Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there is a connection for the FM Antenna wire towards the back of the car where the antenna resides in the window?

I was trying to install an FM Modulator and the connector near the radio ripped apart when I was trying to pull it out. Now I need to either splice a new connector, or run a new wire. I would prefer to run a new wire if at all possible. Thanks, for any help.

P.S. be careful when pulling your antenna out. It is a very, very, very, tight connection.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
PeaPod said:
I was trying to install an FM Modulator and the connector near the radio ripped apart when I was trying to pull it out. Now I need to either splice a new connector, or run a new wire. I would prefer to run a new wire if at all possible. Thanks, for any help.

P.S. be careful when pulling your antenna out. It is a very, very, very, tight connection.
Why why why do you need to take out the radio antenna connector? with FM modulator.. there is no wire you need to connect at all to the radio..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks PlumAccord, it looks like it might be available, now I just need to find out where exactly that rear connection is. In the meantime yesterday though, I did pick up a new connector and was able to put it on with out too much trouble, so we're all fixed for now.

Brex, my FM modulator connects thru the antenna connections as a direct connect rather than playing over the airwaves, hence the need to install inline w/ the antenna. Also, I would haver been taking the antenna apart anyway to install a splitter to run the stock and aftermarket HU when I get around to picking it up.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
PeaPod said:
Thanks PlumAccord, it looks like it might be available, now I just need to find out where exactly that rear connection is. In the meantime yesterday though, I did pick up a new connector and was able to put it on with out too much trouble, so we're all fixed for now.

Brex, my FM modulator connects thru the antenna connections as a direct connect rather than playing over the airwaves, hence the need to install inline w/ the antenna. Also, I would haver been taking the antenna apart anyway to install a splitter to run the stock and aftermarket HU when I get around to picking it up.
hmm.. FM modulator was suppose to go across airwave.. !?!? :confuse2: why the fuss? why not just use soundgate then?!??

·
Registered
139 Posts
remove the D-pillars, and you should see the antenna wire. You might need to splice into the wire because there may be no connector.

PS: The D-pillars are along the sides of the rear window. :bonk:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts