Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here, but I have a few questions. I have a 2005 Grand Prix GTP and was looking for some suggestions as to what I should do to it. I was recently struck with the idea of a twin charger, would this be at all feasible (supercharger for low RPM, turbo at higher)? Or would it even be possibly in a GTP? Any suggestions welcome, thanks! Also, what brands are most realiable/worthwhile for GTPs, especially for exhausts/intakes/intercoolers? Thanks.

·
Back to boost...
1,027 Posts
Finally, there's more of us...:D

As for mods, all depends on what you want. If you're playing with the idea of twin-charging, I'm assuming you're serious about modding. If that's the case, don't worry about twin charging, or bothering with s/c mods, go turbo. A lot of people are doing some crazy times with hardly anything done minus the turbo. 11's are becoming commonplace, even with stock cam and heads, basically bolt on the turbo, some tuning stuff, etc, and of course a good launch. They have kits that adapt the s/c (basically gutting it), so that's taken care of. I know their test car ran 401whp, 546wtq with stock heads and cam, on 15psi intercooled. So yeah, lots of options there.

If you just want to do basics, start off with 1step colder plugs, t-stat, intake, then pulley. I'd do them in that order, safest that way. After that, a PCM will unlock a lot more, then you're looking at more in-depth exhaust work after that.

As for brands, Cartuning Performance makes a good turbo kit that bolts up without any modification whatsoever, even retains the stock manifolds. ZZP/Stattama is coming out with their kit soon, and while it's new and a little more invasive, ZZP makes pretty good products otherwise, so there's no increased worry with issues. ZZP also makes all the little stuff too, so that's a good place to start if you want to go light. I'd say if you have the $$ and plan on doing some major running, don't bother with the pulley route, just save for the turbo and all the goodies available with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Is there any reason for not twin charging it? I've heard that twin charging would yield too much boost to manage, is this true? I really like the s/c whine, and the turbo with a BO valve would sound sweet and be mad quicker too. If I was going to go the twin charger route (or just the turbo) I would skip the intake and just get a front mount. The thing about just replacing the s/c is that I really don't want to just get rid of it (even leaving it in there, I'm a big space freak so I would have to gut the s/c if I wanted to switch)... if it would be at all feasible to pop the turbo in and have them work in tandem I would definately love it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whats going on fellow GTP'ers.

There are only 2 grand prix's that I know of that are twin charged. ZZPerformance is still working on it. In fact they just ran a 9 sec run in their flagship car. Stattama has just completed a twin turbo grand prix!! I saw this run a couple of weeks ago, and let me say wow. They were only able to get a 10.1 in the 1/4 before they broke the wheelie bar. After that he was unable to launch the car decently.

Check out www.clubgp.com

If I were you, and you have some money to spend on the car I would go with the car tuning turbo kit. A buddy of mine has one on his 04 and has hit low 11's. He should easily be in the 10's once he gets his suspension set up so he can get traction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts