Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who would win?

this guy wants to race me for money but im not sure if my car can beat it.

i read that the mustang has 240 whp and 211 lbs torque...

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
LycheE said:
who would win?

Hmmm.....I wouldnt do it :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
LycheE said:
who would win?

i believe you will, i think they are over-rated just dont race the gt

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is definately not the GT

i dono!!! all i have a cai but im getting the greddy evo in a week or 2 :D :D

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
the v6 does not have 240hp to the wheels...more like 210 at the crank. the gt is actually underrated, i believe they have 287 to the rear wheels, which is alot more than 300 crank. even if the v6 was underrated, 240 to the wheels would be around a 50whp jump...240 to the wheels is around 300 at the crank, unless he has some bolt ons. new v6 mustang coupe 5spd runs low 15s...04 av6 mt if you miss a gear you will run 15 flat, not a contest

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i should do it and take his money :D

he is so confident in his mustang.. he just bought it

·
(つ◕‿◕)つ*•.★.•*•.★.•* •.★.•
3,498 Posts
if he wants to race you for money (especially in a v6 stang), he's probably not stock.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
You don't sound very confident...but I think you will take him. The 6MT has ballz man. Just make sure you know how to shift.

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
LycheE said:
what do you mean i know how to shift?

is there some special way to shift when y ou race?
No, it's just that there are ways to squeeze out an extra tenth of a second here and there when racing. They certainly add up if you know how to shift very quickly. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know how to shift in a "racing" environment. I'm buttery smooth on the city streets though. :D

·
2,313 Posts
LycheE said:
what do you mean i know how to shift?

is there some special way to shift when y ou race?
keeping your foot on the gas while shifting gears is one...some people like to take off their foot on the gas when shifting...

don't misshift...if you've ever mis shifted while racing, you know what I'm talking about...

redline every gear....don't shift at 5K rpms....

etc. etc.

so did you race yet? ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Race this chud asap! You will win if you are 6mt. I've taken two 06' Mustang V6's down. Easy to catch midway through second gear, even if they jump on you initially. Just don't bog down off the launch too much. They have no high RPM pull, all of their torque is lower to midrange. Talk some crap to get him all cranked-up, then embarrass him. If you lose, you can't drive... :cool:

·
Registered
583 Posts
SixSpeeder said:
where'd you hear this? :confused:

everywhere i have read on this site i hear that with a exhaust system you actually lose down low torque and maybe gain 2 hp...................maybe i am wrong though

·
Registered
583 Posts
i still think even with an exhaust though he will outrun him, i was just saying that with an exhaust he is not going to be as fast from the line but that once again is just what i have read on the site

·
2,313 Posts
^^^ when i put on my comptech exhaust i dyno'd at 216whp/187wtq. with aem v2/comptech exhaust i dyno'd at 224whp/191wtq. i think stock 6mt dyno is 199whp/180wtq.

i dunno where you read that part about am exhaust losing power but i don't think that's true based on my experience.

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
Sonnick said:
the gt is actually underrated, i believe they have 287 to the rear wheels, which is alot more than 300 crank.
Stock 2005 Mustang GT manual:

http://www.modulardepot.com/articles.php?aid=52

Obviously you were looking at a different type of dyno. Be sure you are looking at a DYNOJET if you're trying to make all sorts of comparison. There are different types out there, people get all confused or don't even understand the differences, and the result is widespread confusion and BS like this. Stang GT's aren't underrated. They dyno pretty much where they should.

·
BULLPOO
4,241 Posts
flyvtec said:
^^^ when i put on my comptech exhaust i dyno'd at 216whp/187wtq. with aem v2/comptech exhaust i dyno'd at 224whp/191wtq. i think stock 6mt dyno is 199whp/180wtq.

i dunno where you read that part about am exhaust losing power but i don't think that's true based on my experience.

maybe it's true for a 6th gen slushbox??? :)

you should have no problem taking a V6 mustang. let us know how it turned out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts