New Addition Audi A4 3.0 V6 6-speed M/T Dyno & progress thread - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > OTHER V6 AUTOMOBILE DISCUSSION > VOLKSWAGEN and AUDI
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM   #1
TrakCord

New Addition Audi A4 3.0 V6 6-speed M/T Dyno & progress thread

Wutup peoples i recently sold my Acura TL and thought i would try my hand at German engineering so here goes.
I purchased this Audi A4 V6 3.0 6-speed about 1 week ago and i must say it is a very nice car with lots of potential. It has a clean title and 140k miles. I live in miami and this car was a Boston car for all of its life the owner drove down here to live and sold it to me recently. It has alot of rust underneath the car but i am slowly alleviating all of the oxidation and grime from the car as to me this is the only way to learn by taking apart cleaning and putting things back together. Ok on to the fun stuff.

Pic of stock form:

Removed emblems:

18% tints:

Badgeless grill:

Pic of temporary intake & engine bay:

Dyno Graph & vid:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2fdkkG4on0]2002 Audi A4 3.0 V6 6-speed stock dyno 156awhp/182awtq - YouTube[/ame]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:54 AM   #2
TrakCord

mocked up the lip spoiler yesterday, going in for paint very very soon

AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:54 AM   #3
TrakCord

puttin the parts in for paint this week, my days of multi color are over cant wait for the new look here are some disassembly pics, its my fathers business so gettin it done quick and for the right price

Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:27 AM   #4
SFL AV6

I love those cars ! Looks good, already got it dyno! Lol don't waste no time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jiga21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:14 AM   #5
TrakCord

haha nope, we shall see wut the future holds, jus tryna make it a decent daily wit moderate power
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:39 AM   #6

I love A4's...very good daily car that can look freshhh
inspire1318 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 3rd, 2012, 01:48 PM   #7
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspire1318 View Post
I love A4's...very good daily car that can look freshhh
i agree i am trying to get there though lol, picked this thing up for 6k out the door so i still got some money to play with from the sale of the TL
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #8
TrakCord

Finally got around to stripping the rear end

parts in gettin prepped in the shop!

Old January 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #9
TrakCord

oh and got the parts finished lookin fresh paint and glossy!! Install coming soon just gotta give it some overnight flash time,

Old January 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #10

Nice but 140k miles is a hell of alot of miles for an AUDI. They aren't very good high mileage cars. But I hope it works out for you
AccordWhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 6th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #11
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordWhite00 View Post
Nice but 140k miles is a hell of alot of miles for an AUDI. They aren't very good high mileage cars. But I hope it works out for you
ye i hope so too but i wntd to buy a high mileage car so i know what to expect when i buy my next Audi, have you ever owned an Audi? i am trying to learn wut owners and mechanic shops say about these cars so i can get a better idea of what im dealing with so i can either learn what repairs might come up in the future or if i cant handle it scrap the whole German thing all together idk really just gathering knowledge at this point, the only thing ive herd from the local mechanic is there are unusual electrical failures like fuses and relays....doesnt sound to painful as of yet lol
Old January 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #12

None turbo right?

I had 2 friends with stock A4 turbo, and after about 40k their gaskets started going bad, electrical problems and motor mounts started going. I guess it you keep up with maintenance like any car it should last.
AccordWhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #13

Cubanob247 I see a nice set of wheels for your car, im sending you a pm just because I want the tires.
DCdonDubby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #14
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordWhite00 View Post
None turbo right?

I had 2 friends with stock A4 turbo, and after about 40k their gaskets started going bad, electrical problems and motor mounts started going. I guess it you keep up with maintenance like any car it should last.
def non turbo, 3.0 V6 6-speed as usual
Old January 15th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #15
TrakCord

got a couple updates ran the 1/8th mile and finished assembling the car of all the painted parts

I am left lane of course, my best time of the night was 10.369 @ 67mph

Video of run

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eynefDdy0Zs]2002 Audi A4 V6 3.0 6-speed M/T Quattro, 1/8th mile, 10.369 @ 67mph - YouTube[/ame]
Old February 9th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #16
TrakCord

been awhile since i updated but heres some new stuff,

ok i decided to re-do the exhaust becuz it was too loud and i had to add another muffler. I basically decided to not buy a separate y-pipe and muffler so i just decided to put on a muffler that would act like a collector, a dual in single out. Anyhow this is exhaust setup Version 2! And i will probably change it in the future.

