Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Mr. Detail
1,134 Posts
Those aren't headers, just precat deletes and a different type of J pipe to connect to the cat back.

Headers would have individual tubes connecting to each exhaust port.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
IMO. I don't care if it was free, I WOULD NOT INSTALL THAT ON MY CAR, ever.

Look into a J-Pipe ( xlr8,rv6,atlp / please use search tool) , test pipes and cat deletes.

My 2cents

·
JDM UC1
8,396 Posts
don't believe everything you see on the internet. those are not headers and there are no headers available for the accord V6. there is a big reason why.

·
Registered
843 Posts
It's a cheap Ebay part, but it might work. Noone knows how well it would fit compared to the OEM parts.

If you decide to buy it instead of purchasing RV6 PCDs and a RV6/XLR8 j-pipe, please get some before & after dynos.

It looks like you'll need O2 defoulers to not get a CEL.

·
Registered
702 Posts
It clearly says J30a1. So the ad is telling the truth lol. Just know what engine you have.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Wait, J30a1 would have headers, not these pcd things.... But hey that's cheap! May do this instead of $450 PCD's :p

Comes with a real merge collector too, so then I wouldn't have to go have my own made. Lol. Or I may just use the top PCD portion.

PCD's and J pipe all in one for $200, I may try this out and be guinea pig... :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Wait, Honda Accord CL7?

That is Acura TSX basically and only came with K series engine.... I'm so confused.

·
Registered
702 Posts
im sure those will crack faster than crackhead can say crack
Well it has not one, but 2 flexpipes... and it's stainless steel. I could understand if it didn't have a flexpipe though. I had a cheap ebay header for my jeep cherokee 4.0 inline 6, it didn't have flexpipe so it cracked. But this has 2. Plus if you just want to use pcd portion you could always just use that ?

·
Registered
702 Posts
I mean spend ~$800 on J pipe and pcd's or get both for 1/4 the price. Some of us are actually on a budget and in school, can afford to save up but that money could be better spent elsewhere.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I mean spend ~$800 on J pipe and pcd's or get both for 1/4 the price. Some of us are actually on a budget and in school, can afford to save up but that money could be better spent elsewhere.
patience is a virtue.

you get what you pay for

support local and innovative dudes doing things other companies didnt want to do

·
Registered
843 Posts
Bottomline...

That kit may or may not work. I know that a lot of the Ebay turbo manifolds for D & B engines were prone to cracking; some people welded additional bracing onto the manifold with good success.

The fitment is going to be questionable; are you ready and/or able to modify the mount on the end?

The PCD portion of this kit looks very similar to the RV6 V1 PCDs, which were prone to cracking. Also, cheap chinese stainless steel does corrode.

FYI, the 7G and 8G HART racing Accords had an unequal length j-pipe. I'm pretty sure that they used a better flow-tested merge collector, but this Ebay kit might work.

Like nighthawk04av6 said, you'd have to look at the temps (EGT) at the exhaust port on the head and/or confirm a difference in running condition (AFR) by logging the fuel trim data from your OBD2 scantool.

I'll give $5 to anyone who purchases this and gets some dynos and logs some data...Lets start crowd-funding some V6P projects!

·
Registered
806 Posts
That is supercheap for PCDs and a"jpipe" or whatever that hunk of metal is

1 - 20 of 161 Posts