Username Change - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > HELP DESK > V6performance Forum Help/Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #1

Username Change

All: Who would someone contact to inquire about this?

Admins/Mods... please PM. Thanks!
SILVER-6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2007, 01:08 PM   #2
2-minds lost

actually, i am wondering the same, i contacted a mod once and never got a responce, so who do we contact?
disiple_jg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #3
ex scientia vera

We don't generally make it a habit of changing members' usernames. We'd be inundated with requests if that were the case. Contact me via PM and we can discuss further.
kramer2k is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old November 16th, 2007, 02:20 PM   #4
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
With 164 posts between the 2 of you, is there REEEALLY a need for SN change?

- thread unlocked for my curiosity only to be locked again later.
SixSpeeder is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 16th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #5
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
thats what i thought two when i read this thread this afternoon.
Kiet is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 18th, 2007, 08:07 AM   #6
2-minds lost

i read a lot on here, changing my username doesn't really matter, i'm still a novice to cars, and refuse to mislead people by posting up a bunch of bull****. or asking to many questions that could be answered just by searching. the name i have here i just don't use on the net anymore and it's a pain haveing multiple usernames on the net, i use 2minds for everything else i do online, and forget everytime i login, lol.
disiple_jg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2007, 12:13 AM   #7
thread killer

Send a message via AIM to vtecricebox
^i have zero posts in another forum and i had to change my s/n for the same reason
vtecricebox is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecricebox View Post
^i have zero posts in another forum and i had to change my s/n for the same reason
mainly the only reason... if it's that much of a hassle, I can just create a new one.

New concern though... Wondering why I have this bold red indication of "Signature Banned" sitting under my name. I don't recall having anything obscene or any large pics attached to the sig. Can whomever did that explain why? Just curious as to not do anything "illegal" again. It had to have happened recently b/c it was not there when I posted this thread.
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:56 AM   #9
8th World Wonder

PM me with your name change requests and I will take care of them for you.

Thanks.

GotVtec
GotVtec is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2007, 08:29 PM   #10
Banned

Thumbs up

kind of OT, but i saw the new ebay section here on V6P, and it is very useful showing all the stuff for our accords.

Great feature, and keep up the good work V6P crew !
Lxcord is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotVtec View Post
PM me with your name change requests and I will take care of them for you.

Thanks.

GotVtec
PM Sent. Thx!

Does anyone have an answer for the "Signature Banned" distinction under my username? Still no answer on this.
Old November 25th, 2007, 11:52 AM   #12
BULLPOO

Your sig size was too big, so it was banned.
Old November 26th, 2007, 06:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder View Post
Your sig size was too big, so it was banned.
Wow... no PM for a warning or anything. Hmm... not to step on any toes or anything, but if size is a restriction, why not restrict the size through the forum's software? It's a more effective way of managing it without leaving a sour taste with someone by a bold distinction stating that an admin/mod is banning something.

Again, not to step on anyone's toes or anything, seems there's a more effective way of managing little things like that.

Thanks for the explanation. Have a great day!
Old November 26th, 2007, 10:26 AM   #14
BULLPOO

Seeing that you've been here since only March, I know for a fact that the BIG RED statement of the size restriction was there when you uploaded your sig. Reading and following simple directions hasn't been a problem for the 1000's of other members we have on this site that have sigs. We also made the decision to not give out any more warnings. People don't take warnings too seriously.

You have a great day as well.
Old November 26th, 2007, 10:56 AM   #15
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
if you accidentally ran the red light and the camera caught you, do you think they will let off with a warning. Translate that here.
Kiet is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 26th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiet View Post
if you accidentally ran the red light and the camera caught you, do you think they will let off with a warning. Translate that here.
I understand that analogy, but I hardly think it warrants extreme consequences. Now that I "know" that this is not allowed, maybe next time (if allowed) I'll be sure to meet the "requirements" stated somewhere in this forum's policy.

As for it being there always, I won't argue b/c you all are the admins/mods. However, I do not recall seeing notation of exceeding the max allowed size when I uploaded it. I've been involved with the design of other boards such as this, and size restrictions are implemented regardless of whether it's stated within the policy or not (just avoids questions and back & forth threads like this has turned out to be... I know, I know... ask and ye shall receive). Obviously, the admins/mods run things differently here than elsewhere. No big deal. My point is that this is not traffic school, it's a forum. If this is the way that it has been decided, that's great. It's just different from the vast majority of other boards I'm a member of. It's just MY experience, that's all... even back when BBS's were the wave for chat boards/forums (meaning most boards thought it kind to warn b4 ban, but here is different... that's noted now).

For kicks-n-giggles, here's an analogy: If your performance on the job slipped below average, (from my view of having seen this done to others in my many years of industry experience) you are given ample warning before fired... BUT, as you've made it clear, that doesn't apply here.

Again... this is not intended to bash admins/mods nor the forum. This place has a wealth of information. Thanks for the responses. Have a great day!

Last edited by SILVER-6; November 26th, 2007 at 11:19 AM..
Old November 26th, 2007, 11:40 AM   #17

Make a new name? You only have 60 posts.
ericspda is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 26th, 2007, 01:43 PM   #18
BULLPOO

^He's already had his name changed, unfortunantly.

The difference between job performance and being a 'member' of a community where rules are enforced is that you aren't being paid. But, very much the same with a job, if you don't like how we opperate, you can go/work elsewhere. You are obviously here for a reason, you "needed" your user name changed because you want to stay and post here. I'd suggest getting use to how we do things. We are different and we do things different. Why?.. because it works.
Old November 26th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #19
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

Is there a actual policy for those who are first time offenders on the signiture thing, or other smaller matters like that, say 1 moth sig banning after fixing?? Or is he stuck with it forever?
NVA-AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 26th, 2007, 02:47 PM   #20
BULLPOO

It's stuck forever as far as I know.
Old November 26th, 2007, 04:05 PM   #21
ex scientia vera

Honestly, I don't see how someone can NOT see it when editing his/her signature.

Old November 26th, 2007, 04:42 PM   #22

Well the problem is V6P has some of the most hardcore enforced sig rules i know of. I only frequent 6 forums, but the rest let some crazy huge sigs go, and some peope do some stupid crap constantly. I dont think many forums care. So if you new to here, it wouldnt appear to be a big deal. But some people put freeking wallpapers in thier sig... WTF...
ericspda is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 26th, 2007, 04:50 PM   #23
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericspda View Post
But some people put freeking wallpapers in thier sig... WTF...

I've seen that too on a motorcycle forum I frequent. Obnoxious would be an understatement!
Old November 26th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #24

LOL... SixSpeeder, I don't know what tone you're replying with (can never tell expression in text w/o smilies), but it's not like I don't like being here. I just noticed the sig ban thing under the name last week. Never saw it there before. The rule has been stated. So mote it be. It's known now. All I'm saying is that going through the hassle of writing the code/text to say what kramer2k posted below...

...takes the same (if not more) effort as limiting the size via software. It's almost like entrapment. Think about it. No, I'm not denying that the rule (obviously) exists, else this would be end-of-story. It's like you give someone enough to hang themselves with the temptation... only I truly missed the rule (say what ya want but obviously I did). I DO NOT make it a point to break forum rules. I'm just pleading my case. If you wish to ban the sig, that's fine. I just asked a question about it b/c I had no idea as to what was wrong. If the restriction existed from the beginning, this thread would not have gone so far.

** SUGGEST MAKING THIS A STICKY FOR FUTURE REFERENCE FOR ALL TO SEE **

Hopefully, others will not cross the line regarding sig pic size. In response to accepting the "when in Rome, do as the Romans do", I have INDEED accepted that. My original inquiry was "why" was it there b/c I had no clue. Again, if that's the way it is, then that's the way it is. <--- notice, i don't disagree with ya SixSpeeder. I don't want anyone to think I'm getting bent out of shape behind this. It's NOT that serious.
Old November 26th, 2007, 06:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder View Post
^He's already had his name changed, unfortunantly.
Why unfortunately?

BTW... here's the sig pic that i remember linking:
Ron's Sig Pic

...and that's only b/c I made this & another Honda forum the same.

Last edited by SILVER-6; November 26th, 2007 at 06:12 PM..
Old November 26th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #26
ex scientia vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER-6 View Post
All I'm saying is that going through the hassle of writing the code/text to say what kramer2k posted below takes the same (if not more) effort as limiting the size via software.
That's not true. Inserting the disclaimer(s) via text is most certainly easier than limiting the size of an embedded image file in the signature module.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER-6
It's almost like entrapment.
And it's nothing like entrapment if you're made aware of the rule(s) at the time you make any change to your signature.
Old November 26th, 2007, 06:14 PM   #27

useless to even leave the option to allow it anyhow. so the effort you're spending to push your point across could've been spent to limit it anyhow. brings me more to my point. if you're spending the time to argue it, then... LOL

Have fun! I don't mind being the poster child if I did something wrong. Gonna have a beer now, and wait for your response.

Last edited by SILVER-6; November 26th, 2007 at 06:17 PM..
Old November 26th, 2007, 06:15 PM   #28
BULLPOO

Quote:
Why unfortunately?

BTW... here's the sig pic that i remember linking:

...and that's only b/c I made this & another Honda forum the same.
Because if it were up to me, it wouldn't have happened. That's why.

BTW, that ISN'T the exact image. The image you used in your sig here was larger.

This is yours...

Try again.
Old November 26th, 2007, 06:16 PM   #29
ex scientia vera

Quote:
** SUGGEST MAKING THIS A STICKY FOR FUTURE REFERENCE FOR ALL TO SEE **
We do have a thread that is sticky'd pertaining to signature rules. See this post in this thread.

It is our hope that it is easy to find, and easy to understand.
Old November 26th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #30
BULLPOO

BTW, I don't take a tone unless pushed to do so. I'm forward and direct, never condescending although it may come across that way sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in