I have gone to this shop before and this guy is a one man show with all the fabrication tools and skill necessary to build a quality exhaust. Sometimes i get so disappointed in myself for trying to deviate from a higher standard just to try and save some money. Lets jus conclude that i wont be using neone else for exhaust work.I even managed to get a TIG welded piece done. This exhaust allows me to switch the catalytic converter in and out with slip fit connections that the shop owner fabricates in house. Ill let the pics speak for themselves.

Also managed to get a take off vid of this new exhaust.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3d5eHQs6BY[/ame]

finally finished guttin the cats, it was significantly easier this time, i learned that u jus get a huge drill bit and go to town on that sukr then just start yankin pieces out, i cut this thing in half which was the best idea

took a little better pic today of the overall car
Old February 24th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #17
TrakCord

Finally managed to get to the dyno last night had to drive through an hour of traffic! Nehow i am super satisfied with the results which i had an idea of what the improvements might be but putting actual numbers to it was just all the sweeter. So the results were a bit misleading as far as the torque numbers go. Here is a screenshot of the stock torque vs the new torque numbers: There was a large drop in torque as much as 30. Now if you remember i did remove the actuator in the variable intake manifold system. This was a definitive comparison that you will lose alot of torque if you remove it but i wont be replacing this actuator due to the substandard quality of plastic used and the fact that they will become brittle and could ultimately damage my engine. So you guys are on your own their good luck with that. However.... i noticed from my 1/8th mile run that i launch @ 4000RPMs and drop to ~3100RPM's and quickly accelerate through the powerband to redline and on the 1-2 shift i drop to ~4200RPMs and on the 2-3 shift i drop to ~ 4600RPMS. I also noticed i didnt rev all the way to redline becuz well the car didnt want to becuz it was choked off. What does this mean? Well i havent been back to the 1/8th mile yet with my latest setup seen here however in theory the loss of 30awtq is kind of irrelevant becuz i am only in that specific power range for a very short time as i quickly accelerate through that range and i am now using the upper RPMs as the speed increases so the loss of torque becomes less and less noticeable.

This is a screenshot of the areas of the curve that will be used on the upshift, you can see the area between 60MPH and 70MPH (Equals 4000RPM - 5000RPM) that the torque peaks in this area and will be more "usuable" on the acceleration than the stock peak torque curve becuz you drop into this area on the upshift. Something you never see when you torque peaks at a very low RPM. Sure it feels good for daily driving but when you put the hammer down its another story....

This is one of my favorite screenshots (obviously lol), this shows the biggest increase in AWHP 179 vs 154 but not only that if you notice the "area under" the peak HP curve the gain in torque under the curve is ~21, 152 vs 131.

And finally the video for proof! lol it wasnt my best run but you get the idea that the gains are there
2002 Audi 3.0 V6-6speed New Dyno 178awhp/166awtq - YouTube

Last edited by AccordingLO; April 2nd, 2012 at 09:44 PM..
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:48 PM   #18
TrakCord

OK so basically in a nutshell i gutted the trunk and scraped all the tar off of the car. And then i converted the car to FWD! This alone netted me 10whp/10wtq and a 100lbs loss of weight. (about 70lbs of that was rotational mass)

See pics and vids below. The picture of the digital scale was the weight without driver and a 1/4 tank of gas.

2002 Audi A4 3.0 6-speed FWD conversion first test - YouTube
2002 Audi A4 3.0 6-speed 1/4 mile 15.390 @ 92mph - YouTube
2002 Audi A4 3.0 6-speed Dyno open MAF, open actuator - YouTube
2002 Audi A4 3.0 6-speed Dyno stock airbox paper filter, open actuator - YouTube
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:52 PM   #19
TrakCord

Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:55 PM   #20
TrakCord

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in