Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 accord ex v6 which has the double din single disk cd changer. thing is, i just bought some subs, components, and 2 amps, and i dont have the funds for a aftermarket deck so i was planning on taking my friends 01-02 6 disk changer. my main concern is that my cd player currently does not play burnt cds, will a 01-02 changer play cdrs and cdrws?

·
Unregistered User
459 Posts
wg2k7 said:
i have a 99 accord ex v6 which has the double din single disk cd changer. thing is, i just bought some subs, components, and 2 amps, and i dont have the funds for a aftermarket deck so i was planning on taking my friends 01-02 6 disk changer. my main concern is that my cd player currently does not play burnt cds, will a 01-02 changer play cdrs and cdrws?
My 02 plays CD-Rs only. It will play CD-RWs when they are burned for the first time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now im hearing from someone else wav burnt cds will work but mp3 files will not, is that true?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea...but i dont have the 6 disk yet and dont wanna buy a 6 disk changer if it wont do what i want it to do, id rather find out before then after i buy it. if anyone doesnt mind doing a quick check for me..it would be greatly appreciated, or even better if anyone knows from experience. im sure someone with a 01-02 plays burnt cds

·
Unregistered User
459 Posts
Obviously, it won't play mp3 files directly burned onto the CD since it has no MP3 decoder. I've always fed MP3 files directly into Nero to burn audio CDs and they've played fine in my car.

·
Registered
411 Posts
its a burning software. you tell it to make an "audio cd" which will take any file .wav .mp3 etc and will convert it to .cda, which is the universal cd "language" and will play on any cd player.

if you dont have nero, windows media player give you the "audio cd" option in the dropdown box inside the "burn" tab :)

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
okay okay lol...

01-02 6disc changer plays the CD-R cds. It will play as long as the CD is burnt in music cd format, if you try to burn it in MP3 format (which can make your cd hold like 1000s of songs) it will not read. So yeah standard burnt cd with like 17~20songs it will play, other than that no. And just so you know, when you have aftermarket headunit it hits much harder.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i know, im a little tight on money right now since everythings coming at the same time, not to mention i just spent all my money last week on various things. depending on how work goes over summer before school starts i might be able to get my hands on the hu i want

·
Work hard...play harder!
772 Posts
It'll play them, but just be carefull as to what kind of cd you are using to burn you songs to. I dont know if this holds true for others, but in mine, it does not like colored cds, and generic brand cds. TDX and Memorex seem to work the best in my player. Also Im not sure how long you plan on keeping the unit, but be gentle to it. The inside laser mechanism is fragile

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
I burned all the CD-Rs for my 6-disc @ 8x. I remember there being something about burning at higher speeds can cause the CD player to brick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts