 2006, 11:19 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC-v6!
-I close threads when the discussion gets so rediculously stupid and it only makes this forum look worse by leaving it open.

It's called proactive moderating and for us, we LOVE closing threads compared to doing damage control after a flame war breaks out and all our feelings get hurt. If you could watch what I spend my time doing on V6P and the PM's I have to respond to everyday, you would understand much better. I can understand your viewpoint that you may not see the reason behind everything I do here, but be assured it's for the forum's best interest, and not my own personal satisfaction.

Honestly I find half the thread posted on here rather apalling and can't believe our member base makes some of the comments it does. I close thread, delete posts, PM users before they have a chance to make an ass out of theirselves. By doing this, I'm making this a better place for YOU guys the members that make this community what it is. If you want to see a forum that doesn't practice proactive moderating of this type, go look at SHO. They let the idiots duke it out and ruin the place, and THEN they do something about it. We're all about making this a good place for the members here, and sometimes that requires snuffing an issue before it becomes serious.

-James
So what ever happened to the "7th Gen Supercharger SERIOUSLY" thread by 6-speed demon?

The only thing I get are error messages as Owace pointed out earlier in another thread he made. I can't access any posts or threads by that member and I wanted to know if any updates have been made.

Wondering if this was a mod decision or something on the board that can be improved.
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:21 AM   #5
Formerly VTEC-v6!

That was a mod decision, and we're thinking about bringing that one back by the way
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #6

Quote:
That was a mod decision, and we're thinking about bringing that one back by the way
Really what was the reason for taking it down, just curious?

Glad to hear that its being brought back.
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:30 AM   #7
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Some people couldn't control themselves, once we get a chance to clean it out, it will be back
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Some people couldn't control themselves, once we get a chance to clean it out, it will be back
Well I wouldn't be worried about others controling themselves, instead I would be worried if others will be containing the excitement and joy for a 7th gen supercharger
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:19 PM   #9
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-Speed Demon
Quote:
Watch out because theres a 'sport package' that makes it look like the SRT, but really its just another 5.7L "Hemi" [sic] No 8.3L monster there...
Im not an idoit, I know my cars, it was real...So from now on, don't question my knowledge, ASS!!
That's why it got pulled, I wasn't about to put up with another idiot
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:21 PM   #10
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Let me add this thread too:

Quote:
So apparently, I was talking **** to a moderator, v-tec v6, and he wants to be a tough guy, so he deleted my thread on my supercharger project. So I want you all to personally thank him for ruining any chances of a DIY or any communication as to the progress of the project......because I am about to get banned!!!

v-tec v6, I want you to go [email protected]$K YOURSELF!!! You are a wannabe tough guy ******!!! I didn't break any rules or do anything wrong in my post and I never once talked **** to you, so go fly a ****ing kite, you dirty cock munch!!! I hope your girlfriend, sisters and mom all get Crabs!!!

6-Speed Demon

P.S. Go **** yourself again for good measure

And for reference, it wasn't his thread in specific that was pulled...it was all of them. The reason being is that we have Comptech employees browsing this site, and we don't want them to see who they are REALLY working with

Any questions?
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Let me add this thread too:

And for reference, it wasn't his thread in specific that was pulled...it was all of them. The reason being is that we have Comptech employees browsing this site, and we don't want them to see who they are REALLY working with

Any questions?

Damn

Thanks for keeping V6P clean James
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #12
indoctidiscant

see, now we all feel so much better. rather than just think that this is an authoritarian board. you gotta remember ppl like to question why stuff happens, keeping it hidden just gives rise to conspiracy theory.

which brings me to another point, why cant i view 2fast4u99s posts?

btw, ty for keeping this place clean.

do you think i could get an answer on the cost of a thread? you can pm if you want to keep it private.
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:56 PM   #13
Formerly VTEC-v6!

He probably had all of his pulled as well. And if we were to have like a wall of shame or a public banning list, it would make us look even more ban happy than everyone already things we are. Currently the list is well over 200 people long and it would look rediculous...plus some of the members have been removed due to issues that are private or that do not need to be discussed with the public
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:56 PM   #14
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce
do you think i could get an answer on the cost of a thread? you can pm if you want to keep it private.
I don't have a clue
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #15
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Quote:
So apparently, I was talking **** to a moderator, v-tec v6, and he wants to be a tough guy, so he deleted my thread on my supercharger project. So I want you all to personally thank him for ruining any chances of a DIY or any communication as to the progress of the project......because I am about to get banned!!!

v-tec v6, I want you to go [email protected]$K YOURSELF!!! You are a wannabe tough guy ******!!! I didn't break any rules or do anything wrong in my post and I never once talked **** to you, so go fly a ****ing kite, you dirty cock munch!!! I hope your girlfriend, sisters and mom all get Crabs!!!

6-Speed Demon

P.S. Go **** yourself again for good measure

To this I'll just add that there are a lot of people on this site just like this who honestly don't know that crap posts like these are against the rules here completely. He is not the only one, and James and I have been spending about 90% of our time on this site lately doing pretty much nothing but deal with BS like this. So to anybody wondering why he and I have been getting a bit testy lately (ban, thread lock, and post delete happy), this is the reason. James and I are both here to keep this site both enjoyable and also informative and intelligent. There seems to be a number of people here that just want to make this site their own little flaming cess pool of bull**** though, and these people just need to GTFO and go elsewhere. That kind of crap is not allowed her, never has been, and never will be either. Go to SHO for that.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #16
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Just to add another quick point to Steve's post...we both possess a great wealth of automobile knowledge, him far more so than myself--but when we have to put up with jackasses like 6-Speed Demon, we don't have time to share it with you guys. Steve doesn't have time to write the tech articles that run through his engiNERD head all day, we don't have time to make meaningful replies to posts as much as we want to. It's people like that which ruin the forum for the rest of you and that's why we've been bringing down the so-called "Iron Hammer" recently because we're fed up to the point that we're ready to enforce a no-tolerance policy on these people.
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:27 PM   #17
indoctidiscant

lol, but could you guys answer the posts in which we call for help? i appreciate the help on the exhaust post.

im calling for help on the new fangled fuel intake thingymajiggyy..

Old February 6th, 2006, 01:34 PM   #18
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Quote:
im calling for help on the new fangled fuel intake thingymajiggyy..
That's like calling for your parents because you think the boogie man's in your closet or something, I'll write about that when my brain returns to a normal and discombobulated state since I read their site.
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #19
indoctidiscant

Quote:
That's like calling for your parents because you think the boogie man's in your closet or something, I'll write about that when my brain returns to a normal and discombobulated state since I read their site.
or it could be like calling for your math teacher to explain why side^2 + side^2 = hypotenuse ^2.
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #20
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC
To this I'll just add that there are a lot of people on this site just like this who honestly don't know that crap posts like these are against the rules here completely. He is not the only one, and James and I have been spending about 90% of our time on this site lately doing pretty much nothing but deal with BS like this. So to anybody wondering why he and I have been getting a bit testy lately (ban, thread lock, and post delete happy), this is the reason. James and I are both here to keep this site both enjoyable and also informative and intelligent. There seems to be a number of people here that just want to make this site their own little flaming cess pool of bull**** though, and these people just need to GTFO and go elsewhere. That kind of crap is not allowed her, never has been, and never will be either. Go to SHO for that.

I agree I have noticed a lot of other sites, like SHO being filled with junk and I feel that a lot of times threads disapear premature but I'm sure they have the experiance to know when the **** is gonna hit the fan...and p.s. I hate it when people change their avatar like stevtec becuase then i don't know who it is that is posting LOL...i always associated him with the dilbert trash guy...damn you for changing LOL
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 6th, 2006, 03:22 PM   #21
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
yeah Steve...com'on Bon Jovi!?
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 6th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #22
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder
yeah Steve...com'on Bon Jovi!?
X2 i want the trash guy back...
Old February 6th, 2006, 04:24 PM   #23
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Quote:
or it could be like calling for your math teacher to explain why side^2 + side^2 = hypotenuse ^2.
Heh I was being sarcastic
Old February 6th, 2006, 04:25 PM   #24
Formerly VTEC-v6!

It's not based on bon jovi...it's representative of "KOOL-AID," he will explain
Old February 6th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #25

Quote:

Honestly I find half the threads posted on here rather apalling and can't believe our member base makes some of the comments it does. I close thread, delete posts, PM users before they have a chance to make an ass out of theirselves. By doing this, I'm making this a better place for YOU guys--the members that make this community what it is. If you want to see a forum that doesn't practice proactive moderating of this type, go look at SHO. They let the idiots duke it out and ruin the place, and THEN they do something about it. We're all about making this a good place for the members here, and sometimes that requires snuffing an issue before it becomes serious.

-James
Thanks for the respectful and timely response James Like I said, I really do respect you as a member of v6p and you usually have great input on topics at hand..

However, I still feel most of what you replied here is just mindless mitigation and I don't really buy it (but it's my respectful opinion).

If I could close threads everytime I feel like I'm going to go off on someone v6p would be threadless. Seriously, your subjective-like nature of modding is seriously annoying me bro. How about a more laid back approach- I totally completely feel you on the whole we shouldnt let this place get trashed up but I really feel the two threads I've personally seen you close were for warrantless reasons.

Furthermore, closing threads when they are "going nowhere but downhill" is in your own opinion. I mean seriously, give the thread a chance. Why not use my suggestions of warning people ON the thread about their comments detracting FROM the thread- let them know the next time they do it their posts will be deleted and habitual actions similar to what you warned will lead to a permanent ban from the forum.

As far as deleting things when they ridiculously stupid.. I'm with ya.. but not on the two I've seen.. give the thread a chance.

Better yet!.. as a Moderator of this wonderful forum RE-DIRECT the thread back to the original thread-makers intentions.. don't just delete it. Create a brightline and increase our education through the thread itself.

Look, you and I are posting here and leaving feedback why?- Because we both care and I think that's wonderful.

I would hope you'd take my concerns to heart and use more discretion that what you've been doing before the deletion of threads.

This will be my last post on the matter- just wanted my sentiments to be heard and I'm sure many others feel the same way.

Thank you very much (and Steve also) for making v6p a great place to be a part of

Armand
Old February 6th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #26
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Old February 6th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #27
Formerly VTEC-v6!

^I posted that because you REALLY don't want to read my response to your last post
Old February 6th, 2006, 05:29 PM   #28

Quote:
^I posted that because you REALLY don't want to read my response to your last post
So much for the proper respect but hey, no worries.. it's mutual
(just thought i should let ya know)

Last edited by PaKiRiCaN; February 6th, 2006 at 05:31 PM..
Old February 6th, 2006, 05:48 PM   #29

^^I wanna read it james!!!
maying856 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 6th, 2006, 05:59 PM   #30
indoctidiscant

oh dear.. oh dear here comes the smackdown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in