Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject line says most of it. Got an '07 EX V6 5AT sedan with 17" alloys. Would the 16" or 15" factory wheels be a drop-on swap? Or is there something that prevents it (15" wheels only fit with rear drums and smaller front discs or something like that)?

Thanks, all!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
…looks like there are two front rotor sizes: 282mm and 300mm. My car has the 282mm rotors (11.1" in olde-tyme inch-things), so that suggests to me the 15s oughtta fit. Anyone see a flaw in my reasoning?

·
Mr. Detail
1,170 Posts
The 16" RSX wheels fit (they are very light OEM wheels) but you do have to grind about .05" off the caliper bracket. 15" wheels would be tight, you would have to test fit them to be sure. With 16" wheels, I can barely get a 1/4" wide wheel brush in between the barrel of the wheel and the caliper.

Are you doing this for a lighter wheel? Or taller tire height?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know most people want to go the other direction; remove smaller and install bigger wheels, but I want some more tire sidewall between me and the roads (and curbs) around here, and given the type of driving I do, the low-profile 17" tires are of no practical advantage over higher-profile 15s.

I was hoping the dimensions of the mini spare (15" × 4") were an indication that the 15 × 6" wheels would fit, but someone at DA says they won't clear the calipers. X-(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
…wait, hold on a sec. Occurs to me we might not be talking about the same 15s; I want to run steelies, not alloys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have on my accord lx 2007 4 cylinder i went 2009 civic alloy rims and 205 60 16 the stock wheel was steel 15 inch rims and 2 tires was out I know the v6 i had earlier 2007 v6 6 speed tried the stock 15 steel rims did not work due to caliber clearance I know you can use the acura or civic 16inch rims and use the tires and wheel size calculator so the speedo is not off may need to shave a little of calibers for clearance you can get a 15inch steel for 10 or 15 used with tire do a test fit b4 you jump in it I got the alloy rims of FB for 100 and tires all 4 for 150 2 fronts where brand new with stickers ..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Attached pictures for reference 09 civic rims with 205 60 16 tires good luck with your progress...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts