Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i raced an 05 g35 sedan today which was pretty fast...... It was purely stock and i had aem v2 intake w/ singlecustomjpipe and exhaust.... From dead stop he immediately got 2 car lengths ahead and i hung with him till about 90mph... he started inching away after that point =(... then from a 60 roll he only got 1 car length ahead of me and then once we reached 100 he started inching away again =(... those new g35 sedans are pretty fast...!

·
From J30A to 4g63
753 Posts
Good try, pretty close......havent gotten an opportunity to run one yet but now ill know the outcome.

·
Registered
402 Posts
VQ runs FINE with flat 14s on 6MT and some break 13s with a great driver.
I'll look it up but to me 05 with 298HP supposed dyno at 248whp/219wtq which is much higher and have better powerband than 7th. AV6 MT, so the difference should be decent.

Same applies for 05 G35 5AT with 280HP vs AV6 5AT the powerband much stronger with G35 dyno at 216-218whp/209wtq vs what about 195whp/185wtq or so.

Good runs though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The G35s have to be putting down more torque than that, alt04, my stock Altima 3.5 put 227wtq down.. fyi

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
when i had my vafc 2 with a vtec at 4800 rpm cross over i raced a g35 sedan also. I am sure it was an auto but anyway i had a v2 intake and i pretty much pulled on him from 45-100mph

The vafc lowered vtec is key for extra 10-15lb of torque due to the lowered crossover.

·
Registered
492 Posts
2fast4u99 said:
when i had my vafc 2 with a vtec at 4800 rpm cross over i raced a g35 sedan also. I am sure it was an auto but anyway i had a v2 intake and i pretty much pulled on him from 45-100mph

The vafc lowered vtec is key for extra 10-15lb of torque due to the lowered crossover.
would the vafc 2 with a V2 or Injen RD would make that much difference?? :confused: im thinkin of gettin one but i get different opinions ... some say vafc 2 wont help if you just have bolt ons... i dont know :confused: someone has a correct answer? ???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive raced a g35 coupe with intake when i was bone stock and beat him by 2 cars then i raced a sedan that was stock, i had a injen cold air intake and beat him also but i thought that the sedan put up a way better fight than the coupe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I had my old Lincoln Mark VIII, I beat G35 Sedan on the highway. We started off from like 50mph, we shut down at 100, I was at least 1 1/2 car lengths agead of him.

I raced a coupe in my accord V6. I dont know if it is a newer one with 290hp, or the older one. But he owned me nicely=]

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
mixonchik said:
When I had my old Lincoln Mark VIII, I beat G35 Sedan on the highway. We started off from like 50mph, we shut down at 100, I was at least 1 1/2 car lengths agead of him.

I raced a coupe in my accord V6. I dont know if it is a newer one with 290hp, or the older one. But he owned me nicely=]

I think its all about a drivers race.
the g35 coupe 6 speed if driven right could probbly land a 13.8.14 sec 1/4

i wouldnt mess with one that had CAI/header/exhaust/tunning

1 - 15 of 15 Posts