l love hate mail - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > HELP DESK > V6performance Forum Help/Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:35 PM   #1
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

Smile l love hate mail

Quote:
Dear Douchey McDoucherton
lol. great, so you listed a bunch of reasons why you think you are justified in throwing little tantrums. Sorry that you don't get paid, but you knew that coming into it. I also don't care if you don't care that your behavior makes me lose respect for the mods either. Who the **** are you? I was just stating that in this instance you were acting like dip****s making up for something by banning people when you don't like what they say or you've had a bad day. That's great if you want to do that, but that's one of a few reasons why this forum has the negative reputation that it does. You made reference to a ricer website, well guess what man, youre a mod on one. No wait, I forgot, lambo doors are cool. My mistake.
Good stuff! All this, and I didn't even ban anybody!

I love it when people pre-judge others, especially moderators, when they have no clue what in the hell was even going on in the first place. Most people on this forum would be lucky to see 10% of what's going on at any given time. But to some people out there, the ONLY things that exist in the world is what they personally see (10%), and the rest (90%) just doesn't exist. Therefore if the mods suddenly have a "tantrum" it "CLEARLY" is not justified, the mods are being dip****s, and blah blah blah when you were only seeing the 10%. Such keen observations by a newb with less than 100 posts! Good job!

Complete lack of perspective, ability to see the big picture, and lack of ability to realize that there's more going on than just what YOU see personally is what then leads people to such ridiculously negative and unfair conclusions about the moderators here. Unfortunately, that comes with the territory too, because there are so bloody many people that are like this. I just love the projection too. No, people aren't banned here because "we're having a bad day" or because we don't like what they say. Just because you would ban somebody based on that doesn't mean that we do. Hell, I had a pretty bad week myself, some things blew up at the office, and because of that I was working 12 hour days while I was mildly sick and probably ought to have been home in bed at least 1 or 2 of those days. Personally I probably wouldn't have bothered, but sometimes a petty little 1 day wrist-slap ban is the only way to get people's attention. We're not here to babysit you guys. We have lives and jobs and families too. But these critical little tid-bits of information still don't prevent me from being called a dip****, having my fellow moderators attacked, or from having our little site here trashed also with snotty PMs like this. Oh no...

As for this site's "negative reputation", that's simply a matter of perspective. I could probably write an entire thread on this but in a nutshell it goes like this. Anybody that has ever tried to run a site with a fair amount of people on it knows that you will never satisfy everybody. If you try you'll fail, and also die of exhaustion. There are some sites out there that a lot of people love that I personally can't stand and would never even THINK of posting there. Same thing here. A lot of people LOVE this site, yet it has a "negative rep" with a lot of others. So what the hell is this place? Is it a good site or a bad site? The answer is neither and both. You can't satisfy everybody and you never will. Based on what this person said, the negative rep of this site is based on false perception because they claim we're banning for reasons we're not, lol!

So whatever.

I have no interest whatsoever in even attempting to satisfy people that send me dumb crap like this. If you really don't like this site and think it has such a "negative rep" then why are you even here? Go somewhere else. Why waste your time? Maybe there's another site out there that would be more to your liking. Think this site is really a ricer site? Sorry, nobody here is stupid enough to fall for ebay resistor mods, tornado fuel savers, or other similarly stupid crap that preys off of the sheer ignorance of people. We like to keep our members more informed here.

Lastly, do you think I liked this PM and what this person had to say? No. But am I going to ban them for it "because I didn't like what they said?" NO! That's retarded. That hasn't ever been done here EVER, although that seems to be a common perception of the ones being moderated, of course. As if nobody has ever done anything on a site to warrant banning (even a 1 day wrist slap), and it's always the moderator's fault. lawls... Everybody has a right to their opinion even if I think it's ridiculously uninformed, and when we disagree I'm sure they think I'm just as big of an idiot as I think they are.

It's funny every once in awhile when there's some big flame thread around here that I stupidly allow myself to get involved in. Like clockwork after the thread is locked, the PMs start rolling in and it's always about a 50/50 split. Half the people are calling me an *******, and the other half are saying thanks. What can you do?

----------------

AS ALWAYS, CONSTRUCTIVE feedback and criticism is always appreciated here. But if you're going to be a biatch and send hatorade snotmail like this then don't bother wasting your time, because we won't either.

This service announcement has been brought to you by your friendly V6P staff. HAVE A NICE DAY

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali (soon) | 2011 BMW 335i convertible (current) | 2007 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport 4WD (sold to folks) | 1999 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT (sold) | 2001 Accord EX V6 (RIP 2002)

SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2007, 10:42 PM   #2
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
amen to that. Nicely written. I think everyone should read this.
Kiet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 13th, 2007, 12:04 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to chiefy
sticky material
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 13th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #4
Whoah

Send a message via AIM to mseebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiet
amen to that. Nicely written. I think everyone should read this.
i agree. im glad im not a mod here actually, seems like it would be way too of a stressful job with such a huge amount of members.

you guys do an awesome job though. for every 1 *******, theirs 10 giving thanks.
mseebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2007, 07:55 AM   #5
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseebs
you guys do an awesome job though. for every 1 *******, theirs 10 giving thanks.
Hear hear Steve.

Thanks so much Seebs. It's great to know that there are good members out there. Despite the bad apples, the good ones give plenty of motivation to keep up the moderating.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Dear Douchey McDoucherton
best address ever!
a504boi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 14th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #7

hahahahaha. still catching rocks on your "throne". you should just get your own domain and now i've wasted 5 secs of my sunday
TuRb0MiKeY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2007, 06:27 PM   #8

I guess i need 5 posts so I can start a new thread. Here is 1
Exaccordv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2007, 06:28 PM   #9

I have to wait 45 seconds for 2
Old February 5th, 2007, 06:30 PM   #10

Here is 3! 2 to go!
Old February 5th, 2007, 06:31 PM   #11

Talking

F O U R!!!!
Old February 5th, 2007, 06:33 PM   #12

Now Please check out my 98-02 Accord v6 parts in the 4 sale section Thank You.
Old February 5th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #13
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaccordv6
Now Please check out my 98-02 Accord v6 parts in the 4 sale section Thank You.
wow what a waste -_-"

and your stuff is kinda expensive except the intake and pulleys

back ON TOPIC

whoever wrote that to you steve clearly does not what he's talking about.
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #14
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
I love when people use our forum just to sell their stuff to never return again.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #15
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder
I love when people use our forum just to sell their stuff to never return again.
yeah pretty lame...what can you do except boycott?
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #16

Sorry about that, most fourms don't have a post limit and there wasn't a test thread I could use.
Old February 5th, 2007, 07:56 PM   #17
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Actually, most good legit forums do have a post limit. We have it here precisely to keep unhelpful posts like yours out of our site cuz its purely spam. Hmm..if I pulled this on NASIOC, I'd be banned. Same deal w/ acura-cl.com and the other "big boys" with over 10,000 members. Ever think about why that is?

Let's have a race mods....first one to reset his post and delete his sales thread wins bragging rights. Oh...and maybe a one week ban for ignoring the posting rules. Oh wait....now we're going to get a bad rep for following our posting guidelines and trying to prevent spam. What to do? Gosh, what should I do oh fellow mods?

Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:03 PM   #18
BULLPOO

I say you go for the bragging rights Rich!
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:07 PM   #19
Just a Regular Member now

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
What can I say...I had a lousy day in court today so I had to come onto this forum to take out my frustrations on someone who was totally undeserving of my wrath.
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #20
central Cali accords

Send a message via AIM to mista jc
Dude should try your shoes on for a day, see how they fit. V6P with a negative reputation? I wouldn't doubt it.. but try finding another discussion forum like THIS one. G'luck.
mista jc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:32 PM   #21

It is a good thing I posted here tonight because this thread has been dead for 3 weeks and this is the most action it has seen.
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #22
Formerly VTEC-v6!

I tried giving him a negative post count but it wouldn't work...
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #23
BULLPOO

Haha
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #24
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
Quote:
It is a good thing I posted here tonight because this thread has been dead for 3 weeks and this is the most action it has seen.
ooh look an audi prick. very smart guy.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:29 PM   #25

Jealous that you can't afford one.
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:34 PM   #26
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Quote:
Jealous that you can't afford one.
mr indoctidiscant there makes more money than you think...

enjoy your permanent vacation ya PAB
N54TT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #27
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC-v6!
mr indoctidiscant there makes more money than you think...

enjoy your permanent vacation ya PAB
Old February 6th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #28
ex scientia vera

I guess the unlearned will remain unlearned. Idiot...
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 6th, 2007, 07:05 PM   #29
indoctidiscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
I guess the unlearned will remain unlearned.
one of the few who recognize. respect.
Old February 6th, 2007, 07:57 PM   #30
Banned

wow that's a lot of hatemail, but do you guys also get lovemail ?

like if you are doing a good job or something ?
Lxcord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in