Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference between the 03 and 04-05 front lip on the sedan? On handaaccessories.com, they have two seperate categories with different prices.

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
There is no difference. Add them both to the cart and see what happens.

Don't get the front OEM lip at H and A they are starting to charge outrageous shipping prices for some unknown reason.

I got mine at www.indyhondaparts.com for $214.98 shipped. H and A is charging $98.13 for ground shipping on top of the $210 for the front lip.

·
Registered
468 Posts
GPerlAccord said:

Don't get the front OEM lip at H and A they are starting to charge outrageous shipping prices for some unknown reason.

I got mine at www.indyhondaparts.com for $214.98 shipped. H and A is charging $98.13 for ground shipping on top of the $210 for the front lip.
I think they raise their prices now to $247 or something like that.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
GPerlAccord said:

h and a has always had high shipping prices...prices of shipping across the board is increasing because gas prices are increasing....and a little info on the shipping of stuff like that...if you notice on h and a...it says that this item is shipped as an OS3 item...meaning at the rated of 90lbs plus 40 dollars...so 98 dollars is a pretty good deal for something that size...just some professional knowledge

EDIT: Pulled up the UPS site...and calculated a package from WV to KY...a one day service for UPS ground...and punched in OS3 dimensions...and UPS suggests it would cost 115 dollars...so under 100 from H and A is a steal....but indyhondaparts.com is still the best deal...

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
GPerlAccord said:
There is no difference.
That's incorrect.

They are different and are not interchangable.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
03LXV6Guy said:
That's incorrect.

They are different and are not interchangable.
05 Part Number - SKU : 08F01-SDA
03-04 Part Number - SKU : 08F01-SDA

They are the same part just listed seperately. The 06 is where the change was made. So You are incorrect as the 03-05 are the same.

Below is a quote straight from the product description on H and A

Genuine Honda Accord front under spoiler. Color matched to original factory specifications by Honda. Nose mask won't fit over spoilers.
Note: You will be asked to select the color once you click on
the "add-to-cart" button
2-door shown in top picture, 4-door in bottom.
Note: the shipping charge on the spoiler is high due to UPS charging the shipping as an OS3 shipment because of the size of the spoiler.
Fits Years 2003-2005,
NOT for Hybrid (IMA) Model

·
3,545 Posts
smokin6speed said:
05 Part Number - SKU : 08F01-SDA
03-04 Part Number - SKU : 08F01-SDA

They are the same part just listed seperately. The 06 is where the change was made. So You are incorrect as the 03-05 are the same.
I am 100% wrong. I'm apologize for putting out bad info.

Funny thing is, even the Honda parts guy told me they were different parts..... I guess he was too lazy to actually compare the part numbers.

Thanks for correcting my error.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
its cool..i thought the same thing you did until i looked it up...its funny if anyone else has noticed at the parts place how the parts guy only has to click a button to get the answer you want/need and they act like its a HUGE inconvenience to do....like your f;ing up there day..

·
3,545 Posts
smokin6speed said:
its funny if anyone else has noticed at the parts place how the parts guy only has to click a button to get the answer you want/need and they act like its a HUGE inconvenience to do....like your f;ing up there day..
That's the typical parts guy there.......

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
and to make it worse i think my parts guy weighs around 400 lbs...no joke...so if he is at one counter he will turn his head to look at the window that I am standing at...and give you this "this better be damn important or I'm not moving" look LOL...that is why I bought a service manual do all my own work and buy all my parts online if at all possible

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
03accordv6er said:
How long does it take to arrive at your door after you order the lip?
usually 3-7 business days depending on where you ordered yours from.
EDIT:

nice find: I got mine in less than a week after order from indyhondaparts.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts