Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just got an 01 for my daily. Looking for a nice subtle lip kit to add on.

I want the Type-R, but only available for the 98-00 models. Can someone help me find one for a good price?

I'm digging the WW W-type rear and Sides :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kiet said:
you can get the lip and just cut to fit.

If I'm not mistaken, the 98-00 bumpers have longer middle opening. Therefore, I'd have to trim the lip kit's middle piece shorter to fit into the smaller opening of the 01-02 bumper?

The other areas (sides, and bottom) all fit correctly right?

Pardon me as I never see these these 2 models up close. Just got the car couple days ago. :)

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
yeah, thats what most people do. but some already come fitted for the 2001-2002 accord. but they are a task to find.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys.

I just contact a vendor. he said his Type R should fit 98-2001 Fronts. I made sure to him that 01-02 have different front end compared to 98-2000.

He confirmed with the mfg that it does fit 01 front. Though they look the same, 01 and 02 fronts are different?????

Can someone please confirm this or the mfg (in japan, so he claimed) got those mistaken?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
One style is the 98-00 and the other is 01-02

98-00 w/honda factory optional lip

01-02 w/mugen style (thanks Kevin! :D )

·
Registered
546 Posts
I want the WW front lip, but it sucks that it does not fit in a 01-02 bumper. Someone from the forum mentioned that it can still fit if it was modified, but I can't find it. Does anybody know the thread if it does exist.

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Right now I'm working on the Mugen sedan rear to make it fit perfectly. If I screw it up it'll be a 100 dollar mistake but I'm fairly confident it'll fit very well. I have to cut a section out of the middle and reattach the two pieces but it'll look good if I do it right.

Edit: And the silver one is mine :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have just bought the Type-R front and Type-R rear for the sedan off eBay (139 shipped from kichwaperformance). I know the front has to be modified and xxvietside did the rear mugen for the sedan on his coupe, but I like the type-r and am going to try it out. I also bought off ebay the type zero sides (108 shipped from ultracoolmods) and the headlight eyebrows (17 shipped from kayee2501). The eyebrows have already arrived. It should all be done while I am outta town for spring break. I hope.

·
Hatin' on me hatin' on me
3,751 Posts
Doctor_X said:
Right now I'm working on the Mugen sedan rear to make it fit perfectly. If I screw it up it'll be a 100 dollar mistake but I'm fairly confident it'll fit very well. I have to cut a section out of the middle and reattach the two pieces but it'll look good if I do it right.

Edit: And the silver one is mine :)
I still have the other lip here if you want to borrow it for some notes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts