Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02-HONDA-ACCORD-SEDAN-4D-JDM-FOG-LIGHTS-LAMPS-YELLOW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33709QQihZ006QQitemZ160149321971QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

So i've been contemplating about the eBay alternative. So far, the problems with it is just the incorrect wiring harness and the switch etc.

So what i am thinking is this, i'm just going to get it, and wire it up in a way so that, it turns on when I turn on my headlights. Instead having a seperate switch which goes into the cabin, the lights will stay on as long as my headlights are on.

I did work like this a while back, but i can't remember which relay i need to use. I think i need one with 3 prongs, one for power, signal and ground. Any thoughts?

·
Red FoXX
422 Posts
The harness is just short by a few feet. I connected longer wires to go into the cabin. The fog light switch was a little too big and the prongs that holds it in place is small and it wont fit. I made a frame from plastic and attached it between the switch and the button and trimmed down the button with a dremel. I spliced a wire to the cruise control light up wire so that the fogs only turn on when the parking lights are turned on. I made my own brackets out of metal pipe holders to hold the fog assembly in place. I can take pictures if you want.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm interested in the brackets which holds the fogs in place

·
Registered
53 Posts
whatever happend to the ebay 01-02 coupe fogs? i remember there was so many of them before? than the sedan versions died, now they're back and the coupe versions are gone!!!

·
Red FoXX
422 Posts
These are the best shots I can get without taking off the bumper:

They hold pretty well and are sturdy enough to withstand trying to pry it out by hand.

·
i haz vtec
1,561 Posts
wow those are cheap and look pretty good.

i got hell micro DE fogs as I hate the way stock looks. I wired my switch to the parking light so i can be cool like that

·
Registered
301 Posts
i bought these fog lights off of ebay and i cant figure out how to put what where. there are no brackets or anything. down anyone know the way to wire these in. if you can help me i'd appreciate it. ive already gone to handa accesories and i still cant figure it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts