Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just changed my shifter to the 06 model:

NOTE: Some modification required;
-You need part 54130-sda-a53zc (leather knob) for 34.76 from majestic honda.
here are instructions that will make sense if you are looking at the parts i guess.

-You need to cut the shaft shorter as well as the rod that does down the middle.
i learned that a simple pipe cutter works well BUT will disfigure the inside diameter of the shaft so the white bushing does not fit back in...a hacksaw would be better...but dont go all the way through...you want to keep the rod inside intact and test/trim it later. i had to do the cutting process 2x used the hacksaw the 2nd time.

-after you figure out how much you need to take off the shaft to get the screw holes to lign up then trim down your rod in the midle so that the shifter action works. do this little by little so you dont get it too short.

-You have to make your round hole in the console part square, a razor blade will do the trick.

-You need to cut a little off the bottom of the new shifter so it will go down far enough. (cut it off even with the notch so its flat all the way around then make a new notch) probably about an 8th inch.

-The screw holes are slightly further apart so you will only be able to use one.

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wish I had a dremel

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
I personally think you ought to invest in one. It is arguably one of the most versatile tools that I have ever owned. $40 for a basic one at walmart, $60 for a pretty nice one. I got the $60 flavor, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I also purchased a $30 accessory kit, which makes the Dremel an even MORE useful tool. Highly recommended for ANY aspiring DIYer.

·
Registered
807 Posts
sumptimwong said:
I personally think you ought to invest in one. It is arguably one of the most versatile tools that I have ever owned. $40 for a basic one at walmart, $60 for a pretty nice one. I got the $60 flavor, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I also purchased a $30 accessory kit, which makes the Dremel an even MORE useful tool. Highly recommended for ANY aspiring DIYer.
WORD

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, part no 29 is the one i ordered., mine is the leather one.
on my invoice is says 54130-sda-a53zc KNOB NH167L list $46.35 and Net $34.76

·
_
1,648 Posts
nice job, welcome to the club.

i did mine a while back. didn't worry about the second hole yet, but will so i can get 2 screws in. and i didn't cut it down in size, just left it tall. will modify at some point when it bugs me, but for now it's chill.

you ever have problems pushing in the button? mine will get stuck here and there so i have to move it up to park, down to 1, back up to park and it unlocks.

chill for a free mod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts