Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i was coming home from my girlfriends house about 30 mins ago, cruising at the speed limit, until i come to a stop light. I'm about to make my right, but then a silver 06+ av6 rolls through the intersection pretty speedy, so i try to catch up. he gets stopped at the next intersection. i notice the car has that red "v6" badging, so it was a six speed. even sounded like a six speed. anyways, the guy had 18 or 19 inch black rims, 8000k HID's or so (really blue), and i don't know what else. we were messing around, and then finally raced a couple of times. i had him by 3/4ths of a car all times. i was surprised, because my car is an automatic. i tried to continue cruising with him, but the light ahead turned yellow, so i braked. guess what happened next...you guessed it, he went through a red light, and the intersection had a red light camera too...hope he didn't get a ticket....

this was in the MD/VA/DC area in rockville....i am wondering if this guy is on v6performance ......anyways, just a fun run...

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
hmm, r u SURE hes manny? either that or he can't shift for beans...is ur car fully stock auto?

did have dual xhausts? maybe hes got a fake v6 badge?

·
From J30A to 4g63
753 Posts
^No im sure it was a V6, the six speed mainly has the advantage over the auto after about 80.........i could pull on my friends AV6 6spd until about 80 then he would be passing me by.

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
This is precisely why the Honda/Acura crowd has such a HORRIBLE reputation in the DC area. Thanks for contributing. :) :rolleyes:

And this is precisely how I've seen it happen too. Honda owners all have to "race" other Honda owners, they end up doing stupid crap like this, and in the end the person who "wins" is the one who's willing to pull the biggest retard of a stunt, like blowing through god damn red lights even when there's cameras. GOOD JOB! It's a moronic game of one-upsmanship to see who can prove themselves to be the biggest moron. Then there's people who are just in a hurry and need to get somewhere fast, but some punk in a Honda/Acura thinks they want to "race" and "have to be faster" and the next thing you know they're buzzing all over you and cutting you off.

All of this is why everybody I talk to that lives in this area who is not associated with "the scene" fears you losers (talking about the honda crowd in dc in general and not you personally, although by this very post you're making yourself part of it), because they're just trying to get from Point A to Point B, meanwhile other people see public roads as a RACE TRACK. A former co-worker of mine and I were talking about cars one day and I suggested the TL to him. He said no way, because he said it seemed like everytime he saw a TL on the road they were driving like a complete ass and he "didn't want to be associated with that crowd". Where does he live? ROCKVILLE! Go figure! :bonk:

TAKE IT TO THE FRIGGIN TRACK!

</rant>

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think we hit about 100, and nothing had changed, so we both slowed down because we were well past the speed limit, and even thought it was late at night, you never know when a deer or something could pop out....i still had half a car on him.....all i have done to my car is an AEM V2, so from the exterior it appears stock....i think he had an intake too, but im not sure, because the 6 speeds came with a specific intake that was not on the autos. may have been that, but my intake was louder, hahaha...

·
5,056 Posts
0Tolerance said:
^No im sure it was a V6, the six speed mainly has the advantage over the auto after about 80.........i could pull on my friends AV6 6spd until about 80 then he would be passing me by.
Wrong. Your friend can't drive then. These cars trap at 92-97 mph. To gain the half to nearly a full second that the 6spd will pull over the auto just from 80 mph in the 1/4 mile, the 6spd would literally have to kick in the warp drive. A well-driven 6spd will pull off the line, and then keep on walking away.

The guy's big stupid rims were probably slowing him down that stuckey raced.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SteVTEC said:
This is precisely why the Honda/Acura crowd has such a HORRIBLE reputation in the DC area. Thanks for contributing. :) :rolleyes:

And this is precisely how I've seen it happen too. Honda owners all have to "race" other Honda owners, they end up doing stupid crap like this, and in the end the person who "wins" is the one who's willing to pull the biggest retard of a stunt, like blowing through god damn red lights even when there's cameras. GOOD JOB! It's a moronic game of one-upsmanship to see who can prove themselves to be the biggest moron. Then there's people who are just in a hurry and need to get somewhere fast, but some punk in a Honda/Acura thinks they want to "race" and "have to be faster" and the next thing you know they're buzzing all over you and cutting you off.

All of this is why everybody I talk to that lives in this area who is not associated with "the scene" fears you losers (talking about the honda crowd in dc in general and not you personally, although by this very post you're making yourself part of it), because they're just trying to get from Point A to Point B, meanwhile other people see public roads as a RACE TRACK. A former co-worker of mine and I were talking about cars one day and I suggested the TL to him. He said no way, because he said it seemed like everytime he saw a TL on the road they were driving like a complete ass and he "didn't want to be associated with that crowd". Where does he live? ROCKVILLE! Go figure! :bonk:

TAKE IT TO THE FRIGGIN TRACK!

</rant>
haha, i hear ya steve, plenty of honda/acura owners are like that here. alot try to race me because they think im stock, and when i dont race, they get mad and take off.....racing costs money because gas aint cheap, lol...there was nobody around, but still thats not really an excuse...i really wanted to know what kind of hid's the guy had, cause im looking into them now, but he wanted to go and wouldnt roll down his window, so i thought it wouldn't be too bad. didn't wanna go as fast as i did, but cant change back the time.

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
ill check about special intake. my dad has 04 sedan v6 but i dont think honda put anything special but i might be wrong. i guess he didnt lanch or anything. otherwise you would notice if it was manual

·
BULLPOO
4,241 Posts
I just had an incounter yesterday with a really cool civic. :rolleye2:

He was next driving to me, staring at me, flooring it then letting off. His girlfriend laughing. I finally took the bait, droped down 2 hears and went. 10 car lengths later, we pull up to a red light and he wont even look at me.

Light turns green, he peels out and I just let him go. About a half mile up is a freeway on ramp. It's a 2 lane on ramp the curves to the left with a large 15ft wall on the right. I start out right behind him then move to the next lane to go around him just to see what he'd do. Of course he floors. I mildly keep up, his rear bumper at my front on the outside of the corner. I know my car has no problem taking this corner at the speed we are going but I doubted his. Just as I backed out of the throttle, he realizes he's going to fast. With seemingly all the understeer in the world, his car goes straight for the wall. He was able to pull it out 2 feet short of putting his car into someones backyard. I'm sure his girlfriend started to beat his ass right after she sht her pants.

I feel bad for pushing him to that point. I'm glad I had the where-with-all to realize not only my own cars capabilities, but his too. His ego got the best of him and it came within 2 feet off biting him in the ass.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
sy272004 said:
ill take your word for it but will check my dads whats different about it anyway. suprised honda actualy did different one for 6spd
There are a couple of differences actually, the intake is very different (does not have the resonator chamber of the Auto, the brakes and rims are bigger (Auto 11.2" front, MT 11.8") and the MT has a sudo front upper tie bar.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Just for the record i have seen quite a few 7th gen Automatics in my area with the RED badge. I really dont see how a mid to high 15 second Auto is gonna pull on a Manual at any speed. Compare numbers 6spd weighs less, transfers more power to the wheels through standard transmission= less driveline loss, and has shorter gearing.

·
Just a Regular Member now
963 Posts
You guys all crack me up. I had a friend who is a very experienced "track/race" driver (many courses at Summit Racing, Skip Barber, etc...) For a period of about 10 years, he would get annoyed at all you racer wannabe's and would take up any challenge with his RX-7. He would push the racer-wannabe's to the limit to the point that he has personally caused about 5 accidents because the racer-wannabe's lost control and crashed either into Jersey wall or ditch). He claims that he's teaching these fools a lesson.

Since then, he now drives a GMC Denali and Mercedes SL600. On occasion, he still will take up a stupid challenge and get the other driver to lose control. Luckily, its all been late at night with very few cars on the road so other drivers are not impacted, except for the racer wannabe. Since being married and now with a baby boy due in a month or so, he has since stopped causing racer wannabes to crash their cars. He has also moved down to Austin, TX where people are not as insane as around here.

It's simply amusing to see everyone comparing similar cars when it really comes down to driver skill. People are now *****ing about all the photo speed cameras and red light cameras going up all over Rockville. I would like to thank all you racer-wannabes for causing this to happen and ruining it for everyone in the area.

Here's a word of advice. When I'm driving over 55mph ;) up and down I-270, that means I need to get somewhere fast. That's why I'm in the left lane flying by you. I'm not trying to race you or bait you. I usually have my baby daughter with me so I won't be trying to win any races. HOWEVER, if you insist on making a total A$$ of yourself and insist on trying to race, cut me off, endanger the other drivers on the highway etc... I promise I will do the following.

I will take your tag number and call it into Montgomery County police to log it in for aggressive driving and direct any available units to the vicinity. I will also call it into the Maryland State police which has a substation right off Montrose Rd since they have direct jurisdiction over I-270. And yes, I do have their numbers on speed dial since I've done this before ;) I will also call one of my council member friends to followup on the case w/ the MCPD and MSP liasons. (I've donated enough money in political donations to expect this kind of service;) I've simply had it with these morons who have ruined the scene in this area.

Ever wonder why we've been kicked out of the Tysons II? Tysons I? almost every major mall area where we've done meetings? I'm amazed the Rockville Pike meet still goes occurs on Fridays. That will change though once that new Condo starts filling up with people. Just watch. Once calls start coming in about noise from revving motors from those Condo owners, etc...Rockville police will shutdown that area as a meeting place.

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
sy272004 said:
ill take your word for it but will check my dads whats different about it anyway. suprised honda actualy did different one for 6spd

The 03-05 6-speeds have 2 major differences in their intake systems:

1. The lower resonator on the 6-speed is less than half the size of the one on the automatic's intake. It's more for sound than anything else. I doubt there'd be any power gain with the smaller resonator tube.

2. The 6-speeds feature a Variable-Resonance Intake Manifold that boosts low-end and mid-range torque. As far as I know, it doesn't add any peak horsepower. Torque? Probably, but as far as I've seen, I'd say the automatic and 6-speed J30A4/5's have identical high-end power.

For 2006, the automatics and 6-speeds now share the same intake resonator, which is bigger than the 03-05 6-speed's resonator but still much smaller than the 03-05 5AT's resonator.

The variable intake manifold is still exclusive to the 6-speed. Why Honda didn't put it on the automatic is beyond me, unless they're afraid that the extra low-end torque would kill the tranny faster :rolleyes:

·
5,056 Posts
fastV6 said:
Please explain to me, what do U meqn these cars trap at 92-97?

Thanks
1/4 mile. The autos trap at around 92-93 mph, and the 6spds at 96-97 mph.

·
5,056 Posts
TH23 said:
The variable intake manifold is still exclusive to the 6-speed. Why Honda didn't put it on the automatic is beyond me, unless they're afraid that the extra low-end torque would kill the tranny faster :rolleyes:
If they gave it some low-end, it might outgun the heavier TL. The other problem is that you might actually be able to get some power below 5000 rpm and without dropping 2 or 3 gears such that you have enough juice to outrun a V6 Ford F-150 :angel: :rofl3:, and that's not allowed either. :winkgrin: Ditto with a D4 detent in the shifter, or actually having a manumatic mode. That might actually make the car more responsive and fun to drive, which also isn't allowed. Need to leave that stuff for the TL. This is why it's tough for me to get excited about Accords these days because everything in them is "dumbed down". Still a fine car and something I'd consider buying, but just not something I'd be excited or enthusiastic about, which is a bummer. :(

·
5,056 Posts
Stuckeyman87 said:
haha, i hear ya steve, plenty of honda/acura owners are like that here. alot try to race me because they think im stock, and when i dont race, they get mad and take off.....racing costs money because gas aint cheap, lol...there was nobody around, but still thats not really an excuse...i really wanted to know what kind of hid's the guy had, cause im looking into them now, but he wanted to go and wouldnt roll down his window, so i thought it wouldn't be too bad. didn't wanna go as fast as i did, but cant change back the time.
Well at least you had a little bit of sense and did it late at night. I've seen people go tearing through traffic at 80 on 355 in broad daylight, or 100+ on 270, and it's a honda or acura 9 times out of 10. Like I said, soooo many people are absolutely TERRORIZED by the H/A crowd in your area. It's disgraceful, and the most pathetic "scene" I have ever witnessed. I don't even tell people that I help run a Honda site anymore because they'll instantly associate me with being a part of "that". How sad is that? :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts