Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I hate my Ford
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have u guys checked it out yet? like 265 HP, 650 watt Rockford fosgate system and alot of other stuff for under 30k

its seems like mitsu's 2dr version of an evo

·
Registered
554 Posts
timdastis said:
have u guys checked it out yet? like 265 HP, 650 watt Rockford fosgate system and alot of other stuff for under 30k

its seems like mitsu's 2dr version of an evo
Just drove one yesterday
the auto
Nice power, seems faster then my accord.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I looked at one last friday night; the wheel well gaps are freakin huge. Thats Mitsubishi for you. :eek: If I ever got one(MT GT), the first mod would have to be a major drop.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Supernova said:
I looked at one last friday night; the wheel well gaps are freakin huge. Thats Mitsubishi for you. :eek: If I ever got one(MT GT), the first mod would have to be a major drop.
agreed, even with the 18's its still huge

·
Registered
155 Posts
they went with a Very simple engine just to make the 263HP the selling point.

the V6 gets to 60 in 5.8

i like alot, but i would not get it over the WRX, but then again, i havent driven the Ecplise yet.

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
This thing is faster than a 7th gen AV6 6-speed :hide:

I just got the latest issue of Motor Trend, and the GT V6 ran the 1/4-mile in [email protected] mph.

With that trap speed, I wouldn't be surprised if a few owners manage a very high-13 at the track, bone stock :eek:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Wow, thats quickness for you! I actually like how the side and rear (straight rear) looks like. The front would be much better with some sort of grill inserts.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
TH23 said:
This thing is faster than a 7th gen AV6 6-speed :hide:

I just got the latest issue of Motor Trend, and the GT V6 ran the 1/4-mile in [email protected] mph.

With that trap speed, I wouldn't be surprised if a few owners manage a very high-13 at the track, bone stock :eek:
A little birdie told me that it's no faster than the 7th gen AV6 6 speed (both 0-60 and 1/4 mile) ;) . It does have a lot more torque though, so it has much more pull from a roll (30 MPH-70 MPH, etc).

BTW: You should know better TH23, mag racing is forbidden on this board :nono: :p .

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
Plumaccordcoupe said:
A little birdie told me that it's no faster than the 7th gen AV6 6 speed (both 0-60 and 1/4 mile) ;) . It does have a lot more torque though, so it has much more pull from a roll (30 MPH-70 MPH, etc).

BTW: You should know better TH23, mag racing is forbidden on this board :nono: :p .
Until I see some track times from owners of the new Eclipse, mag times are all I have to go by ;)

And why wouldn't it be faster? Sure, it weighs a few hundred pounds more than the AV6, but it has TONS more low-end and mid-range torque, not to mention more peak power at a lower engine speed. Sure, the AV6 has better top-end, but that won't help it until it's well into the triple digits on the speedometer :) The extra torque of the big 3.8 will have the Eclipse ahead early on in the race and by the time the AV6 starts catching up, it's too late.

There's no replacement for displacement :p

·
J30A1 => J30A5 => K24Z3
4,271 Posts
Okay, I did a little CarTest comparison between the two and here's the results:

2005 AV6 6-speed (using the very optimistic TOV dyno for the power curve)

[email protected] mph
2.14 60' time

2006 Eclipse GT V6 6-speed with 17" wheels (using a custom power curve modeled after the 2.4L MIVEC's)

[email protected] mph
2.25 60' time

Okay, so according to CarTest, the two cars are almost identical in performance. The Accord gets off the line better due to a 25% shorter overall first gear ratio, but the Eclipse catches up early (at the top of it's 1st gear, after the AV6 shifts into 2nd) and the two stay pretty much even down the track.

However, this CarTest model assumes that the Eclipse is making the manufacturer's rating of 263HP and 260TQ. I have a feeling that the MIVEC 3.8 is under-rated a bit and is really making more like 270-275HP and 270-280TQ. It's just a hunch, as I have no proof that it is. I can't wait to see a dyno plot for this bad boy to find out :D

·
841 Posts
Don't you think even with the weight difference, the new Eclipse would still win in a driver's race giving favor to the greater low-end torque? It claims [email protected] when the Accord develops [email protected]

I think that alone would give a great advantage to the average Eclipse driver from a dig.

·
Registered
350 Posts
well i was just taking a Shizzle right now when i saw my bosses MPH magazine with the beautiful M6 on the cover, and noticed they had an atricle bout the eclipse. I like the gauges, suppose to have [email protected] 5750/263 lb-ft @ 4500 24valve SOHC 3.8L v6. GS suppose to weigh 3274lbs and the v6 suppose to be 200lbs heavier. GS suppose to have 162hp/tq. All they said was its a nice daily driver car basically didnt run it, but still gave est times of 0-60 6secs ¼mile 14secs. THIS IS ALL FROM A MAGAZINE, just thought some ppl might wanna read what they gotta say; that shizzle was bomb.

·
Something Something Darkside
4,499 Posts
Back on topic guys. Take it to PM.

Interesting that they had a comparo with this car, AV6 6MT, RSX-S, and a Stang GT. Which would you guys get?

·
Something Something Darkside
4,499 Posts
Slight bias. :D

I love the 6mt too. But the Stang is fast and when it cools off it might be the same price. I'm not familiar with Ford reliability but I'm sure it's not as good as Honda outside of the tranny issue. Of course I'm going off the Consumer Report and J.D. Power graphs other members are kind enough to post. I do love that effortless torque and the GT is pretty sick looking.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have mixed feelings about the Eclipse. I like the design, both exterior and interior. I have to wonder what the hell they were thinking, designing a car like the Eclipse with that much curb weight, but I guess the heavy cast iron block helps to keep those front wheels on the ground. I know the EVO is Mitsu's bread and butter, but what's wrong with 2 pocket rockets. When I first heard about this car I was excited, as I owned a first gen in which I heavily modified at 50,000 miles to 100,000, until it went boom! I wish they made it like the all wheel drive terror the first and second gens were. As far as the choice of cars above, I'd go with the Stang GT as well. I'm diggen the new look and I can't wait for the new Cobra!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts