Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Motörhead’s, Please help me figure out my Vtec issue!! Recently done a JDM swap on my 06 Accord 3.0 V6. My old engine had all the vtec stuff on the oil filter housing. My new JDM has the vtech stuff mounted on the head. Tried to just extend the wires to the new location but engine will not go above 5k rpm. Im hoping one of you experienced guys have a simple fix to this. JDM motor runs great with no codes or any other issues. If I can get the Vtec to work I’ll be golden. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get it fixed? I have the same problem
Yeah man, had to just leave the upper control stuff unhooked. Found out it was an engine that shuts off 2 cylinders which my ecm wasn’t equipped for and put my oil filter hook up on the new engine and hook my vtec back up like original.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You must have the wire cut or pulled out on the harness. If your trying to use your 98 EcU I don’t think it will work with your year EcU it is programmed for automatic and the numbers are different. AeM has a EcU that u can dial in. If you heard the harness is comparable then check your Vtec solenoid circuit to see if it working if so then make sure the Vtec solenoid is operational. Process of elimination. I think that is your problem if you can’t hit Vtec. My car would stumble if I gunned it but idles fine and drove fine until you gassed it and Vtec wouldn’t. It was a pain to figure it out. I thought it was my distributor at first. Funny though after replacing the Vtec solenoid I ended up later replacing the distributor it made a big difference. Started right up and runs like a dream

1 - 4 of 4 Posts