Not Cool - Message made public - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > HELP DESK > V6performance Forum Help/Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #1
Polska Red

Send a message via AIM to spacezupe
Not Cool - Message made public

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC
Generally yes, but in the 6+ years I've been a moderator here (has it been that long?) I've never had a short-circuited flaming troll make a cry baby report post honestly complaining about a moderator who's just trying to talk some sense into them and keep them under control. I thought that was hilarious. In the old days I would have seen his first reply to james and just hit the ban button. Seeing as how they were registered here since 2005, I was trying to give them a little leeway and also trying to not ban them, but wow! oh well....
I'm sorry, don't mean to open an healed wound, but it's not OK to post private messages. That's one of those "verbal" agreements that should never be broken unless you have the permission by the sender.

His 1st reply (the one referencing motortrend) was his personal opinion written in a rather "spicy" way but not ban material in my opinion. Please, lets not be inspired by CBS cencorship.

I think that your integrity takes a blow for posting a banned user's message. Wow, 6 years...
spacezupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #2
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
Uh... It's not exactly private if it's been sent to ALL Moderators and Administators. There is no patient/doctor confidentiality here. It's his discretion. Seeing is how you have 54 post in 3 years, his integrity I don't think is something you can comment on.
SixSpeeder is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 2007, 07:58 PM   #3
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

#1 it wasn't a private message, and I wasn't aware of any such verbal agreement. If you waste my time with some ridiculously stupid and hypocritical message I may just post it for the entertainment value. Don't like that? Then don't send moronic messages.

#2 the manner of his post(s) violated MULTIPLE forum rules here, so I don't care if YOU don't think it's ban material or not. IT IS on THIS forum. We do not tolerate bull**** like that here. Period. If you think material like that is ok, then you're at the wrong forum.

#3 multiple re-registrations go on top of that

#4 I checked out some of his "high quality" posts at the MT forums and had a good laugh

#5 I could care less about what you think of my integrity. I care more about the integrity of this forum, the atmosphere that we strive to maintain, and upholding our own rules. If you allow one person to post in that manner then you have to allow everybody to post like that (can't have any favoritism now can we ) and then suddenly this forum will become a flaming cess pool of stupidity like so many other "honduh" forums.

#6 I don't think so.
SteVTEC is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old May 15th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #4
Polska Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder
Uh... It's not exactly private if it's been sent to ALL Moderators and Administators. There is no patient/doctor confidentiality here. It's his discretion. Seeing is how you have 54 post in 3 years, his integrity I don't think is something you can comment on.
Ok cool, I guess sending a message to a moderator or administrator is subject to public humiliation (something you might want to add to your list of rules/disclaimer as most people assume a level of discretion when dealing with people in a "administrative" position). And I see you employed that same tactic by sharing my activity rate. I guess I have no say on this matter since I'm a passive user of this forum.

I'm going to concur in fear of being banned as I enjoy reading this forum.
Old May 15th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #5
Polska Red

Quote:
#1 it wasn't a private message, and I wasn't aware of any such verbal agreement. If you waste my time with some ridiculously stupid and hypocritical message I may just post it for the entertainment value. Don't like that? Then don't send moronic messages.

#2 the manner of his post(s) violated MULTIPLE forum rules here, so I don't care if YOU don't think it's ban material or not. IT IS on THIS forum. We do not tolerate bull**** like that here. Period. If you think material like that is ok, then you're at the wrong forum.

#3 multiple re-registrations go on top of that

#4 I checked out some of his "high quality" posts at the MT forums and had a good laugh

#5 I could care less about what you think of my integrity. I care more about the integrity of this forum, the atmosphere that we strive to maintain, and upholding our own rules. If you allow one person to post in that manner then you have to allow everybody to post like that (can't have any favoritism now can we ) and then suddenly this forum will become a flaming cess pool of stupidity like so many other "honduh" forums.

#6 I don't think so.
Hey, just voicing a concern.

#1. Understood, a message to you is subject to defamation/entertainment value.

#2. What exactly violated the rules of his 1st message, really not trying to play devils advocat, just curious to find out.

#3. Agreed, bad practice

#4. People have personalities, big deal.

#5. That's ironic, ever heard this expression "lead by example"?

#6. In the end, I think a message sent to a person (not posted on a forum) is meant to be private unless stated otherwise. I guess we disagree on this point.
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:43 PM   #6
BULLPOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacezupe
Ok cool, I guess sending a message to a moderator or administrator is subject to public humiliation (something you might want to add to your list of rules/disclaimer as most people assume a level of discretion when dealing with people in a "administrative" position).

When you are an asshat it is. Don't be an asshat, you wont be humiliated. Plain and simple in understandable terms. We don't force you to use this site, nor anyone else.

Quote:
And I see you employed that same tactic by sharing my activity rate. I guess I have no say on this matter since I'm a passive user of this forum.

That's knowledge for everyone. This point here leads me to believe you actually are just a typical controling push-over. If you click on my name and then 'view public profile', you'll see that I have almost 3000 posts. That's imformation to everyone. Don't like it?... Not my problem, yours.

Quote:
I'm going to concur in fear of being banned as I enjoy reading this forum.

You wont be banned for being inquizitive or questioning why we do things and we WILL take constructive criticism. You should know that we will not take kindly to personal attacks to ourselves or our members. It should also be made very clear that we hold no prisoners on this site, if you don't like how we run it, you are welcome to leave. In fact, I have a grand idea, how about you create a forum, lose money on it to keep it open, and then take attacks from people who add nothing to it. Sound like fun?... didn't think so.

We get pleasure out of the cool people on this site who don't cause problems. Who aren't telling us how to babysit. Who give back to our community w/o the constant btching and nagging. There are a lot of those thank God. Unfortunantly the trolls like this Azura character, and he is a character nothing more, ruin it partially for the rest of them. We deal with them, not you.

Love it or leave it - this isn't a democracy.
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:47 AM   #7
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
I have no idea how I got subscribed to this thread, since I never read it before... but I'm in the group that thinks that "bad poster reports" should be kept between the staff and the two parties involved. It's more professional, and would keep the "integrity" of the place up.

If I were to send a report, I definately wouldn't want anyone else but the staff to know about it (unless I post in a thread that I'm reporting it). And no, I'm not some brat snitch. The only times I've reported things, are when the people get all crazy and are real jerks like the recent fiasco with the "Toyota Fan-Boy", or that one "Speedy Girl" that the moderator "James" seemed to have a favoritism thing for.

Anyway, I think it should be made policy that reports made to the moderator/administration staff be kept out of public view, regardless of how humorous and fun it would be to air it out on the boards. We should have higher personal standards than that, especially if staff. There's also that old saying about two wrongs not making a right.
Kuya Master is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:17 AM   #8
Formerly VTEC-v6!

You were auto subscribed because this is a split from the 8th gen spy pictures thread which you were subscribed to.

Oh, and thanks for your errant assumptions about me...really makes you sound intelligent
Gone but not forgotten:
  • 2010 BMW 135i (500hp, JB4 w/ E85)
  • 2013 Honda Accord 4dr EX-L
  • 2002 Honda Accord 4dr EX-V6
  • 1999 Honda Accord 4dr LX
N54TT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:35 AM   #9

Well heres my thoughts on what has happened. I have been banned before and i can still honestly say that the moderators on this site do a damn good job of cleaning up the garbage. From what i understand they dont even get paid for there work here either. All i can say is the guy got what he deserved being an A**HOLE. So in conclusion, MODS keep up the good work in getting rid of all the clowns on this site.
JHAWK13 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:39 AM   #10
BULLPOO

^ You're right, all our time here is volunteered. And thanks for the kind words.
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #11
BULLPOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya Master
There's also that old saying about two wrongs not making a right.

But if the latter isn't considered "a wrong" then....
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:17 AM   #12

just curious on v6p...any mods can read PMs from any users, correct??? if dan pms joe... mod X can read any of dans pms to joe???
kleptodathief is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:21 AM   #13

no
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Hey, just voicing a concern.

#1. Understood, a message to you is subject to defamation/entertainment value.
If you had read the forum rules, you'd know that the only thing really off-limits for posting is people's personal information like name, address, phone number. If you noticed, I did xxxxx out their email address. So don't annoy us all with a ridiculously stupid and delusional PM or reported post, and we won't post it publicly for ridicule, laughs, and flogging.

Quote:
#2. What exactly violated the rules of his 1st message, really not trying to play devils advocat, just curious to find out.
Apparently you need to be spoon fed.

V6Performance.net Forum/Site Rules

Quote:
8) Respect the forum moderator(s), senior moderator(s) and administrator(s). It is a thankless job that we do, and cleaning up other people's messes is never fun.

18) If you don't have anything intelligent or at least constructive to say, then KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. This site does not need the negativity and flat out bashing that so many members have displayed in recent years. Not only does that ruin otherwise intelligent threads, but it also ruins the intelligent and constructive (positive!) atmosphere that we would like this site to have for the benefit of all. Believe it or not, it IS possible to disagree respectfully, debate intelligently, and offer "negative" feedback in constructive manners. Lets all try our best to do this. Violators will be prosecuted.

19) RESPECT your fellow enthusiasts, and respect your competition, even if you don't care for them. Too many people bash and disrespect their peers and their competition. Yet then these same people who disrespect so many others then seriously wonder why nobody has any respect for them. Respect is a two way street, folks. If you give respect, you will get respect back in return. Keep that in mind. Therefore, please keep your posts RESPECTFUL and THINK before posting. If you cannot keep your comments respectful, then don't bother posting them.
I wrote some of those after a really bad spell here from late-2002 to 2003 specifically to address people like Azura so that there wouldn't be any questions on what is or is not appropriate to post, and so that there wouldn't be any questions after people were banned.

Were they respectful of the moderators here? Hardly.
Were their posts constructive and intelligent? Not in the least.
Were they repsectful towards fellow enthusiasts? LOL.

Quote:
#4. People have personalities, big deal.
WRONG.

Yes, people have different personalities and we try our best to deal with all of them as part of the job for which we are paid NADA. This was not a "personality" we were dealing with, but rather a delusioned e-thug automotive racist with probably a whole slew of personal "issues". I'm a moderator, not a psychologist. So until somebody starts paypaling me at the equivalent hourly rate of what a shrink would get for dealing with nonsense like that, WE HAVE NO TOLERANCE AND PEOPLE LIKE THAT GET THE BOOT PERIOD.

Quote:
#5. That's ironic, ever heard this expression "lead by example"?
I did. I removed their email address, which ironically was really the only thing required for me to remove as per the forum rules.

Quote:
#6. In the end, I think a message sent to a person (not posted on a forum) is meant to be private unless stated otherwise. I guess we disagree on this point.
It is meant to be private, so no disagreement. But there's nothing that says such messages can't be posted publicly either. If you don't send moderators ridiculously idiotic messages that are a complete waste of everybody's time then they won't get posted for public flogging. Reported posts go to the admins too, and then they all have to waste THEIR time figuring out what's going on also, as if they have nothing better to do. We all have day jobs, and a lot of us have families too. Do you think we enjoy nonsense like this? This discourages crap like this from happening in the future.

This is honestly the stupidest thing I've ever seen go on on this site in 6+ years, and believe me this place has seen a lot of dumbasses. I can't wait for the 8th gen to actually come out.
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #15
Mirage Representative

Send a message via AIM to Kuya Master Send a message via MSN to Kuya Master Send a message via Yahoo to Kuya Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleptodathief
just curious on v6p...any mods can read PMs from any users, correct??? if dan pms joe... mod X can read any of dans pms to joe???
Quote:
no
I believe that the administrators of the forum might have the ability to read PMs, if they turn on the option for it. Invision PB allows for it, but I'm not sure about vBulliten.
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:20 AM   #16

There's no obvious way of doing it, but I'm sure there's various back door methods if you actually cared enough. The only time we would have cared enough was when there was an assault at a local meet a few years back and some poor kid ended up in the hospital and we needed to gather up info for the police. Never thought to try to get back door access to PM contents though, but it wouldn't have made a difference anyways.
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:21 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya Master
Anyway, I think it should be made policy that reports made to the moderator/administration staff be kept out of public view, regardless of how humorous and fun it would be to air it out on the boards. We should have higher personal standards than that, especially if staff. There's also that old saying about two wrongs not making a right.
Speaking of higher personal standards, weren't you the one fighting for klepto when he was banned for a whole week with your reason against the ban being that he was fun for you to pick on and flame?

I think you need better outlets than that.
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:30 AM   #18
335i coupe

Klepto is a good guy, ricer but a good guy with personality who can take heat and I respect that. And I wish he learns his street habit and grows up or at least use his HEAD.

THAT As$hat was a tool and I agree with mods to ban the idiot and made the public. He attacked both moderators with nonsense and didn't even stopped when requested to do so.
v6pmemba is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:44 AM   #19
Mirage Representative

Quote:
Speaking of higher personal standards, weren't you the one fighting for klepto when he was banned for a whole week with your reason against the ban being that he was fun for you to pick on and flame?

I think you need better outlets than that.
Well, using the same argument given by a moderator....
Quote:
But if the latter isn't considered "a wrong" then....
Anyway, you took that out of context (the part about it being fun to pick on and flame him). I believe that the true argument for me opposing Klepto's bannage was that he was our resident "class clown" that could take the crap we give him for being a ricer in good humor, and didn't need to be banned because he wasn't being that big of a jerk. What "Toyota Fan Boy" did was much worse, and he was given a warning... or two. Looking on that old thread, you laughed a bit, posted some data showing that the 6th Gen would lose, called him a punk, and then banned him for a week. No warning. I was worried that the guy would leave over it. I even posted a thread wondering where he was a couple of days after the ban was over, only to have him post just moments later.

I'm also not staff.
Old May 16th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #20
BULLPOO

You can't put us 'staff' on a pedestal and expect us to live through example because we are somehow above regular users. Well, we aren't. We are just enforcers of the rules and don't get paid, nor expect to get paid. Steve didn't break any rules. Nowhere does it say that he can't share a message to the staff in the V6p rule book.

This is pretty much just as my user title says.

Edit:

Let me ask you this... Who did Steve hurt? Certainly isn't HIS reputation, he's already hated by 33% of the internet community as it is, 33% loves him, and the other 33% doesn't care one way or the other. And Steve certainly doesn't give a rats ass who thinks what of him.

Did he hurt V6p? Hell no, V6p has a sht reputation amongst the BS sites like the unruly Honda-Tech and other ungoverned, anarchist car forums. We don't want those people here anyway. They just cause trouble.

So, who did he hurt?
Old May 16th, 2007, 01:27 PM   #21

Quote:
Let me ask you this... Who did Steve hurt? Certainly isn't HIS reputation, he's already hated by 33% of the internet community as it is
THAT'S IT?? I must be slipping.

Either that or getting old.
Old May 16th, 2007, 03:30 PM   #22
ex scientia vera

I cannot believe we're actually having a discussion about the supposed "public airing" of a belligerent poster's half-way backhanded "problem post" report. Who here actually thinks the guy was sincere in his reporting that a SM was badgering him. Who did he think the report would go to? The guy fully intended to cause a stir, and he achieved it. LET IT GO!

GIVE ME A BREAK!

It seems to me that a healthy dose of reality is in order. Get off your high horses with the moral high ground and integrity bit and see it like it is. Believe me when I say this, the staff here is completely aware of integrity and morality; assuming otherwise is silly.
kramer2k is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #23
Formerly VTEC-v6!

Maybe we should all quit and unban him, then we might actually please their moral highnesses spacezupe and Kuya Master, our resident homophobe. (Quite a moral icon!)
N54TT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
Who here actually thinks the guy was sincere in his reporting that a SM was badgering him.
Actually....

I DO think he was being sincere, but also that he was certifiably insane and a deranged psychopath running rampant on the Inturdnet. MOST bannable people you can reason with at least somewhat. This guy had a GOD complex though. Everything he says goes and is 100% correct, and anybody that disagrees is a hater, stupid, "fighting with him", etc. Hence thinking he's a deranged psychopath. I know some deranged psychopaths in real life and he's not much different than they are.

Quote:
Believe me when I say this, the staff here is completely aware of integrity and morality; assuming otherwise is silly.
Actually I disagree with that too!

The quality of moderation is hit and miss on forums, and due to the nature of car forums it can be ridiculously corrupt and inconsistent. When moderators themselves engage in morally corrupt behavior, then they lack the authority to enforce rules on others engaging in the same behavior, and before you know it you have a shxt house! Then you have all the twisted F's like Azura who just assume that all mods are bad and corrupt mostly because they're projecting because they know they themselves are twisted and corrupt (assuming with their razor thin and narrow little peas for brains that everybody is just like them), and then you have the natural 'rebel against authority' movement that just comes with the demographics, all of which makes moderating just not being a very easy job.

Actions speak louder than words. This thread is still open, and I haven't banned spacecoupe for disagreeing with me, or kuya master for that matter. Why would we? Have they broken any rules? Not here at least. Arguing with a moderator isn't a bannable offense. Being a jackass and arguing with a moderator is though. Of course, jackasses never think they're jackasses, and hence cry when they're banned and it's always the moderators fault and blah blah blah blah.
Old May 16th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #25

What the hells the problem? This is the internet... Anything you say anywhere on any forum, publc or 'private' is all prety much public anyways... If someone wants to post a p/m they have nothing legally stopping them, its just thier judgement...

E
ericspda is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #26
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Actually I disagree with that too!

The quality of moderation is hit and miss on forums, and due to the nature of car forums it can be ridiculously corrupt and inconsistent....
I see where you're coming from. With the various forums that I peruse and post in, this one defaults back to being my litmus test each and everytime for moderating. I've found no other forum, of comparable size and scope, that does as good a job as this one.

Back to the "discussion."
kramer2k is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:30 PM   #27

Quote:
I see where you're coming from. With the various forums that I peruse and post in, this one defaults back to being my litmus test each and everytime for moderating. I've found no other forum, of comparable size and scope, that does as good a job as this one.

Back to the "discussion."
Yea man... I keep coming back to v6p. its a nice little comunity...
All the other forums are..... generally, mean...

E
ericspda is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #28
Polska Red

sigh...

1st off let me say this, overall I think you guys do an excellent job.

However, your missing the big picture, please let me explain.

There is a difference between a "moronic" message as you put it, and a complaint. No matter how stupid the complaint is (also, who are we to judge, maybe he geniuly felt mistreated) you can't not redicule the process of reporting. This will create a fear in users who might have legit concerns from filing a complaint. Ultimatelly, it's not good politics.

I'm not denying that the dood was a bit excessive, and you guys did push his buttons too (c'mon, please give me that) along the thread, but you can't limit the process of self governing admin panel of people. Please, give the people of this forum a certainty that what's meant to be private will remain that way, I personally think it's good practice.

I think the user did a good job proclaiming his idiocracy, no need to stoop to his level and kick him while he's on the ground by breaking ethical laws. (yes the ones that excist outside your damn forum rules, the ones the rest of us live by everyday)
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:20 PM   #29
Polska Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHAWK13
Well heres my thoughts on what has happened. I have been banned before and i can still honestly say that the moderators on this site do a damn good job of cleaning up the garbage. From what i understand they dont even get paid for there work here either. All i can say is the guy got what he deserved being an A**HOLE. So in conclusion, MODS keep up the good work in getting rid of all the clowns on this site.
No offense to you, but we thought Bush was doing a great job too and left it in his hands. This is the problem with America, apathy slowly killing it.

No, please stand up and raise a concern if you think it's wrong! These damns forums were designed to discuss, yes a little off topic but we are human.

ok ok ok, sorry lets please find an anwser to the eternal question, injen or aem v2? hmmm....
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:51 PM   #30
BULLPOO

We get plenty of these complaints all the time from users. Being a mod here means they get sent to our e-mails and we get to read all kinds of fun stuff.

Steve did it. He's done it before. He'll probably do it again. I'll probably do it. Stand up and voice your opinion all you want. As I said before, this isn't a democracy.

I'm not saying people shouldn't suggest things, especially if you want something changed. But for God sake!... Pick your fight! This one is just plain out and out LAME. You are defending a LOSER which makes me wonder what your true intentions are.

Please, go post on Honda-Tech. Sounds like that's where you belong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in