Idiots! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > HELP DESK > V6performance Forum Help/Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2007, 09:26 PM   #1

Idiots!

You know, I dont know why people gotta be such asses. I dont even care what happens after you people read this. When i posted that thread about seafoam all i got was some smart ass remarks. To be honest, no i didnt even think to use the search feature. I thought this damn forum was for us to help each other out. Not try to call people out for some dumb ****. Then you close the thread after you say your lil ying yang comment...... Like i said yeah i HAVE been a member since 05 BUT i also said i dont do much on here. We basically drive the same fragile ass accord and if someone is asking about a product before they put it in their car, the least you could have done is say its good or it sucks...Well let me go SEARCH for a forum on manners to see if you closed that thread too!!!!!!!!!! (the people im writing to know what this is about)
bigboricua21 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 22nd, 2007, 09:36 PM   #2

IBTL!

But seriously, i concur with you on your entire rant, but thats just the way it is. Its sucks and you get flamed hardcore continuously if you ask a question about something thats been covered...

Stupid, but its how at least this forum works...

Thats one of the many reasons why i dislike this and many other forums. But that all comes down to the moderators...

EDIT: Just read your post, yea.. the result was what was expected. As stupid as it may be, what you asked WAS covered hardcore at least 10-20 times before. I dont search, and dont intend to in the future, but i assume it would be real fast and easy to come by the info you requested without making a new thread. Which apparently is a huge hassle or something? I dont get it, but yea, people flip **** when you make a new thread about something they already covered.

Last edited by ericspda; November 22nd, 2007 at 09:40 PM..
ericspda is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2007, 09:54 PM   #3
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX

Send a message via AIM to slowaccord
its annoying as hell when you have 932849023842039 intake threads. If something has been beat to death nobody can take an inquiry seriously if 30 threads like that already exist. Seriously how hard is it to search? it takes 2 seconds to type what you need to and 99% of the time you can find a satisfactory answer. And if you can't find that answer then by all means MAKE A NEW THREAD. period.

If you get flamed for making a repetative thread its basically your fault. I don't see why you can complain when people ***** at you for doing what you could have done in the first place. SEARCH! nobody will tell you to search if its a legitimate question but if its a "will a CAI give me more power than a SRI" then your asking for it.

Im not even sure what your thread was about but im using the intake example because its very popular hahahahhaha. BTW this is one of the nicest forums out there. Theres very few forums who even come close to limiting knuckleheads and providing useful information.

Last edited by slowaccord; November 22nd, 2007 at 09:56 PM..
slowaccord is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old November 22nd, 2007, 10:07 PM   #4

^+1
xCrayZ_one2NVx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2007, 10:18 PM   #5
Your V6P Snake Champion

here is my 2cents. If everyone searched then these forums would die. The answers to everyones questions is in at least 10 threads on here. But you have to sift through hundreds to find your answer. So I agree peoples questions should be answered as long as it hasnt been covered dozens upon dozens of times
oswhiteboy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2007, 10:31 PM   #6
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
to tell you the truth, I dont think those comments were "lame ass remarks." they warent even flaming or anything.

There are many members here who don't do much on here too, but they sure know how to use the search function if necessary. You are not an exception. If you really bothered to search, which you absolutely did not, you would have found your answer, in numerous of threads.

all this really goes back to is that you didn't bother to search at all and you could've found our answer to your answer. And now you have something to rant to.
Kiet is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:24 PM   #7

Chill out man, that's just how it works around here to try to keep useless threads down. You gotta search first.
Fresh is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 12:10 AM   #8

I agree with most of you on here. I have been on this forum for so long even before the transition to v6p.net (which was a good 6-7 years ago maybe?). I rarely post on here simply because I found so much useful information and answers along the way through searching the forum. I now have a S/C accord with BBK, Endless suspension, repainted my entire car, blah, blah, blah... i just have not posted anything about it. I feel that I owe this website and the people here a thread with pics of my car, just for all the help i got from here.

There are always new people joining the forums and our levels of understanding about accords are different. An example is VietNinjaJ30A1's post about cutting the door lock knob mod. I actually did it 4 years ago, but was too lazy and did not post a DIY. So props to him for making one. The point is that what some people did 4 years ago may be new to someone else.

But at the end of the day, it is unfortunate that sometime people make silly remarks (not to say that is the case here), but you will get that with any forum. Just remember that people like me have learned enough to turn a stock AV6 to fixed up S/C'ed accord with next to nothing left to do just by mainly searching the forum.

Sorry for the long post, I do see some post with questions that i roll my eyes to. Not to say i have not asked the same thing before, but just the fact that it's coming up again. But like i say, we are all at different levels of understanding.

For those that are relatively new to the forum or seem to get very little replies, search the forum. There's more than enough info on Av6s posted on here then you'll ever need.

I hope i don't come across as a ****, but I just don't want anyone reading this thread to think that no one wants to help here.

Alan
12345 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:30 AM   #9
4.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswhiteboy View Post
here is my 2cents. If everyone searched then these forums would die. The answers to everyones questions is in at least 10 threads on here. But you have to sift through hundreds to find your answer. So I agree peoples questions should be answered as long as it hasnt been covered dozens upon dozens of times

There is a Seafoam thread in which 20+ people ask the same questions...and everytime...someone like myself posts up a reply to answer their questions even though they've already been answered. So the repetition in that single thread is enough...we don't need 50 more posts about how good is Seafoam and then "how do i do it?" or "which line do i use?", "does anyone have a picture?", "what about a 4cyl?", "how long am i supposed to wait for it?"...

It's not annoying to people who are asking the question(s) that have been asked over and over again...but to those of us who have been nice enough to answer them over and over again...there's a point where you just don't feel like doing it anymore. The Seafoam thread has 10+ pages...everything you would ever need to know about it for our Accords is in there.

Also...how are you gonna call people idiots who tell you to search when you posted a thread asking about a specific front end on the Accord. That same picture has been circulating for at least 2 years now (on V6P)...and I know that people (other than myself) have seen it...yet we didn't say "search noob!". Why? Because searching in that situation would have been extremely difficult. If you had typed "seafoam" into the search...you would have pulled up the thread I was referring to. So it's nothing against you personally...because other people have been told to search...in less nicer ways than you were told to.

I feel another closed thread coming on...

Last edited by VietNinjaJ30A1; November 23rd, 2007 at 02:35 AM..
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 03:04 AM   #10
Doc

Subjugation City

Newbies are welcome to ask questions
and I'll always be glad to direct them
to an appropriate thread, one time,
if I know anything (or care) about
the subject matter.

Friendly heads up Brother, this site
is no Democracy, tread lightly or you'll
get banned as I have been previously.

I could go on, but I have many friends
here I like to communicate and exchange
ideas and info with, easily.

Last edited by Doc; November 23rd, 2007 at 03:23 AM..
Doc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 03:52 AM   #11
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Newbies are welcome to ask questions
and I'll always be glad to direct them
to an appropriate thread, one time,
if I know anything (or care) about
the subject matter.

I could go on, but I have many friends
here I like to communicate and exchange
ideas and info with, easily.
come on, you didn't get temporarily banned for no reason??

and as for everyone, here's some of the rules you might want to look at on this site. Hope that this will clear up things before calling people an Idiot...

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...rules_faq_item
SIRSIG is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 07:04 AM   #12
Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRSIG View Post
come on, you didn't get temporarily banned for no reason??

and as for everyone, here's some of the rules you might want to look at on this site. Hope that this will clear up things before calling people an Idiot...

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...rules_faq_item
Siggy,

Yes it was a separate issue, I was
talking about general mod tolerance
of which there is none, when you say
something that goes against or
challenges their own ideals. I know
I got rat packed by a bunch of them for
for my own.

Oh yeah, they'll ban peeps 'repping'
for this site, when making
trouble at other sites.

Still diggin that ride to the Arcadia
burger joint.

Last edited by Doc; November 23rd, 2007 at 07:20 AM..
Old November 23rd, 2007, 07:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Siggy,

Yes it was a separate issue, I was
talking about general mod tolerance
of which there is none, when you say
something that goes against or
challenges their own ideals. I know
I got rat packed by a bunch of them for
for my own.

Oh yeah, they'll ban peeps 'repping'
for this site, when making
trouble at other sites.

Still diggin that ride to the Arcadia
burger joint.

You went to another site and falsely represented V6P.net and stirred up crap.How do you figure that they "Rat Packed" you becuase of your ideals?
JHAWK13 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 07:57 AM   #14
Doc

Why are you picking a fight with me?
I summed it up succinctly in my post.
The mods know they rat packed me about
my DK post, the HHR issue is a different
issue, Peace Brother.

Damn it took me 45 minutes writing it.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:13 AM   #15

Quote:
Why are you picking a fight with me?
I summed it up succinctly in my post.
The mods know they rat packed me about
my DK post, the HHR issue is a different
issue, Peace Brother.

Damn it took me 45 minutes writing it.

Im not trying to pick a fight. I just dont agree with the what your saying. I read the thread that got you banned and i read the thread on the "other site" that you started. From the two i can see a justifible reasoning for you being temporarily banned. So i really doubt they "rat packed" you, i just believe they have a Zero tolerance perspective on how they mangae this site in which they have every right too. Nothing against you DOC just want everything to be clear.
JHAWK13 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:23 AM   #16
i haz vtec

ibtl?
zany is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:41 AM   #17
Doc

Peace and Happy Belated Turkey Day to Most

JH13, I respect you're disagreement. It's all
good. Again, you're splitting hairs. I'm here
to participate in a flourishing community if
you don't like what I write don't bother reading
my posts, thats what I do when I see particular
posters.

Btw, DENNIS KUCINICH in '08

Last edited by Doc; November 23rd, 2007 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: spelt what, splitting wrong, had to left margin.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:52 AM   #18

I feel a forum is supposed to be a community of users who have the same interest in which we can help each other out. My accord has taken trophies in just about every show it enters, but i still am willing to help out anyone who needs it when it comes to their cars. Just because i have a life and i am not on V6P twenty four hours a day everyday doesnt mean that i, or anyone else who doesnt devote their life to this site should be treated like ****. I do feel their is a "click" on this forum and that sucks because like i did say before there are some smart people with a lot of knowledge here. And if you wanted to call me out on the search ****, you could have sent me a pm instead of the way you did it moderator. As far as getting banned... I have heard about this site banning people for saying how they feel or doing something to piss someone off...but its whatever...
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:54 AM   #19
keepin' it OG

Send a message via AIM to Kiet
geez. this is so last year. would it have made any difference if we sent you a pm and closed the thread. no.

Everyone should just get over their own business.

Last edited by Kiet; November 23rd, 2007 at 08:58 AM..
Kiet is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:55 AM   #20
8th World Wonder

It's just the Internet, if you take it too seriously, you'll never get out alive.
GotVtec is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:58 AM   #21
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

NVA-AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:03 AM   #22
Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotVtec View Post
It's just the Internet, if you take it too seriously, you'll never get out alive.
So true.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:04 AM   #23
Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6 View Post
Damn Dude, I was looking for that emote
the other day...
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:13 AM   #24
SD's Panda

Send a message via AIM to sd2000av6
wow people get so offended over the internet. i wonder how they act when this kind of stuff happens face to face.
sd2000av6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:26 AM   #25
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

I have found alot of people are alot braver and freer with thier comments when they are not face to face
NVA-AV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:31 AM   #26
4.0L

Quote:

You're right, V6P is not a democracy...but it's not supposed to be. Just like when you walk into someone's store...you can't just do whatever you want to and get away with it...it has to be fitting with the owner's ideals. If you don't agree with the rules of the forum/site...then it's simple...don't join.

I think in the 3 years I've been a member, I've been warned about my avatar and had an image in my signature removed...I just changed the pictures and dealt with it...instead of calling out the mods.

Last edited by VietNinjaJ30A1; November 23rd, 2007 at 10:34 AM..
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:59 AM   #27
Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietNinjaJ30A1 View Post
...instead of calling out the mods.
Are you talking to me? I've learned my
lesson and know it's their turf. I'm ok
w/ not stepping on their toes and flying
low, hanging out with my friends...
Old November 23rd, 2007, 11:09 AM   #28

Ugh... The internet sucks...
ericspda is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2007, 11:39 AM   #29
4.0L

Quote:
Are you talking to me? I've learned my
lesson and know it's their turf. I'm ok
w/ not stepping on their toes and flying
low, hanging out with my friends...
No, I wasn't referring to you...I was referring to the original poster.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 11:43 AM   #30

nva-av6 if that lil comment was towards me.. im right here in NC.... Anyways im gonna chill though. Its a losing battle. I see everything is one sided here... Its all good though. One thing i WILL admit is that search did prove affective. thanks but its all about approach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in