80gb 5400rpm hard drive
128mb ATi radeon mobility
2gb DDR ram
17" screen
illuminated keyboard
osx tiger
adobe CS2
Dreamweaver

the laptop itself is slightly damaged, there is a dent in one of the corners, but its hardly noticeable and does not affect performance. the computer has recently been wiped and restored. there is over $2000 of just software on the hard drive, and i will not wipe it when i sell it, so you get everything on there (except my personal files)

also INCLUDED in this auction is a leather fitted case for the laptop and an apple wireless bluetooth mouse, as well as all the system software cd's and manuals.

this is a great laptop, but its too big for my likings.

asking price is $2300, but bare in mind, i paid over $3300 for this laptop, as it was one of the first 1.67ghz models produced and it is fully loaded.

if you are willing to pay the full price, i will pay for shipping on whatever service, except overnight.

if you have any questions, email, PM or post them here.

·
Killer of clutches
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well considering iit cost me over 3000 new, with student pricing, i think thats fair

dont forget, its a 17" HD display, 1.65 ghz power pc g4 which is about a pentium 4 3ghz, 2gb of ram, 80gb hard drive, dvdrw/cdrw drive backlit keyboard, about an inch thick when closed, and over 2000 dollars of software.

so i think around 2000 is a fair deal

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
well considering some other guy sold his powerbook for like 1500 shipped or something like that, and it was practically NEW, no scratches and all that... and its unecessary software... im in the market for a mac laptop... but not $2000 worth of software....

:bump: good luck w/ the sale tho

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
retroshark said:
thanks. what powerbook was it? the 12, 15, or 17?
I forget... prob the 15? but the specs seemed better than the ones yours has... his thread is prob still around here

·
Registered
207 Posts
2000 is a good deal for this guys. If you see the screen of this thing in real life, you'll understand....its a huge 17 in widescreen. I was in the market for one of these last week but I already got one, and i know that the model with the upgraded 2gb of ram and dvd-r goes for $2999 new + taxes. So i dont think 2000 is a bad price to ask, it IS a powerbook after all, not some cheapass compaq or dell laptop. But for 2000, Id rather get the powerbook pro with the intel duo for 1999 + student discount.

By the way the price difference between the 12in and 17in powerbook is $1000.

·
Superccord
907 Posts
2000 is a good price.

throw it on ebay, you'll sell it in no time.

I myself have an iBook, apple makes great laptops.

And mac's resale value is high.

·
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim
3,589 Posts
if he throws it on ebay, dont expect more than 1800 for it.......why?

the new line of MAC powerbooks/ibooks are out with DUAL CORE and DDR2 and other major upgrades.......all for about $2000.......

very techological world of computeres moves very fast and stuff, even something 2 weeks old, loses its value quickly.........

·
Registered
291 Posts
^^
The pricing for the old apple laptops haven't gone down at all since the release of the intel chips, so I'll have to disagree with that statement.

Bump, it's not that bad of a price.

·
Registered
207 Posts
sl33pyriceboi said:

the new line of MAC powerbooks/ibooks are out with DUAL CORE and DDR2 and other major upgrades.......all for about $2000.......

very techological world of computeres moves very fast and stuff, even something 2 weeks old, loses its value quickly.........
I think the macbook pro is the only laptop with the intel duo processor. I think the current powerbooks and ibooks still use the regular G4 processor.....well at this point and time that is.

·
Superccord
907 Posts
sl33pyriceboi said:

see the difference is the price of technology when it comes to Windows loses value really quickly. Not apples.

See for yourself. Go one eBay and look up powerbook. It's just the way it works.

·
Superccord
907 Posts
bad03accord said:
I think the macbook pro is the only laptop with the intel duo processor. I think the current powerbooks and ibooks still use the regular G4 processor.....well at this point and time that is.
you are correct.

Along with the Mac Mini and iMac which use the intel chip

1 - 17 of 17 Posts