Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would there any issues on running a 15" wheel on a 6MT Coupe? or would 16" be the smallest I can go?

I'm looking for a set of used wheels for my car so I can throw some winter tires on them. 16" OEM Honda wheels in nice condition are hard to come by - the guys with prelude blades, or accord/rsx/8th gen civic wheels are asking a fortune

I see a ton of 15" wheels, both OEM alloy and steelies for sale in my area where I live, and I could run a 205-65-15 winter tire setup for much less $$

can I run the 15" with no problems?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have to run 17s due
to brake caliper issues.
snap, didn't know the brakes on the 6mt were larger (or different) from the other v6 accords.....I gotta do some more research lol :confused:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
ah hah...Doc i've been thinking of a similar set up but not for the winter, rather a drag tire set up. I would also like to know whats the smallest we can go as far as steeies go. If not, i will probably have to pick up some lightweight rims for the front and mount some drag radials on them. We'll see...

·
Registered
32 Posts
15" Steelies are a no go on the 6MT, you have to go with 16's unfortunately. You should be able to pick up some new 16" rims relatively cheap $50-$65 a piece. But i would make sure that they are hub centric or at the very least (not sure if you even can with steelies but) get hub centric rings. This will avoid many potential vibration issues.

·
08 Altima Hybrid....
498 Posts
Where in the heck is La Quinta, CA?

No I'm curious.
A better phrase is to say " where in hell is La Quinta "

It's in the desert just past Palm Springs and on the hottest day it can get 120 degrees.

Siggy took a pic months ago at the drags.
I don't have them on the car right now I'm trying my lightweight
kosei k1 17x7.5 with nitto 245 wide DR's.

AS far as the 16x8 nsx rims a spacer is needed because the tires rub on the inside, but the rims clear.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts

It's in the desert just past Palm Springs and on the hottest day it can get 120 degrees.

AS far as the 16x8 nsx rims a spacer is needed because the tires rub on the inside, but the rims clear.
Just past Palm Springs going east? 120 degrees? That sounds like it would really suck.

Someone is going to machine spacers for you for the NSX rims??

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

You don't need spacers for the Kosei's right? Where did you pick them up from?

·
I no Nintendo
1,400 Posts
I trying the hole 15" wheels, it would of worked if I had extended lugs just put it this way it was a hole lot of spacers...I was trying to put some slicks on.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
15" Steelies are a no go on the 6MT, you have to go with 16's unfortunately. You should be able to pick up some new 16" rims relatively cheap $50-$65 a piece. But i would make sure that they are hub centric or at the very least (not sure if you even can with steelies but) get hub centric rings. This will avoid many potential vibration issues.
16" it is then, I'll continue to keep my eye out for a cheap set.

Hubcentric FTW :D

·
08 Altima Hybrid....
498 Posts
Just past Palm Springs going east? 120 degrees? That sounds like it would really suck.

Someone is going to machine spacers for you for the NSX rims??
I have been using standard 5/16 spacers from the autoparts store.

The kosei's have a +45 offset so no spacer needed and they came from tire rack.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I can't find K1's in 7.5" on Tire rack. Only 7" and 8". I'm looking for the K1 Racing one's but they seem not to be available for our car. At least they don't show up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts