Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally a pic of the system: a 2.5" system w/ 4" tip mufflers

You guys think it's worth the $818 MSRP probably cheaper at shops that carry it. Was thinking of this instead of Custom, because of the prices for custom exhaust here in Hawaii especially for Mandrel bent piping.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe there are some with it, but don't think they are on this board, not sure, and no sound clips on the magna flow site either.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They do have one for the 06-07 V6 Coupes on their site but no pic as of yet, should be able to fit the 03-05 as well unless there are slight differences in the system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
two 90 degree bends per muffler looks less than ideal if the goal is improving airflow.

also the piping is only 2.25" on the magnaflow.

·
Registered
234 Posts
two 90 degree bends per muffler looks less than ideal if the goal is improving airflow.

also the piping is only 2.25" on the magnaflow.
I don't think so. Looking at the pipes from the kit under my car its bigger than 2.25". The 2.5" is correct.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Is that for part # 16685? My order for part # 16686 was cancelled because a mistake was made and Magnaflow hasn't even produced that cat-back yet. FML

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think so. Looking at the pipes from the kit under my car its bigger than 2.25". The 2.5" is correct.
Magnaflow itself quotes a 2.5" primary splitting into 2.25" secondaries through the mufflers.

www-dot-magnaflow-dot-com/02product/shopdisplayproducts.asp
(won't let me post links yet)

V6 3.0L Sedan, GAS
5 x 8 x 14 in. Muffler, 2.25 in. Tubing, 2.5 in. Turndowns; DUAL REAR EXIT

·
Registered
234 Posts
I dont see whats wrong with it despite the secondaries being 2.25. The piping all the way through isn't 2.25. I highly doubt that 2.5" all the way to the muff would really make it better. The other manufactures do similar tactics and aren't a whole lot better unless you go full custom. It's still an adequate set-up for the money spent.

Magnaflow itself quotes a 2.5" primary splitting into 2.25" secondaries through the mufflers.

www-dot-magnaflow-dot-com/02product/shopdisplayproducts.asp
(won't let me post links yet)

V6 3.0L Sedan, GAS
5 x 8 x 14 in. Muffler, 2.25 in. Tubing, 2.5 in. Turndowns; DUAL REAR EXIT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts