Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Satin Silver Av6, and I want to keep 16's. Once I get rid off all the little problems with the car, I figured since my current stock 16's are banged up, that I would purchase another set of lightweight 16's, since I do not want to 'upgrade' to 17's.

I took a look at these and wow do I like them! They look really clean and subtle and I think they would look good on my Av6 coupe. Only thing I'm not sure about is that the spokes are just a TAD too thin.

Comments are welcome.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
those look nice. they look like the RSX-S rims =]. i say go for them...but get 17s. they have pretty thin spokes...so they'll be pretty light anyway...and 17s will definitely look a lot better on your car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOOK better maybe, but I've heard nothing but bad things aside from that. Our cars tend to lose a lot of balls once we throw on a set of 17's. I made the same mistake with my last whip, it looked great, and handled somewhat better, but the extra weight & rotational mass made it a lot slower, the ride a lot more harsh, and also with the roads around my area, my tires would get 'bubbles' on them from sidewall impact, and I'd have to replace a tire or two much too often for my likings. Just not worth it to me in my opinion. I'd also have to buy a set of tires as well which would set me back another $400 minimum.

I want a set of LIGHTWEIGHT 16's, even the ones I listed are kinda heavy. As for the drop, I probably won't invest into suspension either. If handling/looks of a drop was a factor, I wouldn't have been out buying a FWD Av6 coupe to begin with.:p IMHO, there are very few cars that can get away with having a couple inches of wheel gap and look good. My Av6 coupe is still one of the more classy mid-sized coupes on the road today, and I think a drop would throw that off. I just love the stock feel! My old whip was slammed on some Intrax Race Springs (1.75" drop) and KYB AGX shocks, and even though I could take 90 degree turns at high speeds and lose no traction, the constant rough ride I just grew out of.

As for those wheels, they remind me of Ferrari rims kind of with the sporty 5-spoke design. Weigh in more or less as much as the stockers.. 18.1 lbs...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts