Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering where you guys were getting these superchargers for the 7th gen Accord? I have looked and can't seem to find one. Are they pieced together kits or bought complete?

·
Registered
389 Posts
They are made by Comptech for the TL. Have to relocate the battery to the trunk to install it..among other things.

Do a search for supercharged accord

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
i'll explain it to you. the 03-07 v6 accord block is identical to the 04-06 acura TL. If you are interested in a kit, holler at me at 714-538-0680 and i can give you a quote on labor, parts needed and installation. it will be roughly $7000 out of the door, with the blower kit, braille battery, custom aluminum radiator, ik22 spark plugs, emanage+harness and a tune. If you can find a use kit, it will be dramatically cheaper.

feel free to use the search button bud.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of power would I be looking at? This is my first Accord to own. I am used to B-Series Honda motors. I would like to have a low 13 sec daily driven Accord if that is possible which im sure it is but like I said the Accord is something new to me.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
with a lsd, great launching and shifting, you should break mid to low 13's. slicks can get you in the 12's if you launch good without breaking axles.

you should be looking around 300whp, and 260-270 ft lbs of torque.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the highest boost pulley available for the kit? You said about 300 hp with how much boost is that? I know a lot of people think that it is an easy way out but I have had a lot of luck with nitrous in the past and I could show greater power gains with a lot less money. Also you said that was with emanage, is there any other type of tuning systems available that would be equivalent to Hondata or is the emanage the best that you can get? Again like I said before I am a b series guy and I have built many 400-600 hp hondas with turbo setups and I am just trying to get a feel for what is available for the Accord.

·
- Leo
992 Posts
There is a regular pulley which i believe boosts about 4.5 psi and a high boost pulley which brings the boost up to 9 psi. Nitrous is definitely another possibility, there are a few members here who have 50-100 shots and run them safely and for a much smaller cost than a supercharger.

·
The End.
4,331 Posts
What is the highest boost pulley available for the kit? You said about 300 hp with how much boost is that? I know a lot of people think that it is an easy way out but I have had a lot of luck with nitrous in the past and I could show greater power gains with a lot less money. Also you said that was with emanage, is there any other type of tuning systems available that would be equivalent to Hondata or is the emanage the best that you can get? Again like I said before I am a b series guy and I have built many 400-600 hp hondas with turbo setups and I am just trying to get a feel for what is available for the Accord.
Don't get your hopes up. There's not much.

Emanage is good, but not GREAT. It gets the job done.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
well, I can tell you that I have alot of experience with B, F, and D series engines. The J series engines is a whole different world. For one, its a V6 in comparison to a inline-4. It's a single overhead cam, compared to a dohc. I will not say it's an easy way out with a nitrous kit as I know the potential of the bottles as well. However I don't see any point for 600 hp fwd cars.. I'd say for a B-series, 240-300 is where i'd like to maintain the power and that can be done without boost, bottle, or any other method of f/i. For a J-series 300-400 is perfect, I'm trying for 400/300-350ftlbs.

If you want a better type of management, for instance a full standalone, Hondata reflash, motec, aem ems I can have that done for you too with a little thinking, and alot rewiring for some, and a little for others, however it will cost you alot more for these type of management alone. ;)

theres like 5-6 of us with 7th gens, all running 4-5lb pulleys making 280-320whp on the dynapack.. the guys making 300+ are all j32a3 swaps. My car's been running with the J30a4 boosted for a little over a year now and it's holding up fine so far. I recommend deleting all the cats with the blower installation because eventually your cats will go anyways.

·
Carpe Diem
3,957 Posts
i'll explain it to you. the 03-07 v6 accord block is identical to the 04-06 acura TL. If you are interested in a kit, holler at me at 714-538-0680 and i can give you a quote on labor, parts needed and installation. it will be roughly $7000 out of the door, with the blower kit, braille battery, custom aluminum radiator, ik22 spark plugs, emanage+harness and a tune. If you can find a use kit, it will be dramatically cheaper.

feel free to use the search button bud.
How much would you guess a shop would charge to install it all?

·
SC J32A3 Accord
645 Posts
yeah that stuff does miracles bawni :) hows your car running buddy
Which ones did you use though? the electronic O2 simulators or the defouler cap thingies? I thought about deleting my cats, but I want to be somewhat eco-conscious :p

My car's running good, still get some random pinging in the mid range and alittle rich in the topend, about 10.5 A/F open-loop. I had the topend tuned to 11.5, but for some reason the ECU over corrected it back down to 10.5 :( I'll take it back to Church's one of these days for a real re-tune lol.

Oh and I wanted to correct some stuff other people said about the SC...
1. you do not need to relocate the battery to the trunk, the SC kit comes with a battery tray to install a smaller battery.
2. the "High" boost pulley actually only bumps up the boost from the stock 5-6psi to 6-7 on the J30A4. On a J32A3, stock is 4-5psi and the HBP is 5-6psi. It only gives you 2psi more, nowhere near 9psi as 03_AV6 said.

06_6sp, Nighthawk04v6 is spot on for what's needed to dropped in an SC for everyday drivability.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Which ones did you use though? the electronic O2 simulators or the defouler cap thingies? I thought about deleting my cats, but I want to be somewhat eco-conscious :p

My car's running good, still get some random pinging in the mid range and alittle rich in the topend, about 10.5 A/F open-loop. I had the topend tuned to 11.5, but for some reason the ECU over corrected it back down to 10.5 :( I'll take it back to Church's one of these days for a real re-tune lol.

Oh and I wanted to correct some stuff other people said about the SC...
1. you do not need to relocate the battery to the trunk, the SC kit comes with a battery tray to install a smaller battery.
2. the "High" boost pulley actually only bumps up the boost from the stock 5-6psi to 6-7 on the J30A4. On a J32A3, stock is 4-5psi and the HBP is 5-6psi. It only gives you 2psi more, nowhere near 9psi as 03_AV6 said.

06_6sp, Nighthawk04v6 is spot on for what's needed to dropped in an SC for everyday drivability..

blox 02 simulator, just a mechanical extender for the o2 sensor. add one of those on bank 1 and bank 2 secondary sensors for cat efficiency.

yeah our ecu's are smart and like to rethink haha! i'll probably be at church friday to get bryan's zc tuned.

ikethegreat: How much would you guess a shop would charge to install it all?

Well,
I can't say what other shops would charge to install, but I can tell you what I'd charge here.

comptech SC kit for 04-06 acura TL - 5000
braille battery - 150
ik22 spark plugs - 9.50x6
aluminum radiator with custom relocated inlet 250-500 depending on brand
emanage blue + boomslang harness 500
custom setrab transmission cooler with custom lines and fittings(for automatics) $185
coolant - 1 gal bottle 16$
trans fluid for AT - 4.5qts x $7.00 = $32.xx

$6233 + tax on parts
i'll do 7000$ out the door on parts and labor. (this would be a good deal considering i'll be installing the trans cooler, and the custom fabrication on the radiator ;) )

i'll custom fab a CAI for an extra 150. the pipe will be 3" and custom aluminum welded to meet your fitment needs.

things you won't need but i don't see why it would hurt not to,
is add higher CFM fans, hollow out cats or custom test pipes w/ defoulers/o2 sims, custom J-pipe, and a nice exhaust.

·
MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES
2,373 Posts
i get turned on everytime you guys talk about your superchargers.

wassup bawni!!
you and kiet should go to the midnight meet in july. :)

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
On a side note, where can you get the comptech s/c from? I know comptech got bought out, and their site isn't what it used to be, but is there a new site for personal owners and not race teams?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts