Accord V6 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
wHo BuT mE!!
59 Posts
Product does NOT fit. Hits the front of the subframe, y pipe sticks to the oil pan, rear precat barely clears the axle carrier bearing (had to remove the protective cover). I have pics. I'll post them up tonight. #getwhatupayfor Lol.

·
Sleeper
2,101 Posts
Didn't think it would fit. It didn't list our engines. Only the J30a1 i believe.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that. Thanks for the time spent.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Product does NOT fit. Hits the front of the subframe, y pipe sticks to the oil pan, rear precat barely clears the axle carrier bearing (had to remove the protective cover). I have pics. I'll post them up tonight. #getwhatupayfor Lol.
Simple solution.... take the Subframe,oil pan, and axle out then you can use this Ebay pipe. :up:

All seriousness, your efforts are appreciated! Hope you can find a way to make it fit and dyno it.

·
wHo BuT mE!!
59 Posts
I sent the vendor an email and he already has replied in less than 12 hrs so lets see where it goes. $160 hit isn't so bad, i just hate wasting my time. On the ebay listing you can choose your vehicle and it said it would fit so at the end of it all its the vendors fault. It would have to be heavily modified to work.

·
wHo BuT mE!!
59 Posts

Front cat hitting the subframe.

Y-pipe front runner sticking to the oil pan.

Rear cat hits the axle half shaft bearing. Couldn't even pass the bolt thru.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
time to get your money back and buy legit stuff.

Reactions: DoLLa

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Epic failure on the vendors part. "It fits." LOL. Looks like that quote was based on pure assumption that the motors/subframes were similar between cars. No way this was ever test-fitted.

As far as the dyno debate goes...it really doesn't matter which dyno you choose, as long as you use the same one. Obviously numbers will vary from dyno to dyno, but if you are consistent, you will be fine. I had no trouble trapping 103.x - 104 making 270whp on a Dynojet. Made perfect sense. My buddy in the RSX made 197/141 on the Dyno Dynamics AKA "Heartbreak Hotel." He trapped 103-104 and was right next to me on the street until the top of 4th gear. He put down 230/166 'corrected' on that dyno, which makes more sense to me all things considered. The dyno argument is pointless IMO, but will go on forever.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Epic failure on the vendors part. "It fits." LOL. Looks like that quote was based on pure assumption that the motors/subframes were similar between cars. No way this was ever test-fitted.

As far as the dyno debate goes...it really doesn't matter which dyno you choose, as long as you use the same one. Obviously numbers will vary from dyno to dyno, but if you are consistent, you will be fine. I had no trouble trapping 103.x - 104 making 270whp on a Dynojet. Made perfect sense. My buddy in the RSX made 197/141 on the Dyno Dynamics AKA "Heartbreak Hotel." He trapped 103-104 and was right next to me on the street until the top of 4th gear. He put down 230/166 'corrected' on that dyno, which makes more sense to me all things considered. The dyno argument is pointless IMO, but will go on forever.
Why is his RSX the only full bolt on k20 I have ever seen even break 13's on street tire? His shifts are not even that fast in his videos.

Full bolt on dyno tuned Civic Si runs 15's here. 217 whp sae corrected.
Imports Racing at TV - YouTube

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
It's not all about shift speed. He shifts faster in his race videos than track videos. He is a good driver, trust.

There are plenty of Si's in the 13s with bolt ons/tune & street tires, and plenty of other RSX's lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I've been looking into j pipes and before I go with xlr8 I was wondering if anyone knew about the 98-03 dc sports tl headers / jpipe set.....found em for 400$ Also found the same year for Meagan even tho these for 3.2 shouldn't they bolt right up?( I have a 05 v6 at)

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 2003-2007 Honda Accord V6 does not have headers. It comes with 2 pre catalytic converters. The 2 short pipes you see on the eBay link are pipes that replace these pre catalytic converters (you can buy high flow pre cats to replace these instead of pipes but keep in mind the pipes will give you the less restriction) The second pipe is referred to as the j pipe which is usually sold separately. This is an eBay kit with all the pipes included for $160. Purchasing these items separately... the pre cats cost $350-400 and the j pipe costs $400-500. This is from eBay so it wont have the greatest welds and it won’t fit perfectly. You’ll get what you pay for but if your on a tight budget go for it.

141 - 160 of 163 Posts