Member's Ride Threads (and sub forum) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > HELP DESK > V6performance Forum Help/Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #1
no, i dont drift..

Send a message via AIM to mondojackal
Member's Ride Threads (and sub forum)

i am a member on cb7tuner.com as well as here on v6p. same username and everything, and i've been on there for a while. while browsing on here though, i find a part that i like on someone's car, and i have to go and PM them about what it is, or search for "more posts by so-and-so" and try to find out what it is that he or she has on his or her car.

i suggest that we make a "Member's Ride" Subforum in the General Discussion Forum.

have a chosen pic of the car (the favorite or best one, or just one that someone wants everyone to see) then have a Modifications List. (performance, interior, exterior, suspension/wheels, miscellaneous, etc.) then show more pics of the cars. That way, if anyone wants to see what someone has on their car, or just browse through and then be able to see what they like and how it looks on each car, they can easily do so. also, its kinds fun to keep up with it, and just go backand see how much everyone's car has changed over time. and you have everyone's pics, and information all in one spot.

*edit* here'shere's&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]"> a link to the cb7tuner forum. i hope that yall take this under consideration, and go through with it.

Last edited by mondojackal; September 13th, 2006 at 11:50 AM..
mondojackal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 13th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #2
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠

Send a message via AIM to lowincash Send a message via MSN to lowincash
we already have a sticky of everybody's mods and stuffs...just not much pics
lowincash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 13th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #3
Jan/Feb '06 ROTM

Send a message via AIM to Dinzdale40
i think it's a cool idea...i hate searching through long threads for stuff...it would be nice to have a forum with people's screennames as thread titles and you can find current pics...older pics..and what they are currently doing now...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Official Slammed Club Member #004 Stage 2
Dinzdale40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 13th, 2006, 06:12 PM   #4
no, i dont drift..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinzdale40
i think it's a cool idea...i hate searching through long threads for stuff...it would be nice to have a forum with people's screennames as thread titles and you can find current pics...older pics..and what they are currently doing now...
werd..
thats my point. its all in one place. and they have pics to go along with parts. helps so much when you're browsing for possible buys you might want in the future.
Old September 13th, 2006, 06:17 PM   #5
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
yeah that would be nice. i mean, geez, most of everyone here has a photoshoot every now and then. lol..

no offense.
Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 13th, 2006, 08:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondojackal
i am a member on cb7tuner.com as well as here on v6p. same username and everything, and i've been on there for a while. while browsing on here though, i find a part that i like on someone's car, and i have to go and PM them about what it is, or search for "more posts by so-and-so" and try to find out what it is that he or she has on his or her car.

i suggest that we make a "Member's Ride" Subforum in the General Discussion Forum.

have a chosen pic of the car (the favorite or best one, or just one that someone wants everyone to see) then have a Modifications List. (performance, interior, exterior, suspension/wheels, miscellaneous, etc.) then show more pics of the cars. That way, if anyone wants to see what someone has on their car, or just browse through and then be able to see what they like and how it looks on each car, they can easily do so. also, its kinds fun to keep up with it, and just go backand see how much everyone's car has changed over time. and you have everyone's pics, and information all in one spot.

*edit* here'shere's&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]"> a link to the cb7tuner forum. i hope that yall take this under consideration, and go through with it.
word, that is a good idea, i use to browse cb7tuner a whole lot when i had my 92 4dr ex, its so easy to access a members page and get info instead of searching, by the way what kind of cb7 you have?
Gen7V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 13th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #7
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
i agree hence me suggesting a seperate photo forum
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 13th, 2006, 08:33 PM   #8
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
The only problem I would foresee with this idea would be keeping it organized and up to date. Constantly sorting pictures and info. Then how would it be organized? Part specific? User specific? Car make and model specific? Modification specific? People in the 7th gen section can barely keep their topics itemized. Actually, I take that back. They can't.

Although a good initial idea and forethought, sounds like a pain in the azz.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 13th, 2006, 08:39 PM   #9
no, i dont drift..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen7V6
word, that is a good idea, i use to browse cb7tuner a whole lot when i had my 92 4dr ex, its so easy to access a members page and get info instead of searching, by the way what kind of cb7 you have?
but i have a 92 dx sedan. not exactly the prettiest, but it gets me around. i have sportlines, illuminas, 18s wrapped in BFG g-Force kdw's and urethane bushings all around. handles amazingly. i love it when people wanna ride my butt through a turn..yeah right.
Old September 13th, 2006, 08:56 PM   #10
no, i dont drift..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder
The only problem I would foresee with this idea would be keeping it organized and up to date. Constantly sorting pictures and info. Then how would it be organized? Part specific? User specific? Car make and model specific? Modification specific? People in the 7th gen section can barely keep their topics itemized. Actually, I take that back. They can't.

Although a good initial idea and forethought, sounds like a pain in the azz.
umm, you didnt click on the provided link, did you? didnt think so. probably should have, it would have saved me the time of this post, and you the time of yours. but, for everyone else who wont click on that link, here we go..

you have an open forum. the topic of each thread goes like this:

username: Year Model Trim-Line

example

mondojackal: 1992 Accord DX

then, in the actual thread, i have a "best pic" of my car.
then under that, i have categories for modifications:

Exterior:
list of exterior mods..

Interior:
list of interior mods..

Performance:
list of performance mods..

Suspension/Wheels/Tires:
list of suspension/wheels/tires..

any other questions??

here's yet another link to my own personal member's ride thread.
mondojackal's Member's Ride Thread

Last edited by mondojackal; September 13th, 2006 at 09:02 PM..
Old September 13th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #11
BULLPOO

You orginally posted this without a link right??

So you want V6p to become cardomain?

I still think it's hideously messy and wont solve your 'searching' problems.
Old September 13th, 2006, 09:34 PM   #12
no, i dont drift..

Quote:
You orginally posted this without a link right??

So you want V6p to become cardomain?

I still think it's hideously messy and wont solve your 'searching' problems.
no offense, but i cant state the plain and clear facts any more plain and clear. the original post, and the post right before the post im quoting BOTH have links in them to the site that i am getting the idea from. check it out on that site, browse around, see that it has worked for 3 years, and being that we have just a few members, i think that it will probably work into the future. its a much better idea than what is going on now. i mean, come on, can you be more disorganized than utter "non-organization"?

Last edited by mondojackal; September 13th, 2006 at 09:50 PM..
Old September 13th, 2006, 09:59 PM   #13
BULLPOO

What I was asking is if you posted the link before you edited your post. Reason I asked that was because I originally read this thread at work this morning, and then posted when I got home. I don't remember seeing the link when I was at work.
Old September 13th, 2006, 10:10 PM   #14
no, i dont drift..

yeah, i added it after i had originally posted it, but you must have had some crazy timing. it only took me like 30 seconds to add the link to the page after i got to cb7tuner.com. haha
crazy stuff.

but, do check around cb7tuner, and see if you guys like it. i think its a great idea, and will really help out the whole site. thats why i suggested it.
Old September 13th, 2006, 10:25 PM   #15
BULLPOO

Very crazy timing. What sucks is I could have re-read the first post one I got home from work.

I'm not personally attacking you or the suggestion. I'm sure it works great for that website.

I still think my original question of organization applies. That website is model specific. This website is not. There aren't just 5th, 6th, or 7th gen Honda Accords here. Hell, we have tons of 4 bangers too such as myself. So, I do think categorizing will be an issue. It may still be worth a try. With proper sub-sectioning it may work. A whole new section will probably have to be created. Maybe under the photo section, or one all to itself.
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:49 AM   #16
no, i dont drift..

Quote:
Very crazy timing. What sucks is I could have re-read the first post one I got home from work.

I'm not personally attacking you or the suggestion. I'm sure it works great for that website.

I still think my original question of organization applies. That website is model specific. This website is not. There aren't just 5th, 6th, or 7th gen Honda Accords here. Hell, we have tons of 4 bangers too such as myself. So, I do think categorizing will be an issue. It may still be worth a try. With proper sub-sectioning it may work. A whole new section will probably have to be created. Maybe under the photo section, or one all to itself.
ah, i get what you're saying. perhaps just go as the forums are, and have each gen (4 or 6 cylinders, no matter) in a seperately subdivided forum.

or, another completely different idea that may fly, but i dont really like it, for then it destroys the whole idea of organizing it in the first place, is to put a member's ride thread inside each subforum (7G av6, 6G av6, 5G av6, etc.).
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:41 PM   #17
Something Something Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Doom
Click the link that says "mods" in my sig. It takes me directly to my post in the Sigs thread where you can see all my mods. You can edit it also whenever you update it for a quick snapshot of your mods. If you want to post more info on your car, you guys are more than welcome to make a thread on the history of your car and just link it on your sig.

I understand your suggestion but I do not have the ability to add sections. I think the above would be a great workaround for what you're trying to accomplish.

Doom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 14th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #18
no, i dont drift..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom
Click the link that says "mods" in my sig. It takes me directly to my post in the Sigs thread where you can see all my mods. You can edit it also whenever you update it for a quick snapshot of your mods. If you want to post more info on your car, you guys are more than welcome to make a thread on the history of your car and just link it on your sig.

I understand your suggestion but I do not have the ability to add sections. I think the above would be a great workaround for what you're trying to accomplish.
but that completely cuts out the ability of anyone to just browse through member's rides and just check out what people are putting on their cars. and, if you do do as you suggest, what forum do all of these "Modification Threads" go in/under?

*edit* if you put it in the "Sigs Thread," then that will just clutter that thread up. therefore making that idea not a good idea. someone already mentioned something about not wanting to clutter or disorganize the forum any more than it already is.

Last edited by mondojackal; September 14th, 2006 at 09:06 PM..
Old September 14th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #19

The sigs thread is not cluttered because it wasn't made to browse through. It's made just to store sigs so that rather than seeing really long sigs, you can link your sig.

I see your forum and I personally am not going to click on every thread just to see what each member has but that's just me. I don't see how it's organized either because each thread is bumped everytime someone posts. You'd have to make an NA section, turbo section, JDM section swap to have it really organized.

IMO, most members realize what someone has by reading their posts and realizing, oh wow he has a turbo, or he has a engine swap, etc. The official 5th, 6th, 7th gen pic threads also show what each member has. From there you have a better idea what someone has when they show the photos. That's just my opinion anyways.
Old September 15th, 2006, 08:19 AM   #20
no, i dont drift..

Quote:
The sigs thread is not cluttered because it wasn't made to browse through. It's made just to store sigs so that rather than seeing really long sigs, you can link your sig.

I see your forum and I personally am not going to click on every thread just to see what each member has but that's just me. I don't see how it's organized either because each thread is bumped everytime someone posts. You'd have to make an NA section, turbo section, JDM section swap to have it really organized.

IMO, most members realize what someone has by reading their posts and realizing, oh wow he has a turbo, or he has a engine swap, etc. The official 5th, 6th, 7th gen pic threads also show what each member has. From there you have a better idea what someone has when they show the photos. That's just my opinion anyways.
so you are telling me that you know what suspension setup someone has just from lookin at pictures of their car?

also, i already mentioned having the forums sub-divided by generation. who cares about turbo and all that other stuff. most people are going to just be lookin for generic parts (shocks, springs, intake, lip kits, that sort of thing). chances are, if someone is looking seriously at turbo stuff, then they know how to "search this forum" and type in "turbo psi" or whatever other aspect of turbocharging that they were hoping to fnd information on.

*edit* my point above is that not everyone has to browse around. only if you are looking for something in particular. also. it puts all of the member's cars in one spot, so in case someone from the outside wants to check out some av6's. all he has to do is click on member's rides and select away to his heart's content.

also. searching is vital for this to work. the whole turbo forum, NA forum, etc. is just asking for more trouble that its worth. just divide it up by generation of vehicles, and then go from there. if it becomes a big deal, then just add subforums, but its not gonna be a big deal, so dont worry about it.

Last edited by mondojackal; September 15th, 2006 at 08:27 AM..
Old September 15th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #21
ex scientia vera

I have to admit that this seems like a pretty good idea at first glance. I've been back to that website a couple of times to get a refreshed look at it. I don't think it would be too glamorous as far as organization goes. But I do think it would be a nice place for each member to make a thread of his/her car and all the details that go along with it. Say you're reading through the forums and someone makes mention of a mod that he/she has, then all you would need to do is go to that person's thread and read it over. The responsibility would fall on each member to keep his/her thread updated though. I like how the syntax is very rigidly followed on that website though. I don't think there is a need at all for subforums for each different type of car. I say dump them all in one subforum and be done with it. You can then search within that subforum and come up with what you're looking for. And I could forsee people doing searches for just a type of car. That would seem to be easy if people would create their thread title following the same syntax (e.g.: kramer2k: 2005 Nissan Maxima SE).

Hmm, I think I like the idea.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 15th, 2006, 02:12 PM   #22
BULLPOO

People don't know how to search here. I bet half of the users here don't even know you can do a section only search insted of the whole site. These same people probably don't even know this section exsist. We'll get hundreds of "How do search I for..." or "I searched but can't find..." or "Can someone show me a pic of..." threads in the members rides forum. People = Retards.
Old September 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM   #23
ex scientia vera

Quote:
People don't know how to search here.
Old September 15th, 2006, 04:38 PM   #24
no, i dont drift..

Quote:
People = Retards.
haha..

for real though. does anyone know how or even if we could get this started. like kramer said, all we have to do is start it off right with correctly made Member's Rides posts, and then if the ones that people put up are incorrect, then just delete them. it works for cb7tuner.
Old September 15th, 2006, 04:45 PM   #25
ex scientia vera

Quote:
does anyone know how or even if we could get this started.
Yeah, there are people that know how. We just have to wait until the powers that be decide on a COA.
Old September 15th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #26
BULLPOO

I called a little more attention to this thread and this idea from said powers that be. They will review and I'm sure pipe up with a yes or no answer.
Old September 15th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #27

Quote:
so you are telling me that you know what suspension setup someone has just from lookin at pictures of their car?
No, but if you saw a pic of it, you'd probably say "I like that suspension setup, what's he got?" Then click his sig and you're done.

Quote:
also, i already mentioned having the forums sub-divided by generation. who cares about turbo and all that other stuff. most people are going to just be lookin for generic parts (shocks, springs, intake, lip kits, that sort of thing). chances are, if someone is looking seriously at turbo stuff, then they know how to "search this forum" and type in "turbo psi" or whatever other aspect of turbocharging that they were hoping to fnd information on.
My thinking on why it should be more specific is that a lot of internet "retards" as above stated have short attention spans. After looking at the 2nd or 3rd Accord on the list, they're going to give up because who knows if it's an Accord with just an intake or one with i/h/e/p/sus./ICE/etc. They'll be sick of clicking. If at least you have it more specific to say the boosted guys, or the custom ICE guys, etc, you'll have an easier criteria to search for. If you're going to do it, do it right. I see the other forum's way of being incomplete. They can do better than that.

Quote:
*edit* my point above is that not everyone has to browse around. only if you are looking for something in particular. also. it puts all of the member's cars in one spot, so in case someone from the outside wants to check out some av6's. all he has to do is click on member's rides and select away to his heart's content.
See the "Official 5th, 6th, 7th gen Picture threads". Search the guys threads. Post or PM after that. Are net 'tards that slow?

Quote:
also. searching is vital for this to work. the whole turbo forum, NA forum, etc. is just asking for more trouble that its worth. just divide it up by generation of vehicles, and then go from there. if it becomes a big deal, then just add subforums, but its not gonna be a big deal, so dont worry about it.
I don't think adding subforums is hard. It's really up to the powers that be. I'm just one man's opinion who happens to be a mod.

Here's my logic. For example, if I'm a newb and just have a CAI, I'd like to graduate to the NA power section after I got my h/e/pullies. Kind of like another reason to push myself to make my car better. Promote me please. That's why we have the official supercharged thread, turbo thread, and nitrous thread. The idea as good as it is, seems redundant.
Old September 16th, 2006, 01:41 AM   #28
JB4 e92

We've been watching this thread since it was started, please continue more discussion as we look more into this.

Thanks!

clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2006, 03:16 AM   #29
no, i dont drift..

Quote:
No, but if you saw a pic of it, you'd probably say "I like that suspension setup, what's he got?" Then click his sig and you're done.

My thinking on why it should be more specific is that a lot of internet "retards" as above stated have short attention spans. After looking at the 2nd or 3rd Accord on the list, they're going to give up because who knows if it's an Accord with just an intake or one with i/h/e/p/sus./ICE/etc. They'll be sick of clicking. If at least you have it more specific to say the boosted guys, or the custom ICE guys, etc, you'll have an easier criteria to search for. If you're going to do it, do it right. I see the other forum's way of being incomplete. They can do better than that.

See the "Official 5th, 6th, 7th gen Picture threads". Search the guys threads. Post or PM after that. Are net 'tards that slow?

I don't think adding subforums is hard. It's really up to the powers that be. I'm just one man's opinion who happens to be a mod.

Here's my logic. For example, if I'm a newb and just have a CAI, I'd like to graduate to the NA power section after I got my h/e/pullies. Kind of like another reason to push myself to make my car better. Promote me please. That's why we have the official supercharged thread, turbo thread, and nitrous thread. The idea as good as it is, seems redundant.
1. instead of clickin on the link in the person's sig, just have one subforum specifically designed for the purpose of having one thread for each member. if you have a page linked to each person's sig, then you still have to have a place to put the page that they link to. so, in the whole sense of keeping things organized, put all of those "sig-linked" threads in one forum by themselves divided by generation of the vehicle. that way, all a member has to do is go to the member's ride forum, make a thread, and, then, if they would like, link to it in their sig. and then, if someone else just wants to browse around and check out what everyone else is doing to their car in one spot, then they can, and you have the best of both worlds.
2. on the idea of how modded the cars are, after like 2 weeks the people that have more heavily modded cars are going to have more people who know them and look at their threads and comment on their threads. i.e. 02AV6 will have a huge fancrowd. "d00d, omg, i<3ur car!!" worthless posts, but, hey, who cares. it makes people's hard work feel appreciated, right?
3. granted, you can just look up the pics for people's cars, but then you have to go to each thread, and search through pages within one huge thread. and then, if you want to, keep up with what jim is doing to his car, or when he gets his lipkit on, you will have to subscribe to one thread that is incredibly disorganized, and has a lot more than just jim's stuff going on, then you must search through and try to find it amongst everyone else's posts. then, once you finally find it, you have to post and wait for a reply, or PM someone, and still wait for a reply. or they could have just made a member's ride thread, and then they wont have to be bothered, and you can find what you are looking for easier and faster than if you had to search for it without it. i know from firsthand experience. its hard to track people down and find out what the have on their cars. dont believe me? try it sometime; it's harder than one might think.
4. if someone wants to find the turbo crowd to linger around and look at setups and such, then that person was probably interested in FI before he clicked on the member's ride forum. my point is that if someone is looking for turbo setups, then all he has to do is find someone who has a setup that he would like to take a closer look at, and, then, either click the handy sig-link (as you suggested) or just ctrl+c their username and search for it under the member's ride thread only.

as far as dividing it up by stereo guys and all that. who is going to sit up late at night, and divide people in there. because if people are too stupid to browse through the member's ride forum by themselves, you can sure as hell imagine the carnage they'll wreak when they try to put themselves into subforums divided by performance/interior/exterior. that's just too much. what if someone has a t3/04e running 10psi and putting down 250whp on an f22, but also has a kilelr audio setup, and has a pristine exterior to boot? where does he go? if he goes in the turbo section, that keeps him away from the I.C.E. area, unless he makes 2 threads, and then that doesn't help, cause then you are gonna have people with 3 or 4 threads, and thats just one big hell of a mess.

so again, i entreat those that be to look over this, and take both sides, and make a decision. i just dont see how its a bad idea. as far as alterations that make sense, who can say no? but dont make it any more complicated than it has to be.
Old September 16th, 2006, 03:18 AM   #30
no, i dont drift..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
Yeah, there are people that know how. We just have to wait until the powers that be decide on a COA.
Quote:
I called a little more attention to this thread and this idea from said powers that be. They will review and I'm sure pipe up with a yes or no answer.
excellent. i hope they go with it. it works, so why not take advantage of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in