Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haha i kno, i should slap myself for asking... But this is why I ask. this dood just bought a 350z, and he wants to test it against an accord... dont ask me why? THe Z should take the accord, just in design in general, more power and a 6spd vs auto.... But i'm curious

When and/if i decide to test this it will definately be from a roll, casue i know the accord will spin out and that will really kill my chances.

but this will be my setup if this was to happen.
v2
ur pulley
comptech exhuast
e-shift pro cat
thermoblok spacers
hfp suspension
drag rims/nankang tires
stock spoiler
premium gas
tl sway

haha and take the spare tire out.

What do you guys think, from a rolling start should it be interesting? or dont bother the Z should easily take me.

Also, after i get the cats installed i'll be getting a dyno, so i'll have a better knowldge of what power i'm putting to the ground.

Also think it'd matter if i put some high performace transmission fluid in there.

Ok what do you guys think?>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
908 Posts
beside the drivers fact. You have no chance at all with those mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
908 Posts
beside the drivers fact. You have no chance at all with those mods.
Suspension and sway plus spoiler dont play any roll in FI at all, at least to this case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sway has nothing at all with a straight line, but suspension and wing play into aerodynamics, no increase in hp, but better dynamics, faster than not having them. and neither car are FI. We're dealing with my 240 hp v6 and then we'll see what power i push with mods, dyno test. vs his stock 300hp rwd . auto loses power to manual. rwd loses more power then fwd. 60 hp head start, impressive. and weight should be nearly the same. Also as far as no chance, I never said anything about beating the car, all i mentioned was making a good stand. Of course the accord is the under dog in this. Also those mods, should give me a pretty sweet boost in power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
dont try racing the 350z from a roll just for the fact that its a 6spd. At hwy rolls he can always downshift giving him a better jump. If you want to race the 350z ud probably have a better chance from a stop rather than a roll...If you do race the 350z from a stop..you'd probably have a better launch depending on how good the driver of the 350z is. If your worried about spinning your tires, try tapping the accelator a tad bit then gun it as soon as u get into motion..i dunno this is from my perspective but try it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o3exV6rider said:
dont try racing the 350z from a roll just for the fact that its a 6spd. At hwy rolls he can always downshift giving him a better jump. If you want to race the 350z ud probably have a better chance from a stop rather than a roll...
Well this isnt gonna be like a sneak thing, so from a roll i'd be in first gear. So shouldnt that be better for my chances?

edit: I will be shifting from 1-2-3 then into d, manually. not always the greatest idea, but should give me a better chance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
IkedawgV6 said:
Well this isnt gonna be like a sneak thing, so from a roll i'd be in first gear. So shouldnt that be better for my chances?

edit: I will be shifting from 1-2-3 then into d, manually. not always the greatest idea, but should give me a better chance.
oh yeah..well since ur going to race him the BAD way..i guess it will also be good to start at 1..i was thinkin you guys would start the roll from atleast 50mph
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
o3exV6rider said:
oh yeah..well since ur going to race him the BAD way..i guess it will also be good to start at 1..i was thinkin you guys would start the roll from atleast 50mph
y is that the bad way? i dont race or anything, not my thing. I was more curious with this work I'm doing to it, would it hang. I had more of a 20mph rolling startin mind , both be in first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
908 Posts
well, try it and see for yourself.
Cant talk from theory or whatnot. But I still dont think you have a chance.
btw, thanks for the aerodynamic 101, we all knows that in here. Im just letting you know that those things wont do anything to your competition with the Z. :D
Anyway, lets just try it with him to see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, looking a dyno of another accord with the parts pretty similair. I might have a few more. he dynod the auto at 229 whp. i think( think ) i might make 235 at the wheels. final decision that enuff to hang in? i'm thinking maybe not. oh well. still pretty nice for an auto, thanks for ur input guys.
 

·
oSCaR
Joined
·
4,919 Posts
the 06 LED's are nice :D

I have no clue who will win... closest to similar VQ power that Ive been against is a G35 Sedan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ahha the 06 lights are nice, i ordered the o3+ leds, hoping they look nice. hahah maybe they will distract the z, and i cruise to victory? haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
the 06 LED's are nice :D

I have no clue who will win... closest to similar VQ power that Ive been against is a G35 Sedan.
yes i agree, but i dont like the new headlights...i like the ones from 03-05 better
street racing is dumb but if u were to race him...i dont see how u would even stand a chance just for the fact that u have an auto. i drove a stock z, and it was quite torquey.
if u are going to put all those parts in, mind as well spring another $250 for an apexi v-afc and tune it to pump out another 10whp or so.
 

·
oSCaR
Joined
·
4,919 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
the 06 LED's are nice :D

I have no clue who will win... closest to similar VQ power that Ive been against is a G35 Sedan.
I was talking about the LEDs on the Z :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wj4 said:
yes i agree, but i dont like the new headlights...i like the ones from 03-05 better
street racing is dumb but if u were to race him...i dont see how u would even stand a chance just for the fact that u have an auto. i drove a stock z, and it was quite torquey.
if u are going to put all those parts in, mind as well spring another $250 for an apexi v-afc and tune it to pump out another 10whp or so.
completely agree, street racing is very dumb. I doubt i'ma have anything to do with this. If it was a closer race, then it'd merit taking it to the track. But I dont wanna drive down to the track to lose. hahah.

The vafc, maybe one day, I dont think i'm pushing enough air to make real benefits yet. Maybe if i ever do any real engine work.


Yea, same thing i was thinking. More over the guy doesnt know i've done anything to my car. He actually wanted to race a stock v6? haha go race a evo, keep it at least matched.

Thanks for all the feedback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
IkedawgV6 said:
y is that the bad way? i dont race or anything, not my thing. I was more curious with this work I'm doing to it, would it hang. I had more of a 20mph rolling startin mind , both be in first.
your racing the bad way as in..your shifting your automatic manually
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
o3exV6rider said:
your racing the bad way as in..your shifting your automatic manually
oh, thats wat you meant. Yea auto shifting not the greatest idea o these trans. But prolly not the scariest thing to do once in a blue moon.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top