Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

As stated in my title both my 12v cigarrette adapters do not work anymore

at first i thought it was just my cheap car charger i use to charge my htc evo cell phone but i ordered a new one and tested it in the one in the center console and the one by the gear shift it didnt work in either one. I tested it on my mom's camry and the usb adapter worked fine

any tips on what to check? I have no idea whats wrong with it... i guess i'll try to find if something got unplugged and if it gets bad i guess i'll go to the dealership

just hoping you guys can offer some tips

THANKS!

·
Registered
305 Posts
What year is your car? As suggested, you should of course check your fuses. If your fuses are good then depending on what year your car is there may not be anything wrong!

I had seemingly the same problem with my wife's 03 coupe. Fuses were good and neither ac adapter would work. The 03 has a funny ac adapter design. It's like some of the inside of the outlet is cut out and some accessories will simply not work in them. I have an 06 coupe and the same accessories work perfectly in my car. With a little experimentation I discovered her outlets work fine - - but only for some accessories. I looked at the outlets in my 06 and her 03. Mine is solid inside and hers is cut out. Unfortunately, I don't know what year they changed the design. If you haven't already, try some other plug in accessories to see if they work if it isn't your fuses. At least if you have an 03.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys i have an 06' accord coupe

umm... yeah i'm not going to lie i'm a bit guilty of yanking them out fairly quickly.

which fuses should i check? i havent worked with too much electrical stuff on my car. I would kind of need a step by step on this lol

thanks for all the advice

·
Registered
305 Posts
The fuse box is in the driver side kick panel. There is a listing of all the fuses inside the fuse panel cover. That's pretty much all you need to know. There is also another fuse box under your hood but the fuse for your ac outlets isn't there as I recall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts