Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i called my honda dealer today and they told me that they just received two 2006 honda accord hybrids for me to look at. I only want to see them for the side mirrors, but i wont let the salesman know that, lol.

anyway the whole point for this thread is this. i was reading on another forum, where someone stated that the 06 accord hybrids side mirrors with turnsignals are the same as the 2004 acura tsx side mirrors. is this true?

has anyone with the tsx side mirrors investigated this. i want to do the side mirror w/ turn signal mod, but don't know which mirror would be best to get. the hybrids or the tsx's. either way i'll go look at the size of the hybrids mirrors to see if they would be a close fit. but any info bout the comparison would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
444 Posts
Side mirrors

04Punisher said:
ok, i called my honda dealer today and they told me that they just received two 2006 honda accord hybrids for me to look at. I only want to see them for the side mirrors, but i wont let the salesman know that, lol.

anyway the whole point for this thread is this. i was reading on another forum, where someone stated that the 06 accord hybrids side mirrors with turnsignals are the same as the 2004 acura tsx side mirrors. is this true?

has anyone with the tsx side mirrors investigated this. i want to do the side mirror w/ turn signal mod, but don't know which mirror would be best to get. the hybrids or the tsx's. either way i'll go look at the size of the hybrids mirrors to see if they would be a close fit. but any info bout the comparison would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

I did the swap with an 04 TSX to an 03 coupe. I believe the 06 hybrid have heated mirrors and I think that is the same as the 05 TSX. The fitments should be the exact same

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup, after going to my dealer i measured the hybrids base and it's too short in length for our coupes. so it would be a pain to even try to fit the hybrids on our coupe. plus i didn't like how the housing looked.

oh well i was able to find some 2004 tsx mirrors for $170 shipped :) they will be in on Monday and i shall be another to attempt the mod for our coupes :D

bagbklyn...empty out ur mailbox cuz i'll probably be pm'ing u with alot of questions, lol :D

wish me luck guys :)

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
from what has been said, i've inferred that they dont fit the coupe. i dont think anyone has tried to fit them on a sedan, but I think they would.

·
Registered
9 Posts
joedanger11 said:
from what has been said, i've inferred that they dont fit the coupe. i dont think anyone has tried to fit them on a sedan, but I think they would.
I was refering to the Sedans...Sorry I didn't make it clear.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i'm gonna see how much the hybrid side mirrors are and put them on my sedan

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Boovila said:
are the tsx's a perfect fit on the coupe?
Boovila,

The tsx's mirrors has been said to not be a perfect fit. it will need modification. i just went to pick up my mirrors today, and will start trying this mod. i'll keep updating.

·
Registered
717 Posts
For all you guys that think that inspired is the same as tsx you guys are DEAD WRONG. I purchased a set of inspired and put them in. please we it was hell.
1-stock accord side mirror has 3 wire for mirror adjust ment while TSX has five 2 for signal and inspired has 7 another two for power fold.
The fold in and out every time i start my car and you can ask drew (SICK6SPEED), he was ver amazes. As far as wiring you will have to be patient and spend some time on it IFFF yo get the inspired one npt the TSX mirrors which could be bought on ebay for abour 70 bucks

·
Bai Se Feng Che
784 Posts
fastV6 said:
For all you guys that think that inspired is the same as tsx you guys are DEAD WRONG. I purchased a set of inspired and put them in. please we it was hell.
1-stock accord side mirror has 3 wire for mirror adjust ment while TSX has five 2 for signal and inspired has 7 another two for power fold.
The fold in and out every time i start my car and you can ask drew (SICK6SPEED), he was ver amazes. As far as wiring you will have to be patient and spend some time on it IFFF yo get the inspired one npt the TSX mirrors which could be bought on ebay for abour 70 bucks
Do you have a sedan or a coupe? If you could please post a picture of your mirrors or any install pics if you have them. Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
fastV6 said:
How did you wire it to do that? I currently have inspire mirrors (need to get them painted) and am interested in any tutorial or guide on how to properly install them with features.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I literarly had to tear the whole wiring system out and take oout the little comp[uter that does the blinking for the lights and tap into that. Alot of work

·
4 door Coupe
593 Posts
i did the same mod on my 03 sedan. they had to be modded to fit, the bolt holes didnt line up, and like dude said, the wiring was a *****! i had the blinkers wired in to my turn signal switch

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
to summarize what i have read in all the posts;
TSX mirriors will fit coupe/sedan with mods
inspire/06 hybrid will fit the sedans with no mods (except wiring)

1 - 20 of 256 Posts